• Hilda Tree
    Yo peeps. I use my Mighty only for high grade medical quality oil - with the oil pad of course - but after a year of use the resin seems to have slowly sunk through the screen at the bottom of the heating chamber and is blocking whatever lies below so it doesn’t draw any longer. I’ve cleaned all the upper parts and tried cleaning below that lower screen by poking a safety pin into the small holes below the screen but to no available. When I poke through the holes it does create a little space temporarily but it just feels like I’m pushing into a hard mound of resin below and if the vape is still warm I get little blobs of resin that bubble to the surface. Any suggestions? Please help!
  • juxt

Best bet may be warranty service if they'll do it, but if you suspend it upside down and use a hair dryer to blow hot air in you might be able to drip it out like it dripped in.

Good luck!
  • Wallace
    Turn it upside down at full temp and drain the battery doing so and lets see if it drops bat out.
    I would not use the hair drier because if you over heat the battery they may be damaged.
  • Ctipp22
    Yeah I would never use concentrate in my mighty but I would collect the warrantied unit and buy a SAI for oils..
  • Hilda Tree
    Hey Ctipp, thanks for the reply. I thought Mighty was also designed for the use of resins and that’s why it has the oil pad? What’s the thing with the SAI that makes it more appropriate? I’m a new vape head and mostly do it for the medical benefits - although I can’t say I mind the side effects :) - so I’m not so saavy about the technicalities.
  • Hilda Tree
    Hey I just saw your messages. Thanks Juxt and Wallace for your replies. I’ll give it a try. Have to check if my warranty is still in effect as I bought it just about a year ago exactly now.
  • juxt

Any vapor designed to do both flower and concentrate can suffer in one of the other uses of both especially the portables. Nothing wrong with the mighty but it is more of a close vape for the reasons you're seeing I think.

The SAI was designed to be a concentrate only vape and i also highly recommend the top air flow version with cup atomizers, but YMMV.
  • Baron23
    I thought Mighty was also designed for the use of resins and that’s why it has the oil pad?Hilda Tree

I'm rather with , customers seem to demand that every device be the swiss army knives of vapes and that their expensive flower vapes boil off what is essentially a volatile substance (in other words, its rather tech easy to boil off 'trates). So, in response they all seem to throw in a liquid pad.

The only thing I use the liquid pad for in my Mighty is to top a load of flower for a bit of added conduction. I don't use the LP's in any of my vapes including the MV1 and prefer to use dedicated 'trates devices for dabs (mostly enail bangers).

The problem is one that you have sadly found....'trates will goo up a good portable flower vape in nothing flat. I do not believe you will be able to clean out the air path even if you pulled the lower screen out...I don't think its a straight path to open air such that you could ream it out with a thick wire or the like.

Back to S&B may be your only alternative.
  • Hilda Tree
    Thanks, Juxt, I got it and will look into getting a SAI. I live in India so it’s not that easy to source many things (a friend brought my Mighty over from NYC) but I shall try.

Baron, thanks for your reply also although I don’t know what you mean by ‘trates. I’m getting great quality organic medical oil so there shouldn’t be any nitrates if that’s what you mean. I started at first with some commercial crap until I got wise.

I don’t exoect the vape to be absolutely perfect but when you spend some 350 dollars for a S&B - yes you do expect it to have Swiss Army knife like abilities

Thanks everyone. Onward and upwards :)
  • Baron23
    ‘tratesHilda Tree
    = concentrates.

when you spend some 350 dollars for a S&B - yes you do expect it to have Swiss Army knife like abilitiesHilda Tree

And there lies the origin of more that one goo'd up completely Mighty.

Cheers
  • Hilda Tree
    Haha maybe you're right Baron, having expectations is overrated.

In any case I did turn up the heat up all the way (to 210 degrees) and keep it upside down and sure enough the oil has started to drip out. I got one big hard blob that was certainly causing trouble in there so good to see it come out. I'm charging up again and will do again tonight and hope by then it will be good to go.

Thanks everyone.
  • Bruce
    That is one bad boy vape. I would set aside a glass or ceramic bowl with rubbing alcohol (91%)and take apart the cooling path. I take off the O - rings. (careful not to lose them) I soak the rings in warm soapy water. You most probably will need to replace The Mesh Screen. I think the standard mesh screen can be bought in tobacco stores. If not put the mesh screen in the bowl with Rubbing Alcahol.

I would give it a good hour since you were using resins. take out part by part from the bowls rinse it and towel dry. The O rings come out great.

Brand New Every-time. If thats a drag-for you there are other vapes that are easy to clean to brand new. I am sure everyone who owns a Mighty will tell you its well worth the effort.

Peace, Love & Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Baron23
    I’m pretty sure she’s talking about the air path beneath the bowl rather than CU.
  • Hilda Tree
    Thanks guys.
    Yes I cleaned the cooling unit already which made me realize that that wasn't the problem but rather something deeper. But dripping the unwanted build-up out by turning the vape upside down and cranking up to 210 seems to be working so I'll stick with that for now. It's just a shame to be losing so much to wastage! So my newest strategy is to load just a little concentrate at a time and vape it all up before it gets a chance to slip below. Thanks for all of your inputs
  • moondog
    For HILDA TREE:
    My Crafty acted in a similar way. Desperate , I heated the unit with the "on" button; when hottish (but not maximen heat) I used a plastic spray bottle, loaded with ethanol, and turned the unit with the loading end face-down, placed a thick napkin beneath and sprayed a mist of iso into the loading hole while upside down. Well, oily drops fell all over the soaked napkin; repeated and repeated. Happy Boy (Moondog) now, with Crafty working smoothly. (Probably the Mighty will function in a similar way. Namaste......
  • Ram1
    Can the mighty be used for hash ?
  • Señor Negro
    It can, but be sure it's not too "creamy" when it gets hot, or it will leave serious dirtness/residue when you unload it and it will be a real mess to clean that :scream:
  • Ram1
    Hey thanks can I sprinkle a bit with the regular herb will it help?
  • Señor Negro
    Yeah it will help indeed.:up:
  • Ram1
    thanks !

One more question is it worth getting the omni xl ?
    is the quality of vapour and taste that much better than the m? I have not tried either of them
    Thinking of using buds promo code
  • Gryfin
    the difference is pretty minor, performance wise the TI tip on the omni has a different heating time, the longer condensor allows a bit more cooling but nothing significant.

It looks killer though and you can adjust your carb.
  • Ram1
    ok sounds like the m is good enough for starters..thank you !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment