• Ctipp22
    Yeah bud tries a lot of the heavier units
  • LabPong
    Pete says it is the Best Desktop of 2018...not "the best vs everything prior to 2018"........right?

With that said...what other vapes would be compared to the Ditanium to make that assertion of it being the best DT of 2018?
  • BestBuds
    A best of list of all currently produced dry herb vapes. That is a video I would like to see.
  • Alexis
    this is what I meant. I didn't make it clear enough in my post, when I said the DigiTi and Vrod are probably nearest competitors to the Ditanium, I meant as 2018 desktop releases.

I dont think there have been any other notable desktops released (last) year in this category but I may be wrong?
  • Alexis
    The Glass Symphony, that is a grey area regarding official release.
    It still is in the upcoming and unreleased section on FC. But it is out there. I bought mine at tgevend of 2017, and I wasn't the first.
    But it definitely wasn't considered to be "released" at the time.

So when do we decide the GS was officially released? 2017, 18, 19?? (20?)
  • Cl4ud3
    I count that as 2017 because they are unchanged since then and were, and are still ,available via Jojo. I don't know why they are still classed as upcoming on FC, and no idea what delays there have been with the website.

Edit: to me the only desktop last year was the Ditanium, I don't class the VROD as a new vape and is the DigiTi even officially out yet ?

General question would be how many desktop reviews did Pete do last year, because he might not have even tried some of the niche ones.
  • Alexis
    sound logic Claude as ever, I agree on all points. Yes I think we can say GS was a 2017 release, except it missed all the baftas lol! :grin: Jojo could have a nice emblem sitting on mantlepiece otherwise.
    What was the best desktop of 2017?
    Some would like to say the GS Im sure, it has some real passionate fans.
    The Herbo Ti analogue and FP OG, WA, and SH were other nirable releases in 2017.

Yes the DigiTi is officially released inside 2017, so that does qualify. I dont remember Pete doing many desktop reviews though.
  • beezee420
    herborizer is the best flavor. Better than flowerpot
  • Alexis
    its a strong contender for best 2018 desktop, but obviously depending how we look at things. For flower only- smoothness, taste, AND potency weight for weight, I think the DigiTi may just pip the Flowerpot.

But there are numerous other variables and factors which come into play, so ultimately the whole concept of awarding one specific vaporizer top spot is a little flawed in some situations.
  • Alexis
    Yes the DigiTi is officially released inside 2017, so that does qualify. I dont remember Pete doing many desktop reviews though.Alexis
    Whoops, just spotted this. Inside 2018 is what I meant, clumsy muppet again me!
  • Ctipp22
    Anyone get in on this piece yet??
  • juxt

It's a good vape. I don't like doing double deckers on it the way you can with a FP or SUB, it just seems clunky.

The herb want is horizontal, which I think Bud doesn't like. It's wanded and whipped and a lot of people don't like that, but it's fine to leave just sitting there, and its the only one I feel protected from, and haven't burned anything on.

It also works pretty good. Dabs are clean tasting, but the cup can be hard to clean if you don't keep it swabbed well. The rest of it stays pretty clean.

It doesn't have the Ti personality of the Vrod, but it's a good vape for the price for sure. My main complaint is the lack of exact temp control.
  • Ctipp22
    Hows the plain herb extraction and taste? Clouds?
  • juxt

I just hit it again to check. It does well enough, and is safe enough, to sit on the edge of my desk. It extracts great i'm at about 1 o'clock on the dial though so maybe high. Tastes great, but if you've ever used a whip you'll know what I mean in that it gets that whip tinge to it. Hits hard though, nice throat hit higher on the dial.

At my normal setting it's not CLOUDS it's more clouds, I don't expect it to extract in one draw like with some, but maybe I should since the other complaint is the whip is too short and I keep pulling the wand off the heater.
  • medicalmark
    I have one as well and enjoyed the dab piece I find it takes a lot to get vapor using flower I have to milk it quite a bit to get it going
  • Tdog420
    Has anyone been using this?? Thoughts??? All other reviewer's seem to like it a lot and say it hits hard w both materials.
  • ssaucyc515
    would like a regular users input as well. I don't like the way you out herb side ways...
  • Tdog420
    the only thing i think may bother me is the whip and not being able to keep it clean. However a replacement whip is only like $8 dollars which isnt bad.
  • Bad Dog
    Seems to be a good bit of nitpicking but not a lot reviews on this one so far. I'm interested in the ditanium it's on my list of desktops I'm thinking about getting. Was wondering what the maintenance was like, does the gum up fast with concentrate use?
  • Tdog420
    i have seen this option not a fan. Looks goofy and a weird angle to hit it from. Also looks easy to break....... Some1 neeeds to come up with a 3rd party adapter of some sorts that is better then this!! Appreciate the thought though.
  • beyond6strings
    I got a bamboo Ditanium this week and I love it. I compare it favorably flavor-wise to the Elev8r. I can get 12-15 draws off of .25g, and I typically go through a water piece. I stir after every 2-3 hits.

I've done stacked dabs but it's a bit problematic with the glass handpiece-I typically have to run the dial up to about 1:30 for flower but only noon for concentrates. I'm going to get the Ti handpiece when the next batch of $ arrives. It should allow me to do do stacked dabs at noon on the dial.

I don't have an enail, my DaBox doesn't suck but...so I love the enail function on this. I also really love how on-demand it is. I turn it on in the morning and turn it off at night since I have 3 cats. But it's so cool to be able to get on-demand, convection vapor at the drop of a hat with either flower or concentrates.

This is my first desktop and I can't believe I went this long without one.
  • MothChewMoth
    Just got a chance to use this today and I'm a believer. One will be in my future at some point...
  • iamdiosa
    So I've been using this almost daily since March. Here are my thoughts...
    It hits hard. I can get almost .5g in there if I need it. It does take some adjustments to draw speed. I found for me, I tend to start a bit fast then slow down. I love being able to dab in it. I've never had a problem with the side loads, but whips in general don't bother me (smoked hookahs before).

I have the whipless glass and it's really good. The bowl is smaller (.25g or so) so good for those lighter sessions. It gets a fair amount of love. I don't have too many issues keeping the whip clean. I boil the tubing once a week or so and it gets the stuff out of it. I've not had to get a new tube yet. Medical grade tubing can be found pretty easily online and you can get longer tubes if needed.

I also have the Ti baskets and glass tubing for it. It's decent enough, but I think I prefer the whipless glass better. I did buy the concentrate adapter glass from Sneaky Pete as well as a bubbler and it is a really nice hit from the Ti mouthpiece.

I have no real problems with maintenance. Clean the glass once a week, boil the tubing and hose off the Ti and quartz bits in ISO. I swap the screen when needed, but I've only changed it twice. Hope this helps!
  • PuffItUp
    Maintenance is pretty easy. The quarts and titanium do get a bit of reclaim, which you can burn off at the max temp for 20-30 mins and boom its clean again. I prefer just to do the regular iso cleanings once a week though :)
  • Bad Dog
    What's it like for versatility when it comes to concentrates? Aside from hash what other concentrates can't you do? I know it can do shatter but can it do live resin, rosin, hash rosin, sauce, diamonds, sugar wax, distillate ext.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet