• Baron23
    I gave my Smite (I usually just call it a FM) to Vitolo who found it a happy home with an low income patient. All good.

The Arc doesn't immediately look like any other in production Chinese vape that I'm aware of (which is certainly not conclusive) but I do object to their spin job on this device. E.G. that amount of gold wouldn't absorb a small fraction of a BTU and their claims of it cooling the vapor is, IMO, complete rubbish.

Cheers
  • martinstraka8282

Ya, really glad it was pre-order only allowing me to cancel easily, and I came across the Ghost MV1 instead. If you're an unaware consumer like I was, the google review results can easily fool you.

I just want the best. Don't care what it costs for the most part.
  • Baron23
    I just want the best. Don't care what it costs for the most part.martinstraka8282

Great approach...I personally think that for a number of reasons, vapes are still expensive for what goes into them, but if you have the money then I agree....get the best vape you can.
  • MonsterWithoutBorders
    I weighed my previous mv1 and it is 4 grams heavier than the new one.
  • beezee420
    just took the first crucible, this thing ROCKS dont understand all the negative hype! however I haven't hooked it up to the app yet, should I do it?
  • trulukkyphrank
    Hello guys!!

The MV1 will be my first ever convection vaporizer :love: I always had conduction vaporizers. With conduction vaporizers it's recomended to fine grind, so I bought the new vape fine grinder! It works since day 1 like a champ! But I think this grinder is not the best choice for the MV1,..

Can anyone recomend me a really good grinder for the MV1? The price is secondary if the performance and DURABILITY is worth it! Cheers!
  • ZRN
    @trulukkyphrank - I've found that the grind matters but there are other factors that influence the quality of your experience. I would recommend you sit on your money and try the MV1 for yourself for a while and see which grind works best for the way you use it. Some are finding a coarse grind and some a fine grind works best for them. I've found that my lung capicity changes with seasons and polution levels and I have to make allowances in stem length and the speed and force I am able to inhale. With different strains I've experimented with different grinds and have been able to figure out how to vape all strains and grinds.

All that dosen't directly answer your question. I have three grinders, two cheap generic aluminium grinders (fine and medium) and the Lift Inovations grinder that comes with different screens as options. I have not been entirely happy with that any grinder, especially the Lift Inovations with sticky buds. The one that seems easiest to use is the little fine grinder. Good Luck with your MV1. Mine should arrive Monday.
  • Baron23
    I use the NV fine grinder and it works perfectly????
  • Demonscars
    Just hit my new stealth for the first time. I like everything except the mouthpiece. It’s so loose. Otherwise I find it very similar to the original MV1. Also @ghost-ops I had a hard time unlocking the battery. I’ve also been having a hard time unlocking my 2 other batteries with my old MV1 (haven’t tried them with the stealth yet). The only commonality is they’ve all been charged in the fast charger. Could my fast charger be doing some kind of damage to the connectors or something?
  • ZRN
    I like everything except the mouthpiece. It’s so loose. Otherwise I find it very similar to the original MV1Demonscars

Try putting the old glass mouthpiece in the Stealth.

ZRN
  • Bruce
    Your Vapeness (Bud) - Time to stop playing with your bongs, you're
    supposed to be saving for rims on your Vape Mobile. Check out Buds new rims below.

One thing's for sure it's a hybrid strain that runs on ABV and that means Bud will have enough fuel for the next hundred years or so.

Peace, Love & Vape.

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^

6toajagsv5ungwo6.jpg
  • ghost-ops
    it's unlikely that the fast charger is doing any damage to the battery terminals. The battery is intended to be a good fit and any tightness you are experiencing will ease over time.

Thanks

Mark
  • MonsterWithoutBorders
    @ghost-ops had a great deal of trouble putting the heat sink back together. I could not get it to go back to the original position. It does not leak using the official test. The stem is very wobbly at the position I have normally used. Though it seems fine might use silver heat sinks going forward.

Mod fixed tag
  • game 7
    Hey Guys , The door is supposed to swing out much smoother with usage , but it never completely closes, it doesn't catch on the first try I have to force it again for the catch to work.
    the crucible sitting in place but also hits that green hanging piece when trying to shut the crucible door
    anyone have similar experiences , forgive me it's a new Stealth Mv1 Thanks
  • ZRN
    @game 7 - Eventually I had to return an MV1 for that same problem. What happened is it got slowly more and more difficult to close, eventually it would not stay closed. @ghost-ops - Mark will be able to advise you better than I.

ZRN
  • BTRampage
    For what it's worth: never owned a previous version of the Ghost. Just got my MV1 Stealth, fast charger, and crucible dispenser last week. While waiting for it, I read everything I could find on this and other forums. Due to that, I was expecting a learning curve leading to some fine-tuning of technique.

Well, either I got lucky (which i doubt), or Ghost got it right with this edition. Never had to fine-tune anything or refine any techniques. I've had no issues with bypass. No issues with the door. No real issues with heatsink (I only say "real" issues with heatsink because after the first cleaning the lid never really does sit down flush on the heatsink, instead pushing up maybe a 64th of an inch..nothing to sweat over, works flawlessly.

Tolerances are all, as previously stated, nicely tight. Unit feels and operates just rock solid.

I'll admit I haven't really experimented much because everything worked great right out of the box. So I've been going with a coarser grind than I typically do with other instruments, and it just WORKS. I get clouds on any and all heat levels (obviously depending on how spent the crucible already is).

If I could suggest anything for improvement - it would be:
    - a fast charger option that plugs directly into the vape rather than requiring the battery pack be swapped out, and
    - a car charger that works at something close to fast charger speed.

Obviously I spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

As owner of FF2, Mighty, Volcano, LaunchBox, Haze, Haze Square Pro...this vape, more than all those others, feels worth every penny.

To GHOST: BRAVO!!! Keep doing what you're doing!

Lastly - my point writing this is to get anybody who's still on the fence about the MV1 to go ahead and jump in the water - it's great!!
  • EconMan
    Lastly - my point writing this is to get anybody who's still on the fence about the MV1 to go ahead and jump in the water - it's great!!BTRampage

Great review... thanks... I was and am still on the fence. The last fence, I fell on the FF2 side (no regrets - I love it). Still have not found a better tasting vape (haven't tasted the MV1 yet).

But I just love the "concept" of the MV1. I like that its creators chose to take a risk and make something different in design, with an idea that is pretty original. And it is beautiful. A creative work of sculpture. No vape at any price looks better. I may buy one today, since I learned ALL shipments of any color are the most recent versions. I want the Nickel color, not the Stealth (actually my least favorite color) and I had erroneously had the impression that only the stealth incorporated the latest improvements the newest version.

As an economist, I will say I think the company, if it wants to survive, avoid to the extent possible "multiple versions" of their products, as support costs escalate as organizational anarchy sets in. Think about it, no one who orders a Volcano is worried if they get the latest version. They simply buy in confidence, unbox, plug in, and it just works -- like an appliance, a toaster oven.

All that said, I so empathize with them. I remember how utterly buggy and fucked up my first payment gateway was.... V1 I somehow had debits and credits reversed .

Regardless, it's time I suppose -- damn! that fence! :joke:
    Guess I should go find the VapeCritic code for it, so he can get some commision credit. There is a page I saw somewhere. I'll hunt it down.
  • ghost-ops
    Thanks for the tag @ZRN

@game 7 I'm tagging @GHOSTTEAM so our CS team are aware. While older units occasionally had a problem with the door this was something that developed over time so whatever problem you're having sounds to be something different. Ideally we'd get it back in to have a quick look at - @GHOSTTEAM will DM you to get some additional information and we'll get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks

Mark
  • game 7
    Thanks for getting back to me. Good things happen at VLF !
  • martinstraka8282
    Just got mine last night and I have to echo BTRampage's thoughts.

Figured I was in for a huge learning curve and had spent the last week watching every video I could find and reading tip after tip.

Long story short, it just worked. Took it apart, charged battery in full, put it back together, loaded the crucible and away I went. Very impressed from my first session.
  • EconMan

Encouraging for Fence Sitters :)
  • game 7
    Thanks Ghostteam for your lightening response , not one but 2 members. Hope to get to try an MV1
    real soon.
  • koepen
    All you vaposhop buyers! You can get the Ghost MV1 stealth black + fast charger + extra battery bundle for 285€ at vaposhop until Nov 1st -> use code: vapobust2018 -> price will decrease to 256€!!!!
    Now that's a great deal!!! :cheer:
  • BTRampage
    Unfortunately it appears my glowing review previously should be somewhat dampened. This morning inserted a fresh crucible after the morning coffee and the door won't stay latched shut, feels latched but pops open as soon as I release the pressure from closing it. Upon investigation it appears there is a "tooth" on the inside of the latch button which, when working correctly, latches into a "groove" in the swinging door. This tooth is broken.

zelubtwmworyidfh.jpg
    tvfmpyjrx3pufniu.jpg

Couldn't have happened due to mishandling because it hasn't been dropped or abused in any way since unboxing. This is after approximately 15-20 crucibles of usage since I received it. Sent msg to Ghost via web contact form. I have good faith they'll act quickly...just hope the fix is improved from the original. I'll feed back as events progress.
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hi @BTRampage

Virgil here with GHOST CS. We're also very disappointed to see you've encountered this issue. I saw the support request that you submitted through our contact form as well, thank you for doing that. You'll be getting a response from me via the ticket from here on so that everything is documented on your account. However, if you prefer to communicate through VapeLife, by all means please send me a PM. I apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to a swift resolution for you.

Best,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes Customer Support
  • BTRampage
    Thanks Virgil. Just for further info - before this happened I had zero issue in any way with the door latching. It always a good firm pressure to get it shut and latched, but I always assumed that was a sign the seals are all in good shape rather than taking on a "memory-formed" shape that old gaskets/grommets/seals are prone to doing.
  • Dose
    My Stealth bundle arrived today and is waiting for me at home. I just have to make it through two more hours of work and a 1.5 - 2 hour commute so I can unbox, charge and get ripped. I can't wait to load up a few crucibles of GSC.

Side note my pain is at an all time high so I can't what to test the MV1's effectiveness!
  • Pakalolo2
    @DoseGreat choice, GG#4 does it for me as well. The biggest revilation will be how much LESS flower you use....Amazing!!

You’re going to love your Ghost!
  • John Cocktostone
    I get to use mine in 2.5 hours....the wait sucks.....plus it's just staring at me
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment