• Dose
    @Pakalolo2 - I was blown away with how lifted I got after one crucible, I'll admit I was a little skeptical since I've mainly been madicating with ccell cartridges and the palm, wasn't sure flower would provide enough.

@John Cocktostone - When I walked in the door I unboxed my quick charger and spare battery like a kid on christmas day, fled to the nearest outlet and waited like a 5 year old for the light on the charger to turn green.
  • John Cocktostone
    oh yeah!!!!! waiting for the green light like a fat guy waiting for biscuit dough to rise!!!
  • Pakalolo2
    @DoseEnjoy my friend!
  • Passdadutch
    @VapeCritic been following you for a minute now. Got my pax 2 and 3 off of your reviews!! My stealth mv1 just shipped, should be here soon. Cant wait! Just wanted to show some love!
  • JimK1967
    @vapecritic et al

Hey all!

New to the forum - smoked for 20 years. I quit for 7 years and resumed 6 years ago but only vaping. The majority of my daily use is via the Arizer Extreme Q. I vape by myself most of the time as my wife doesn't partake anymore. With the Extreme Q I only use .1g and to get good efficient extraction with that small amount, I tap on the base lightly while the bag is filling to slightly vibrate the herbs and it does fill a pretty milky bag this way but after 6 years of nightly use it's becoming a big pain in the @ss!

I am thinking of getting the MV1 primarily for home use so size is not a factor.

My question is this:

Will I get better, more efficient hits using the recommended .1g (which is what I vape now) with the Ghost MV1 over the way I use that same amount with my Extreme Q?

Thanks for any input!
    Jim

Mod fixed tag
  • Pakalolo2
    @JimK1967 Jim, I use my MV1 exclusively for home use and have been very impressed with it’s performance in that constantly delivers incredible flavor, effects and amazing efficiency.

I too had a long hiatus from smoking (20 years-started in 1974) but I was “combusting” 1.5 - 2.5 gr. per session. Now with my MV1, my consumption is a minuscule 0.05 - 0.15 grams per session and I’m “Staying Up” better than ever.

This is a result of 2 important factors:

1) The MV1 extracts better than you can imagine at the right temperature depending on the strain/moisture content of your herb. The Ghost performance is best with dryer herb. Take your time learning how this vape works and it will change your life.

2) Because of the MV1’s better efficiency, you can justify spending a little more on “top shelf” product and truly reap all the benefits this vape can deliver. I’m spending a fraction of what I was 6 months ago and getting at least 3X’s the efficiency and monster effects from the better strain I can now afford. This vape has paid for itself in the savings alone in the first few months!

Easy recommendation, just go for it and enjoy!
  • JimK1967

Hey bud!

Thanks for the thoughtful informative reply - it's greatly appreciated!

Looks like the Ghost MV1 Stealth bundle is going to be my birthday present from my wife in 2 short weeks. I'll post some feedback when I've lived with it for a couple days.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

JIm
  • JimK1967

One more thing while I got ya...

From what I've read, the MV1 likes a medium to coarse grind or more importantly, "fluffy" for good air flow. What grinder do you recommend? Might as well get a good grinder on it's way as well!

Jim
  • Pakalolo2
    I @JimK1967 I use 2 of the 5 grinders I own:

1) The Ripper - Medium grind and the best I’ve used and stainless steel to boot...My favorite!

2) The Chewy 2.0 - A great “novelty” battery operated grinder that I will occasionally bring out with friends. It grinds a “fluffy medium grind” that works well either the MV1 or Starry depending if I’m at home or out for the day. It can also store up to 3 grams in it case.

Hope this helps.
  • Dose
    @JimK1967 - I can confirm pretty much everything @Pakalolo2 has said about efficiency and potency. I get lifted off of .1g of herb every time consistently. Granted I'm not nearly as experienced as you two, but I do use it medicinally every day to stay pain free. Not a single regret about purchasing the MV1.

I have limited experience with grinders, I've read a lot about SLX 2.0, Shredders, NewVape etc. I ended up going with a Lincig grinder. I used the medium disc with the beveled side facing up. I've tried multiple strains and the MV1 has always produced vapor for me.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Man... I just got mine in.. it’s different, better than what I imagined. It’s a straight stealth black matte finish. Not reflective. This thing really is pretty damned kick ass. I’m going to post up pictures in a bit. I like it, I like it a lot. This device picked me up out of a gloomy state when I received it today. Totally changed my mood. Love it. Yo.. yooooo... yeahhhhh!

g7qvnw1ja7zuxotu.jpeg

Everytime I see it, I think of Vader holding it. It fits, it just fits. Yeahhhh!!
  • JimK1967

Thanks bud!

I do like the idea of stainless...
  • JimK1967

Thanks for the input - can't wait to get mine in hand!

Yeah, I have zero experience with grinders - I did it manually with a razor blade all these years in using my Extreme Q. It liked a really fine chop when using small amounts and kept the trichs intact.

I read the forum on which grinder was best for use with the MV1 last night - after a few pages I was DIZZY with choice! :wink: The one that stuck out to me coming from my above-mentioned method was the Lincig. I like the idea of a cutter. How's it holding up for you? Also - can you grind small amounts at a time with it?

Talk soon bud!
    Jim
  • SirCrackKillaH
    kyytbslm8aqt5ot1.jpeg
    b5zbv00ekwkzzt6i.jpeg
    tnj17zmz0l77wngb.jpeg
    inqilkf64r0u7url.jpeg
    bk6jz2zd98dqrnym.jpeg
    blo24hku5lef0sib.jpeg
    mrb0fjogob6a165i.jpeg
    lursi3mden82sslt.jpeg
    1ak01is3pyhd935u.jpeg
    nfnl5rg8zhqyo5cm.jpeg
    c0okwco49xsho4jd.jpeg

Glorious man... yeahhhh!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I love the Mv1, pretty little rocketship.. and stealth fighter/dark Jedi type lightsaber yo
  • BTRampage
    Came home from a 3-day biz trip to find the replacement Stealth MV1 waiting for me after the door latch failed on my first one. Fortunately I followed the wisdom of folks here and bought the fast charger and spare battery the first time around, so I didn't have to wait after unboxing the replacement. Just swapped out the battery and go!

[one crucible later]

Ahhhhhh..... The imbalance in the force has been restored.

Thanks Virgil and Ghost Customer Service!!!
  • Dose
    @BTRampage - Congrats dude! Was there a root cause for the failure? Mechanical issues, misaligned silicon or crucible lid etc.?
  • BTRampage
    Don't know why the latch broke, today I'll ship the old one to Ghost and they'll analyze. I don't know whether they'll feed back to me on root cause since I've already been "made right" with the replacement.
  • Dose
    The one that stuck out to me coming from my above-mentioned method was the Lincig. I like the idea of a cutter. How's it holding up for you? Also - can you grind small amounts at a time with it?JimK1967

I've only had mine for a few weeks, but the build quality seems top notch and it functions very well. As far as small amounts, I have cut up everything from one nug to three large nugs and didn't' have any issues with binding or the consistency of my grind.

I can't speak to the fine screen since I've only used the medium screen, but I can try it out tonight and report back.
  • slamcmy
    Hello, hi @SirCrackKillaH i have a question for you .. Is the new stealth heatsink compatible with previous versions of the MV1 ? .. Also what about the heatsinks from previous MV1 versions, are they also compatible with the new stealth version ? .. Im just asking this because on the pictures you uploaded in this post, i can see that you swapped heatsinks between the new stealth version and previous versions and vice versa .. Thanks for your help :wink:
  • Baron23
    it’s the same vape just a different color
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Everything is interchangeable. That's why I posted these pictures up. I hadn't seen anyone who had it yet do this and I was curious too. There is no sizing difference at all, just the color combination is different than what we're used to seeing. The reflective factor you can see in these pics too. On the Black Chrome and Gold, they are both highly reflective. When the sun or street light's light bounces off of either of those two, I get blown up. They become beacons of light. When I'm outside with either of the two, I usually have the device facing towards me vs. away so that it minimizes the light reflected outward. That black matte one does a great job of absorbing the light and not reflecting it back out, I can hold it normally.
  • bocefus
    I am relatively new to vaping and have mostly used vapcaps. I have been curious about the MV1, but was leary to pay $400 for the bundle. However, between the praise from VapeCritic and the Halloween deal I couldn't help myself and I pulled the trigger.

It has been only 3 days, However I am thrilled with the Stealth. It has the same great efficiency and fantastic flavor that I have been getting from the vapcaps....just slightly cooler vapor. My throat really appreciates the cooler vapor.

In addition to a great vape, I have been extremely impressed with the customer support from Ghost (well from Dynavap too). They really appear to care...which is rare in todays world. I have done my fair share of Tech Support over the years, so I really appreciate those who do it well (especially with all the abuse that line of work normally gets).

Thanks to VapeCritic and forum members for steering me in this direction.
  • juxt

Congrats! I find the MV1 beats the vapcaps in flavor by a wide margin, but maybe I'm overheating them.

Excellent bro! I'm still not sold on the new tips though.

I do a fine but fluffy grind with an upside down SLX, and get full extraction on the 5th setting in 2 - 3 good rips. Sometimes there is a hotspot, so I always check after the 2nd rip to see if it needs a stir.
  • bocefus

Thanks!....I may find the same thing once I have had a chance to play more. However, I usually get nice flavor on the first two hits on the vapcap. Especially when using a single flame or induction heater. Less flavorful hits when I overheat (even if I don't combust) or use multi-flame lighters.
  • John Cocktostone
    nice pics man. How are those cvaults?
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Cvaults I didn’t realize had lifetime warranties on those fasteners. Have had these for years. Highly recommend CVaults over those twist or pushbutton type containers. I’ve had bad experiences with other types of containers opening up. CVault, nahhhh. Good stuff man.

new tips? What the stems? The glass ones are too stiff for me. I like being able to use that shoot.. what’s it called.. name escapes me, super composite, yeah, I don’t mind the newer ones at all.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment