• EconMan
    Been a week now, and being that I've recently been vaping "terp sauce with THCa crystals" (aka sugar), and I must say, it is another order of magnitude of intensity. I honestly don't remember the last time I was truly "hammered" from cannabis. I actually, refuse additional hits :scream:
    Brand name was PINK KUSH and this company has a fascinating economics history (their holding company owns Leafly) as well.

Regardless, this stuff is different. It is STRONG. I being who I am, of course had to do a large dab, because I was still on a lifelong quest for the perfect hit.... as I started to dab, I got scared... "will this dab ever end...the oil just keeps filling the banger....it never ends it seems...? I got HOT.... really hot.... I bet it took me ten rounds of puffing just to finish the bowl, and after it was all done, the banger and remaining oil was still crystal clear.... (unlike rosin dabbing). The high was the only time ever I felt truly blown away -- unable to work, should the phone ring -- so I laid on the floor for a few minutes as friends called me lightweight, pussy, etc., so went and beat my drums for a half hour, then returned for yet another albeit smaller hit. It was plenty. :)

So I'm all about concentrates now, but also with a newfound respect for my limits. I do have them apparently -- who knew? -- and now that I've found them I'm happier now in my humility :nerd:

@Dr green thumb was most correct on that live chat... when he shouted out how high he was.... I get that exclamation now. He really was, really fucking high.... I get it now.
  • Gman
    There's a lot of fat and extra lipids in rosin compared to BHO/PHO and why it also chazes your banger.
    Also, if you've only had flower rosin, that's not the same as say, bubble or dry sift rosin, which will be much more potent and concentrated. As well as a lot cleaner. If you were to do a super hot hit of a really large glob of this type of rosin, you will be gobsmacked like that large hit of sugar you did.
  • Gman
    Oh, also if say you have 2 cultivars, both around 24% THC. You press both and one gives you 6 grams, the other only 4. In theory they will both have given you the same amount of THC, but one just had more other crap in it. So often the low yield wax will be degrees more potent than big juicers. However the big juicers have more taste and last longer overall.
  • EconMan

Yeah, I've only recently begun to become "learned" in the subject, and I'm still very much a novice. Have not ever actually dabbed a hit of bonafide shatter.... although the experts (like economists) differ somewhat.

Some argue all good concentrates begin with shatter -- that everything else like budder and crumble is just a failed batch of overly-agitated shatter that came out wrong. I'm still learning the differences and the differences they make. So I appreciate all the knowledge transfer on this subject. I could see myself getting into this even as a hobby.

Yes, I've only dabbed my own pressed Rosin and now this Pink Kush brand "Sugar". Have a client in CO who specializes in "Live Concentrates" (flower was never cured and theoretically more fresh and robust?) and he says that is the ultimate and in line with what you just said. He starts out with a bubble hash of the flower that's pretty concentrated (and apparently smokable all by itself), then he presses the hash into a Rosin that is darn near clear.

Going there next month and the expense account will have some fun. :)
    Any accountants here? Can I deduct "business expenses" that are legal Statewide (and clearly related to my services to the client) but not Federally legal? In other words, I know I can deduct a night of drinking, but can I a night of vaping state-egal flower? hmmmm... I bet even my CPA doesn't know this answer without some research?
  • Baron23
    It has become my opinion that high yielding squishes are in large part based on more waxy/fatty plant material (thicker cuticle, if you will).

I see people all over the place claiming that they are squishing 27-30% yields and I have become convinced that this is due to more fat/wax being extracted as there just ain't that much THC in there or is there is, I doubt seriously that we are getting 100% extraction of the available THC (also, I wonder about what type of scale is being used, etc). That's just not reasonable to me.

I have gotten yields up a good bit but will probably being going back in the other direction...that is, lower temp, less pressure, and maybe less time and go for quality over quantity.

We do have very good live resin available in our dispensaries here. VERY clean and nice stuff in a variety of consistencies including diamonds/sauce type. But its still a bit too expensive (but coming down quickly) and I like to squish.

TBH, I still like flower the best....that is, I like the effects but don't like more vapor inhalations needed....but this is a real first world problem, right? haha
  • Dazza78
    I agree with @Baron23 on low temp less is more ;) and I also too enjoy “the squish” I find it very satisfying, but I did get some skunk n panda live resin that was good, I still prefer my fresh pressed flower Rosin z2uteajlwd3zhtgv.jpeg
    z2uteajlwd3zhtgv.jpeg
  • Gman
    when you guys try bubble hash rosin from live wash, you will see some awesome effects and flavour. And you can make BHO crumple out by agitating it before a cold purge. You can wax it out by leaving int he waxes. Lots of tricks you can do. None of it "degrades" it but adding air and space makes it tougher to keep fresh.
  • Baron23
    when you guys try bubble hash rosin from live wash,Gman

That just ain't going to happen here unless they change and allow home grow or prices come down significantly. Maybe someday MD will be like it is in WA and CA...weed for cheap.

Cheers
  • Gman
    Or visit Canada :)
  • Dr green thumb
    the thca I used is medical and tested at 99.98%. I bought some more two days ago and can't wait to dab it. I'm going to try it with some resin that I have that is 83%thc. I may be lifted for some time.
  • EconMan

Have you consumed yet? :)
  • Dr green thumb
    yes, I pre loaded my quartz with a good bb size amount of each then two drops of some sour diesel terpenes. I then heated the quartz until it just started to melt then inhaled applied my carb cap and embarked on a very long journey.

The effects were very stable yet intense. I have about an hours worth of unaccounted time with the rest being very amazing.all my senses were heightened and what I could hear, feel and smell were amazing. It was a good 12 hours until I was back to normal (if that's possible :lol: ) this was so much different than your usual dab.
  • EconMan
    It has become my opinion that high yielding squishes are in large part based on more waxy/fatty plant material (thicker cuticle, if you will).

I see people all over the place claiming that they are squishing 27-30% yields and I have become convinced that this is due to more fat/wax being extracted as there just ain't that much THC in there or is there is, I doubt seriously that we are getting 100% extraction of the available THC (also, I wonder about what type of scale is being used, etc). That's just not reasonable to me.
    Baron23

I know! I'll go out on a limb and just say the theoretical squish limit of flower is 30% -- anything more even with the best bud is unwanted substances. This is why with micron bags, the squish is is so much more pure, and the yield lower. In this sense, the lower yield is a desirable metric. Yield should NOT be the unit of analysis.
  • juxt

I never would have though you'd put a number on it.
  • Baron23
    I guess what I'm saying is even that 30% number is, IME, a result of more wax/lipids than other strains as you will have a hell of a time finding anything with over 30% THC while at the same time we can only reasonably be extracting a fraction of the THC that's there. So what's the rest...wax/lipids, I think.
  • EconMan

I don't think so. ****IF*** the flower is perfect, the pressure and temperature precisely correct, the planets are in alignment, and not too many sunspots, one can get a 30% yield with minimal lipids.

Lately (like this week) I've been doing 4g batches using micron bags and it changes the output so much. First, there is a lot less output. With micron bags I'm averaging 20.2% and without I'm at 26.1 at this time. Second, the output that is experienced is of much higher quality... much less waxy plant matter, essentially zero chlorophyll, and usually noticeably lighter translucence. And most importantly, it tastes so much better.

My next project is making some bubble hash and then I'll press that. I hear it's wonderful?
  • juxt
    I hear it's wonderful?EconMan

Oh yes, blonde ambrosia in many cases but always the best you can get without solvent.

micron bagsEconMan

I only use bags, and usually do 3.5 - 4g at a time. I have found one cultivar that I have a line to that i get an output of 1.2 - 1.5g consistently (probably .8 - 1.0 on first press), others vary wildly and take what I can get.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment