• Will90
    Finally put together a basic induction heater based on the diagram in this post: HERE
    Features a master power switch, momentary trigger switch, power LED and currently AC power only.
    I'm going to make a battery pack for it once my 18650's come in.
    Pretty messy wiring but just wanted to see if I could get it up and running, I'll update the post once I clean it up.
    So far it's working perfectly and i'm loving it. :pray: :love:

lkkzTOQ.jpg
    gmAUdCQ.jpg
  • BestBuds
    Nice! Great job.
  • Dr green thumb
    A portable mod powered induction heater would be cool to have. Seen anything like that?
  • Will90
    I haven't seen a mod powered induction heater but I saw a post recently where someone made a custom coil that he was heating a Vapcap with. Not sure how well it worked though.
  • Dr green thumb
    I found something under stoner engineering on reddit. The mod induction heater is possible it just hasn't been made very pretty or strong. It says it takes 20-30 seconds to heat up at 35 watts and 1.2ohms. I'm not sure if its induction heat or a coil thats wrapped around the cap.

hqwi94296qv6fzoq.jpg
  • Will90
    I believe that's a coil. Cool nonetheless!
  • BobCat
    Did it look like this?

r44jr8jsi2qguery.png
  • Will90
    Yup! Didn't realize it was RBT
  • OttoJam
    la5bs9vb4zzr44ed.jpg
    because I'm a nerd.. a weednerd
  • EconMan

That looks really cool! :cool:
  • Bruce
    That looks really cool. I love my Dynavaps (great vapes), I am gonna get the one in Bud shows (induction unit).
  • juxt

great job man, don't burn your finger ;)
  • twhc291
    awesome looking unit.

What is the performance of the VapCap like with it?
  • OttoJam
    I'm using it for three days and actually I prefer it to the torch lighter bacause it is easier to use, heating is more consistent and taste is a little bit cleaner (my opinion).
    From now on it will be essential on my desk :up:
  • twhc291
    that's awesome!

Where did you find the induction heater coil?

Also is it a battery powered unit or is it hardwired?
  • OttoJam
    Thanks it is :grin:
    You can find induction heater coil with module/circuit on amazon or banggood cheaply.
    My unit project is battery powered, is an old rc toys battery, pretty powerful, works like a charm :up:
    1.8A x 20C = 36A max discharge (module needs max 6 or 7 Ampere)
  • gamewise
    im either blind or something cuz im having a hard time finding the induction heater bud was using in "the state of vape" video. help?!
  • gamewise

thank you so much. i appreciate you for finding that for me.
  • BobCat
    No problemo. Welcome to the forum. Fluxer and Mag heaters are two other main options. Dynavap is moving slowly on their IH heater, but that's the one I'm waiting on.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Lucid?
  • upside
    I don't recommend Mag heater/ElektronikSchmiede. I purchased one of his earlier models of IH last year and the build quality and performance were terrible. The heating coil was fixed in place with hot glue and there was black paint on the inside of the heating port that would rub off onto the vapcap when in use. I'd rather use butane then suck down burning plastic fumes.
  • Baron23
    Both Bud/Hazel and I also have the Lucid. I have the Mini. Price has gone up, but its a very well built box and I do love it.

https://lucidcustoms.com/

7ih98kd4049o4cdy.jpg
  • upside
    +1 for Lucid Customs. He's very talented and constantly creating new designs.
  • RollingStoned
    i will have to disagree with Lucid. He used to sell the wood induction heater for $75, then it was $135, now he discontinued them? Also the plastic induction heater (the green one) was $165 and now its $200?? What a fucking rip off dude!! And i forgot to mention, its cheap plastic, only gets 3-5 bowls per charge, my Portside gets 10 bowls per charge and i thought it was low. Also if you ever need thr batteries replaced (which you will), you have to ship the unit back to him and he changes them (another shipping charge). Extremely overpriced, it really infuriates me. Pipes has been building induction heaters since 2016. Hes the pioneer, the creator. Everyone copied HIS idea, and he is nice enough to help EVERYONE. BTW, his pricr has never changed, and doubt it will.
  • Baron23
    And i forgot to mention, its cheap plastic, only gets 3-5 bowls per chargeRollingStoned

Not my experience with it.
  • ssaucyc515
    I can see he raised his prices quite a bit from when I purchased mine. I would have thought it would get cheaper not more expensive. Interesting. I love mine though so no problems here
  • Baron23
    I too was surprised at the price increase...bit dramatic, I thought.

As for battery change out....that's why I went with wood top/bottom and screws holding it together. I can get into the unit to change batteries in the future if needed (well, eventually it will be needed).

I'm pretty happy with my wood/acrylic mini. Works great and its well built.
  • upside
    I haven't tried any of Pipes work. I don't know how either Pipes or Lucid Customs set their pricing. I'm getting much better battery life than that and am very happy with both the original wooden IH (/w amber LEDs, green missile switch, and pineapple cutout) and the acrylic mini IH (in smoke acrylic).
    PSM has worked flawlessly although I did have to replace the charging plug($7 on Amazon).
    14mm Fluxer ran great for months till “I” dropped it on an oak floor and broke the glass, completely my fault. Sent it back for repair and it’s getting all the new updates. Haven’t tried any other unit so I can’t comment.

Actually I did have one of those dental wax tool heaters corm China, sent it back and won’t comment on that one either, lol.
  • Mangu
    I got a PSM to hold me over because I was about to place my order for a fluxer when his issues started up. I can’t wait to get my hands one because although I love the PSM I hate when the battery dies on me in the middle of a bowl. Am considering a Caldron to keep me going at home.

I only use mine before and after work so it charges in between. I’m done with anything that plugs in if I can avoid it. I would need one plugged into every room including bathrooms :lol:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment