• BobCat
    Hi,

Ryan developed a heater for vapcaps. He has made 10 which will be listed on RBT website soon: about $40 for U.S. residents only. These 10 lucky people may also be asked for feedback- basically a customer based beta team.

Essentially, it's a mesh circle on a deck for a mod.
    It is called the eO, but I think that may be a slight joke. Picture below, and currently on RBT's Instagram is a story with its creation.

I want Vapelife members to have first knowledge of this device.

Full disclosure I am receiving a heater free of charge to beta test. I was one of a few people to contribute to the design. I suggested a 510 deck and another possible aspect I cannot detail at this time.
    I am receiving zero compensation nor will I ever. Hopefully I can keep my prototype, but I do not know.

Take care people!

dwomsbjptuko9gsx.png
    @VapeCritic
    @Summer
    @other side
  • Baron23
    I can't tag Other Side. Damn!BobCat

@other side

The pull down list seems to choke on handles with two or more words with spaces in between....but you can always just type the ampersand followed by the handle in quotes and that will work.

And, I gather you just stick your VC cap into this mesh heater and hit the mod fire button???
  • BobCat
    you just stick your VC cap into this mesh heater and hit the mod fire button???Baron23

Yes Sir!

I've always had issues with tagging @other side. It could be my phone or my first senior moment at 49.
  • Cl4ud3
    Why not?Baron23

Some names with spaces don't show up when you use the mention, they don't appear and you have to type them fully
  • Baron23
    You jump on reply too soon, grasshopper! haha
  • Cl4ud3
    that pesky edit :lol:
  • BobCat
    You were right. I had to manually type in full and case sensitive. My favorite mod! Be nice to our UK brother @Baron23.
  • Baron23
    My favorite mod!BobCat

I'm outraged!! :fire: :rage: :grimace: :angry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Other Side
    I am kinda excited about this. If this works well I would recommend a housing be developed to protect us all from inadvertently touching the coil. Could be a nice cheap induction heating solution for anyone with a mod box. I actually saw someone do something similar but I believe he used some straight wire. I would think this mesh would provide more even heating.
  • BobCat
    I would recommend a housing be developed to protect us all from inadvertently touching the coilOther Side

And to direct heat more efficiently. This is phase #2 if all goes well. Ryan is thinking of placing it in a Splinter housing because metal would short the deck. That was the other aspect I couldn't detail. Well, Ryan said I could, but I don't like the cart before the horse in case this decive doesn't work well. I may build an enclosure myself and report back to Ryan.
  • Baron23
    Could be a nice cheap induction heating solution for anyone with a mod box.Other Side

I don't think this is induction....looks like just a resistive heater to me, no?
  • Other Side
    Well yeah I suppose you are right.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube