• LabPong
    The Wall G, or the Power G........ it's a thang!

Power-G43a.jpg

This one was a mod G43, connection saved and used to preserve stock use.

:strong:
  • Magicman
    @LabPong
    This is witchcraft.
  • Pakalolo2
    @Magicman
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    It truly is!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    The WallG is a beast! It has contributed to many a lazy afternoon
  • Will90
    I had no idea y'all were hittin Wall G's.. I need to step my game up!! :gasp:
  • Bud
    I had no idea y'all were hittin Wall G'sWill90

Me neither! Good shit boys I'm diggin it :cool:
  • Señor Negro
    I also thought about it, but I did the wrong choice with the sled version, it would be way easier for me to try with a mod G so I could change connections smoothly.
  • LabPong
    Senor, you can actually connect more easily with the sled G. You just connect the supplied alligator clips to the sled's contacts.

The way I did it.....you have to solder and take apart one end of the stock connectors....then also take the wire off the rda connection at the mod end. So it takes some work and you might break the plastic connector section.....but it is doable if you have simple tools.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Yeah when we first modded the wall g we were strictly using alligator clips right onto the sled.... that lasted a day b4 i just made my g have a 4 foot cord with proper plugs.
    Its a super easy hack no matter how you do it.
  • Señor Negro
    Hmm ... interesting, that show me I did not think about it enough :sweat: .

Thanks for the info guys :up: .
  • Mangu
    Someone please teach me the way! How can I take my mod-g and turn it into one of these spectacular wall-G’s ???
  • BestBuds
    I bought one of these. I am sure something similar will work. Bud mentions it in the recent live stream and says more about what specs would work but it's just a dc power supply. Basically it comes with wires and alligator clips at the end and you can just clip them on each end of the sled. I was told to turn the amps all the way up on both sides. Then put the volts all the way down on the fine side and set the course adjustment to about 3.8. if you want to go hotter the fine adjustment on the volts side will bring you up to 4.0 volts.
    When I turn it on cold (at the 4.0 volt setting), the amps are around 3.16. I let it heat soak till the amps drop to about 2.9x. that's usually up to temp. When I go this hot, I use a Elev8r bowl and don't pack the G. But using that as a point of reference you should then be able to use the fine adjustment to go hotter or cooler. If it's still not hot/cold enough bump the course volt adjustment up or down. @LabPong is running it much cooler than I do, but if you look at his dials, they match what I tried to describe above. Mostly because I think he was the one who told me how to do it. Hahahaha

Then if you want to get real fancy you can make a handle and a new long cord and shrink wrap it all to look nice. I did that during lockdown. I'll take some pics if anyone is interested.
  • Mangu
    thanks dude! I’m totally not electrical savvy and based on your info I’m gonna have to do a little more research before I don’t risk lighting my place on fire :lol: but thanks nonetheless for the inspiration. This is clearly the next step for my g and makes it the underdog in my drawer with potential to replace the vrod for a while.....I’m hoping someone’s got a foolproof way to just plug the standard g45 clip (that plugs into the mod) right into one of these power supplies so that we don’t have to modify any of those clips
  • Hippie
    The connector on the G43 is a jst sm 2 pin (2.5mm) - so if you buy some of those, and a pack of different sizes of shrink wrap, and some suitable wire you can make your own lead to go to the G (you don't NEED a crimp tool to crimp the connectors, pliers will do)

I've put them on all my DiYG and log projects, and made a lead for the Herborizer so I can power them all with the same step downs (DPS3005 and ZK-J5X) and 5A laptop power supplies I use for the G43
  • Chandler
    It's a joy to see This page back in action!
  • BestBuds
    I’m totally not electrical savvy and based on your info I’m gonna have to do a little more research before I don’t risk lighting my place on fire :lol:Mangu
    No way, dude! I got a extra dc connector, PM me and I'll send you one. It's a small phillips head screw to connect the wires to it. Then just toss some wire shrink wrap from the auto parts store on it and you're off. Shrink it down with a torch lighter at a distance.

I made mine bulky because I kept dropping it. But you can just have the connector in line and not attached to the handle to keep it more native.

q0lgney1d0pd676m.jpg
    qa6epzr2nlregryh.jpg
  • LabPong
    BestBuds..Good handle job for sure....easy to manipulate and safe...rock on dude!

When you set the dials up on the power supply...you have to make sure you are running in C.V mode...not C.C. Read the manual for adjustment settings there.
  • Chandler
    @LabPong@BestBuds would a 5v power supply like this work for a wall G? It allows for coarse and fine adjustments
    73yup3wq7tysnsbm.jpg
  • BestBuds
    DISCLAIMER: I know Jack shiznizzlebizzle about this subject other than the info I already posted on this thread.

That said...

I think it will. I don't go above 4v so I think a 5v should do the trick. If you don't want to be a risky fool like me you can wait till @LabPong weights in :lol: just to be sure.. I think somebody said on FC the smaller ones will work too so you should be good

Also, @Chandler, did you ever get a replacement slide for your G?
  • Chandler
    I think it will. I don't go above 4v so I think a 5v should do the trick.BestBuds
    I hope it can work! Unfortunately just listening to instructions and seeing pictures isn't enough guidance for me. @Bud I'm positive a lengthy instruction video on converting the G would be highly sought after, and make many feel much safer about doing the conversion!
    did you ever get a replacement slide for your G?BestBuds

No I didn't know where to look. I'm now waiting for @Budto make parts kits available then go from there. Maybe he could slide some button top 18650's into one a them kits??!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    how many amps is that power supply? You shouldn't need more than 5 volts but, amps matter too. The ones most are using are 5 amp power supplies.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    You can try it, im running one that only has 1.5 amps and it works. 5 amps would be prefered however.
  • Hippie
    2A is not enough

To do the math .....
    V = Volts
    I = Current
    R = Resistance
    P = Power

V=IR
    P=IV

So at 3.5v and knowing the resistance starts at around .85ohms when cold
    It will draw a current of 3.5/.85 = 4.1 amps
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    It will work. I have a 1.5 amp power supply that i have used successfully multiple times, and i kept it under 5 volts. That being said I also have a 5 amp and the 5 amp does work better.
  • LabPong
    My PS is set to 3.5-3.6v and 2.9- 3.1 amps to keep the wattage around 10.5.

If you have a 5v power supply...try it...it should work as long as the voltage is variable. I think some of the cheaper PS's that just have the voltage nob to adjust...work fine and I believe some are at 1.5a.

Just connect the 2 leads to either side of the G connections...doesn't matter which way. The bigger PS's offer full adjustment and allow for faster heating and precise adjustment to get it right where you want. But since we are now loading the G up with full power no matter how hard or long you draw.....it's like the G is now a diff vape really.

I still use my Sled G as well.....just to give you some idea of my use with many top powerful vapes.
  • BestBuds
    @Chandler , in another thread @Bud mentioned he has a G Graveyard. Perhaps there is a slide that is available?
  • Chandler
    Alright. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The DC connector won't twist off of this wired connection I Have, so I'm going to have to cut it I guess? Then Connect n crimp on the clips, connect each clip to the leads on the sled, screw the wired clips into powersupply, attach plug into the wall. Adjust watts n Bobs your uncle?

ilanyuruylovoxfz.jpg
  • LabPong
    Correct Chandler!

Will......I think Southie and a few others use this budget friendly type.

But the one you showed...will def work. There are many variants of these PS's on amazon as you can see. You do not need a 10a 30v one! I just like using it for other purposes from time to time and that is why I got the bigger one. That and it has a wattage read out....and mine's black. :point:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment