• ChronicBlaze

Even when its "locked"? I dont have the app yet, and they say you need the app to "unlock" the other settings. Or do heat settings 1-5 work without the app, and the app just changes 4-5 to custom temps?
  • Dr green thumb
    the app just allows you to customize those temps you should have full use of the mv1.
  • ChronicBlaze
    Nice,thanks for the info.

Also, discovered another personal benefit of the MV1, the crucible cools down so quickly, I'll never again experience the crazy pain from accidentally touching a solo stem or a plenty chamber while hot. I didn't expect that benefit, and its an amazing surprise!!!
  • OhHello

I just figured chipping was normal, mine has a few after a 3 months but I believe the are on the outside of the heat sink, is this a concern? Stealth edition
  • GHOSTTEAM

Here's a screenshot of the default temps http://bit.ly/2DJ8Wo5 (I thought I knew how to embed pictures on here but I was wrong! haha)

Default Temps:
    Amber 1: 284°F
    Amber 2: 320°F
    Amber 3: 356°F
    Red 1: 392°F
    Red 2: 428°F
    Red 3: 470°F

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 

p.jpeg?size_mode=5
  • GHOSTTEAM

Yes, the app is not required to use the MV1. However without it, you cannot set custom temps for Red 1 and Red 2. Here is a quick video I made on how to manually flip through through the 6 different heat settings:

* Manually Change Heat Settings

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • GHOSTTEAM

We'd be happy to take a look =) Could you share a couple of pictures of the damage please? Thank you!

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • MunicipalBlack

I found it challenging to remember to slow my draw speed when I first opened mine. Virgil helped me with that point. I was used to the Solo 2 and VapCap and the MV1 is so easy to draw from comparatively with the stem fully extended.
  • ChronicBlaze

Thanks for the tips. Its way easier than it first seems.

Thanks for the package too!, got the new heatsink in with a glass mouthpiece...Acapulco Gold never tasted soooo good:)
  • WOLF444

Greetings Virgil... I just took delivery of my Ghost MV1 Stealth a couple days ago. I'm using the app and the default temperatures you listed in your recent post are all lower than the ones listed on my app. Here is a screenshot, and please note that I have adjusted F2 manually and can't remember what it was originally set at... All the other levels L/M/H/F1/C are unchanged in terms of being my original/default settings when I first started using the app.

ectVVOv.jpg

Could you please comment on this discrepancy? Also, my app says my C (Concentrate level) temperature is only 428 F... Is that the appropriate temperature for vaping concentrate in this device?

I checked for a Firmware update just to make sure I was using the most current and the app tells me that there are no updates available.

Thanks for your time...

~WOLF
  • Raven907
    celcius and Fahrenheit. My app shows the same as yours.
  • WOLF444

Hi Raven, I thought about that possibility earlier but the temps Virgil reported say 'F' and would be way too high by Celsius standards....

On my app the Celsius temps range from 170 - 220 C
  • Dr green thumb

Why does the app show different temperatures than the ones you listed?

Default Temps:
    Amber 1: 284°F
    Amber 2: 320°F
    Amber 3: 356°F
    Red 1: 392°F

Vs

Two posts up

Amber 1 338°f
    Amber2 365°f
    Amber3 392°f
    Red 1. 410°f
    Red 2 421°f
  • Raven907
    I see what you're saying now. My temperature's are the same as yours. tojyamj11ol1ol7g.jpg
  • WOLF444
    For the record I think I would prefer the temperature settings/ranges that Virgil reported... I prefer to start at a lower temperaure and ramp up the heat incrementally over the course of numerous draws... I learned not long ago that the numerous cannabinoid and terpene compounds have varying boiling points ranging from 200F - 450F (reportedly) - so I'm very interested in vaping the material at varying temperature ranges in order to experience the most accurate effects of the plant's chemistry (chemical profile)...

I modified my F1 setting to the lowest temperature allowed (284 F) and for my most recent vape session I started there and got 2 visible clouds of vapor and great flavor/taste - then for each subsequent hit I upped the temperature level by one setting and finished the crucible at my F2 which I set at 415.... This is only my 3rd day with the vape so I'm still experimenting... The efficiency really is incredible though - as I'm finding one packed crucible is ample/sufficient for me in terms of desired intensity of effects... If I settle on this routine it's crazy to think that a single 1/8th that I purchase could translate to approx. 30 sessions with my vape... Almost hard for me to believe and accept...
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hello Everyone!

Sincere apologies for setting off any alarms. I totally screwed the pooch on this one so to speak. Your apps are correct, the default temps I listed were incorrect. I rarely (rarely meaning never) use the app so it wasn't until you kind folks pointed out the discrepancy that I paired to confirm and saw what you all were seeing. Below are the accurate temps.

Amber 1: 338°F
    Amber 2: 365°F
    Amber 3: 392°F
    Red 1: 410°F

If you're asking why 284°F or 320°F is listed, it's there for those that want to set custom temps for Red 1 or Red 2.

@WOLF444 The temp readout for Concentrate Mode (red 3) doesn't populate but it's set for 470°F. I believe it's because that temp is outside of the available range to select from for the custom temps Red 1 and Red 2.

Sorry once again everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • GHOSTTEAM

The mode sequence you described is very similar to what we recommend. Following your sequence and our recommend sequence allows the MV1 to deliver the full experience of your material within a session. Based on what you've said so far you're well on your way to mastering the device. Be well and take care.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • WOLF444

Virgil, thank you for the response and clarification...

A question I was waiting to ask was if you or someone from the Ghost Team could shed some additional light on this information contained in the Ghost FAQ:

"The GHOST MV1 crucible capacity is approximately 0.12g of your favorite herb. Due to the effectiveness of our proprietary technology this is roughly equivalent to 0.3g in comparison to most other vaporizers"

I was curious what it is specifically about the design/technology of the Ghost Vape that's responsible for such increased efficiency in comparison to many of the other vapes on the market which require more material? How was that 0.3g figure calculated or arrived at?

Based on my recent and limited experience, I'm finding that claim/statement from the F.A.Q. to be accurate - as I've reduced my consumption volume per session by 66% (from approx 0.33g to approx 0.10g) - and I feel like I'm getting comparable and similar results (intensity of effects). It's almost difficult to accept because it doesn't feel like such a small amount of material should be able to produce such an adequate level/intensity of effects (for me)...

:up:

~WOLF
  • MothChewMoth
    yep, it's black magic. I'd guess the figures came from some in-house testing sessions, but would be super interested if there's some additional info here. Even when I wasn't getting visible vapor, I could still feel those strong effects.
  • GHOSTTEAM

Really what's responsible for this kind of performance is the full convection nature of the MV1 enabling far fuller extraction than other conduction vapes.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • martinstraka8282
    May I politely ask if there's any update on the much anticipated firmware update? Thanks!
  • GHOSTTEAM

of course you can! We're still in the beta testing phase. We are being extra cautious to avoid overlooking anything and realizing too late that something was amiss. I assure you we're moving as fast and efficiently as we can, fully using our resources. I'm sure everyone's heard some version of this already since it was announced that a new firmware was in the works so I apologize if I sound like a broken record. We are as eager to share what we've been working so hard on as everyone is to see it. We only aim to please!

Thank you thank you thank you so much everyone for hanging in there with us.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • martinstraka8282
    Great, thanks for the update!

Us herb lovers are typically a patient bunch :smile:
  • GHOSTTEAM

I and we at GHOST appreciate you lot. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube