• Terpenetime
    @CrazyCory564 tell me about it... i’m number 338 if I remember correctly so we’re both in the same boat!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    thats awesome. Having a 3d printer must come in handy
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I have been chatting with timberhead designs regarding the G43 stand I posted earlier. He is currently working on another batch, and he said he thinks he can get the price down to $60. IMO Thats a pretty solid deal, but I thought $80 was reasonable too for a handcrafted piece that would be so useful.
  • UbarDog

1 soild peace of wood ?
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    i just asked. He said unfortunately he isnt currently set up for doing it as 1 piece and being 3 inches thick that it would also increase the cost to produce.
  • UbarDog

I thought as much and its fair. Thanks for asking dude :D
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    no problem he did also mention that people are free to hit him up on IG
  • McNuggetsTrip
    Throw me on the sled list and portable please :eyes:
  • Mangu
    I would prefer a sled version, but when my turn came up do you think I’m gonna sit around and wait longer for the sled version if I can get whatever is available now?....no, the answer is no. So not sure what you’re suggesting here, but I can’t imagine a workaround Other than whatever Bud and Hazel have resorted to. Also just imagine they need a break to figure out a more logical way to assemble each unit; I’m sure it’s taking a noticeable toll on their personal lives. Hang tight, hopefully this wait period brings some more good news.
  • Dr green thumb
    h8owgwvuzrkxvyo3.jpg

G43 still going strong through so much use.
  • LabPong
    Dr.....how many batteries do you use in a day with the G?
  • Dr green thumb
    I have eight batteries that I can swap in and out . If I just use the g43 by itself all day I will use all of them plus some a second time. I have multiple chargers so charged batteries are always available.
  • TERRY1973
    I usually don't go over two rounds with one battery
  • Nicholas May
    Has anybody tried doing a deep clean on the G43 yet ? If so do you have any advice about doing this ? ? ?.
    I'm having major problems doing this I've watched the video which makes it look easy but I still cannot dislodge the screens without pushing very hard too hard if you ask me.
  • Nicholas May
    I Just don't want to break my G43 by trying to clean it.
  • Nicholas May
    how hard should I have to push to get the heater screens out of my G43 ? ? ? .
  • TERRY1973
    I suppese everyone is a little different. The first i had was very easy to push out. This one i never tried yet(scared...dont want to brake it...but i didn't brake it cleaning it...just dropping it after having cleaned it just like in the video...it was brend new after the cleaning and totally broken after handling it in the after cleaning...now im super paranoid in the handling and i didn't dare yet....) but it seams much harder than the other...if you push it should work but maybe build up did stuck a little between screens and glass...jus saying...
  • Nicholas May
    Has anybody else tried to push out the screens on their G43 for a deep clean but found it to hard to do without risking damaging the heater ? ? ?
  • Mangu
    mine feels like it’s put together really well so I’m hesitant to ever do that at all. Why are you cleaning it? Do you feel like performance is being affected? The only time I can imagine the G collecting any kind of reclaim is when it’s being held upside-down to load the chamber...but even during this short moment I can’t imagine that so much reclaim or debris is going straight down through the screen....can anyone chime in on why exactly they had to deep-clean their G? Granted I haven’t used mine daily, but I just can’t picture it getting all that dirty at the screens...
  • Dr green thumb
    you do not have to push out or remove anything to clean the g43. Just soak in iso to the bottom of the wires.
  • TERRY1973
    Right on...soak it! I did it once and cleans the screens and the chamber without having to disassamble the G
  • Nicholas May
    Have u seen the Deep Cleaning vid on YouTube with the G43 with all the shit inside it that's what mine is looking like at the moment and I would like no I NEED to deep clean it.
    But also I want to put a few layers the glass beads on the top of the heater to help the hot airflow take lots of different paths through the materials in the chamber so I don't have to keep stirring it well that's the theory anyway.
  • Dr green thumb

When you soak it all that stuff breaks down and dissolves. You can soak a few times if needed. Taking the g43 apart is not easy and something I havent had to do.
  • Nicholas May
    Yeah iso will do all that cleaning but I want to put a few layers of glass beads on top of the heater.
    At the moment the glass beads are at the same level as the end of the glass heater rod with screens holding it all in.
    I want to put a few more rows of glass beads on top of that glass heater rod and beads then put the screens on for more heat deflection so hopefully I won't have to be stirring it every 2 hits from it.
  • BobCat
    $65 (plus shipping) Tailored to your mod. That's beyond a deal. It's larceny!!!
    ipdn9vhro0rmgxvw.png
  • LabPong
    At the moment the glass beads are at the same level as the end of the glass heater rod with screens holding it all in.
    I want to put a few more rows of glass beads on top of that glass heater rod and beads then put the screens on for more heat deflection so hopefully I won't have to be stirring it every 2 hits from it.
    Nicholas May

You will make so much more draw resistance like that. You may not even see any benefit as I think the air flow will not change with what you add above the glass screen at the top of the heater stack.
  • Nicholas May
    I didn't mean put more glass beads in or on the top of it near where that glass screen is. I meant put more glass beads in the other end just before the hot air path / chamber.
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    I didn't mean put more glass beads in or on the top of it near where that glass screen is. I meant put more glass beads in the other end just before the hot air path / chamber.
    Nicholas May

Do you mean on top of the herb....with another screen to hold them in?

Or do you mean above the pinch?
  • Nicholas May
    Yeah above the herb but under the screens that's in it already basically a few more layers of beads than normal so they cover the end of the glass rod.
    But I could try it like you said just put the glass beads in and a screen on top of them to hold them in.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment