• Señor Negro
    I was going to order what I posted before today but I'm having so many second thoughts ... :chin:
    Maybe I could even end purchasing a proper power supply even if I have to spend a bit more.
    But as I want to be completely sure I think I will wait until black friday so I can save some € :sweat: .

If you are patient enough to wait for that and nobody else does, I have no prob with sharing my experience and a how-to tuto.
    EDIT: But even so, if I end ordering stuff from China it could take way longer I'm afraid :fear: .
  • Bud
    Who wants to be a hero and write/record a short tutorial on how to get a WallG going properly? :pray:Will90

I will be posting this ASAP!

Currently testing power supplies to see what works best :ok:
  • Bud
    I bought this adapter and got it yesterday:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QVXYBDC/

Wired it up and it works :ok:

However, @Hippie is on point, it's hard to dial in the voltage in small increments with this one since it's variable 3V-24V.

The 1.5A output seems to work fine, the adapter just gets a little warm maybe cus the outputs a little low?

I'm getting good results setting this adapter to ~4.1V, but it's a little bit of a pain to get it on that number, and you gotta mess with the dial every time you turn it on.

Not a huge deal. still a good option for $22 I think, but I'm gonna try a couple more adapters also to try and get finer voltage adjustment. Probably gonna need a 3V-12V supply for that.

Also gonna pick up some alligator clips so I can test these adapters with the SledG too.

Pics of process below, I will go more into detail very soon:

5t9r1fuuef6u9yxi.png
    jvyv5grigltvvdpl.png
    tdalseq5bixsf5n2.png
    6apmaqqahciklsuy.png
    1ak3okm6njrlduht.png
    cqnoom85itjtz3hy.png
    xbbs1vi810qjkhip.png
    4ab4d9fxf0pj4zj5.png
  • Bud
    Ordered this adapter last night and getting tomorrow to test out:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TPL1WHJ/

This one doesn't have the digital voltage readout which is a bummer, but it's 3V-12V and 3A, and it's even cheaper.

lmm5725k6zyusj7j.jpg
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Oooh, sexy lady's still got it!
    Attachment
    4ab4d9fxf0pj4zj5.webp (10K)
  • Señor Negro
    The 1.5A output seems to work fine, the adapter just gets a little warm maybe cus the outputs a little low?

I'm getting good results setting this adapter to ~4.1V, but it's a little bit of a pain to get it on that number, and you gotta mess with the dial every time you turn it on.
    Bud

Well that's weird because, in theory, that would only make 6.15watts, which makes me think something is really wrong with that power supply precision.
    That's why I asked you if you had a multimeter :sweat: .

That also makes me think it's not a good idea to purchase an extra cheapo power supply and a way better option would be the "fat-ass" power supplies even if those are more expensive. Because at the end going from ~20 to ~50 € is not that bad I supose :sweat: .
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    sso0i8pocui0rzpl.jpg
    Loving the 4 foot wire.
  • Señor Negro
    That's a lot of "fat-ass" Vapelife logos :gasp: ajajajajaja!

~12Watts seems more correct.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    lol. Thats the big one. I have the 1.5 amp one bud mentioned too. Which as I've said isnt as good. But that big one was like 70 bux. It has enough juice to power 3 G's if you're feeling spicy.
  • Señor Negro
    Triple deckers? :scream:
    Intriguingly scary :chin: :scream: .
  • LabPong
    Loving the 4 foot wire.SouthboundPachyderm

4 ft. wires....nice! mine are only 3 ft...... :confused:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS9qS0yeJbMPFQxsxLqqhq0HU6aj1OKDS0iyg&usqp=CAU
    The schlong is long with this one!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    lol. What can i say? Loving the Spaceballs theme ya got going here though.

its capable of 3 in theory, but I'm scared. Lol. I've only actually used 2.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment