• Chandler
    but in the house....it can easily replace your vapcapsLabPong

Thanks for the info. I'm on their website now trying to get familiar.

420. For 420 I must save. I put the cap, the adapter and jabon in my cart came to $230CAD not bad. I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper for just the cap
  • LabPong
    Chandler....did you check to see if one of the kit versions was cheaper or maybe get more for the same $?
  • Chandler
    @LabPongthank you sir. Your are correct. Jhook kit which is all 3 items and a jhook come to $183...

Edit* umm not so much cheaper. When you look at the kit you see the new cap is the only one in stock and costs more, than to upgrade from honest torch to jabon costs more.. Basically it all prices out the same or very similar...

My best bet is to just purchase the cap and adapter for $195

How well does the steel pad work? Does the Lotus do well with concentrates?
  • Chandler
    @Aj85are you still loving your Lotus after all these years?
  • Ctipp22
    the vapcap didn’t work for me cause I was getting very metallic lung taste. Lotus doesn’t do that and tastes better
  • Chandler
    @ctipp I see. Very understandable!
  • Ed's TnT
    Working on that now, wont be lining them though, stay tuned!
  • LabPong
    How well does the steel pad work? Does the Lotus do well with concentrates?Chandler

I didn't use the steel pad...as I have some healthstones that are the correct size. I prefer the healthstones to the old metal pads. I got them from 7th Floor, they are the smallest size they have, 11.67mm but they are actually 10.xx and they fit perfectly in the Lotus bowl.

I actually do not use the Lotus for concentrates, I use the FF2, G43, Elev8R, or KP Crystal pen.
  • Ctipp22
    Holy crap this works just like an Elev8r! I need a bigger torch though but I got clouds and all flavors. zrvbtgblwfl7hgh7.jpeg
    tcwi455ec4xnu8ub.jpeg
  • LabPong
    Ctipp....what stem is it?

I tried a xlr one like that and it was not that great.....but it was the thinner boro one...not the German one that is thicker from RBT.
  • Ctipp22
    mine is the XL8R. It’s like a minute heatup with a quad torch! but man does it taste good. It’s the German Schott glass I believe.
  • Dr green thumb

I have the German glass mouthpiece from rbt , I will compare it to the elev8r.
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    mine is the XL8R. It’s like a minute heatup with a quad torch! but man does it taste good. It’s the German Schott glass I believe.
    Ctipp22

Ok...if you got the German version.....it will be ok to torch up. I would not do it too much with the thinner one. The thicker one should hold heat better too.

But....I use the Elev8R with only the bottom screen....no upper screen just the bowl screen. With that setup, you don't have much option but to pack the stem like a G43.

You could try a adapter style bowl if you have one.
  • Ctipp22
    Delicious all glass flavor.

This one took 45 seconds to heat. After huge rips the abv is green then turns yellow.
    Attachment
    36C81909-232A-4278-A061-E0FEEE3D2F35 (14M)
  • Ctipp22
    6930hkkwzsnb8rgh.jpeg
    02k477yarivf3imw.jpeg

Shorter ones too!
  • Dr green thumb
    the taste is very similar between the elev8r and rbt cooling stems. I will write more later.
  • Ctipp22
    I wonder if it’s the airflow because his run with the schott German glass doesn’t get much better..Also you can just bare hand touch the top and hold it without burning yourself because i heat low. Heatup is down to 34 seconds from a cold start.
  • LabPong
    ↪Dr green thumb
    I wonder if it’s the airflow because his run with the schott German glass doesn’t get much better..Also you can just bare hand touch the top and hold it without burning yourself because i heat low. Heatup is down to 34 seconds from a cold start.
    Ctipp22

Good deal :up:

But it looks like one of your "short stems"....is a jagged broken one? If so, grind and torch that thing or pitch it...be safe.
  • LabPong
    Ok....train back on the Lotus track.... :wink:

I just had a killer sesh with the Lotus. Once you get the correct sized torch flame....it really is a fantastic experience. I went from my smaller D020-D to the larger can of the same design (like a side car matrix)....that little more pull power yields faster vapor for me.

I am sure using the stock pipe or a J Hook is much more sensitive with draw pressure...and it is not hard to get enough. I only tried it one time with a J Hook...but found it to be too hot for my liking.
  • Philly
    yeah like the j hook but all about the vaporscope. Less heat, more ergonomic. Also if you have your technique down you can increase the flame size. Quicker to get to heat and bigger clouds. Really love this vape. Thanks labpong for bringing up, kicking myself for not adding this to my collection earlier.
  • Ctipp22
    agreed the Lotus is so so nice. Love it
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    yeah like the j hook but all about the vaporscope. Less heat, more ergonomic. Also if you have your technique down you can increase the flame size. Quicker to get to heat and bigger clouds. Really love this vape. Thanks labpong for bringing up, kicking myself for not adding this to my collection earlier.
    Philly

:up:
    Philly....i got tired of that little voice in the back of my brain telling me to try this thing too...lol

The vaporscope looks really cool, though I would be nervous as it is not really "easy to set down not breakable". haaaa

But I would also like to use water too. It looks like it performs really good though....great idea. I use a drop down which also helps seeing vapor building...besides what is in the can area.

TLDR......the Lotus with the Vaporscope is very cool....just do not let Bud have one for more than 30 seconds. :grin:
  • Philly
    funny you say that. Feel like vaporscope and the G43 (my next purchase) would be a great combo.
  • Ctipp22
    This has been one of the best vape purchases I have ever made. I stand by this piece. Once you learn to finesse the lotus and not to try just power rip it, the clouds are big and the herb barely gets yellow.
  • LabPong
    This has been one of the best vape purchases I have ever made. I stand by this piece. Once you learn to finesse the lotus and not to try just power rip it, the clouds are big and the herb barely gets yellow.Ctipp22

Yup....this vape is very efficient and you get so much out of what little you need to use.
  • Ctipp22
    sometimes the best vape quality comes from the least expected ones.
  • BestBuds
    Do I have to get a single flame lighter or will a dual work?
  • LabPong
    Do I have to get a single flame lighter or will a dual work?BestBuds

BB....sorry I did not see your question here until now....

You could use a single or dual....but the problem is you need to turn them way up to get enough blue flame. You need a longer blue flame then what most all of the smaller torches put out.

The Jobon funnel torch from Lotus is perfect for using the Lotus. The heating plate on the Lotus needs to have fast direct blue flame kiss it as you move it around a bit. With the proper torch, you can get hits (after the initial warm up hit) in 4-10 seconds that are full and solid.

With a smaller inner blue flame torch......you are going to have to heat longer to get decent results...which means you are going to go through butane quickly.

The cool Jobon torch also is pretty efficient and holds a big amount of butane. It is by far my favorite torch to use and also more importantly......holding the torch to use with a Lotus is super easy and no stress on your hands and fingers. It is super ergonomic and the trigger is stress free to hold down because of it being a big lever and ergonomically positioned. I could not imagine using a normal small torch on the Lotus. Or....using too big of a torch like I use on my Elev8R...(Blazer BB turbo).
  • mmx

Hey I just got Lotus today. How do I adjust the flame on Jobon?

I saw comment on their website, but I dont get how to do it.. Any ideas?

- The plate on the bottom of the torch is removable and has a thin edge that can be used for flame adjustment. It’s held on by a magnet.
  • LabPong
    How do I adjust the flame on Jobon?mmx

Take off the "cigar cutter" lol thing off the bottom.(not sure how the hell you would cut a cigar with it).

Then just use a large flat screw driver or other device to turn the plastic covered fuel inlet. Counter clockwise for higher flame...clockwise for....lower. I have mine set just above the lowest it can go.

But keep in mind....you can get one that adjusts different form the next like any other torch...but the 2 I have are very close with this issue.

I basically adjust it from the lowest setting it can go....then up just a small amount. You will be able to tell if it is up enough when you get a good hit after 10 second heat ups after the first warm up one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment