• LabPong
    Warren.....that flickering on the power read out is normal. But it will show you that a cell might be old or not pushing the amperage well when you see a huge variance in the numbers fluxing...like more than 1.00+. Or you can see this when the cell drops to low voltage as well on some cells.

But the only concerning thing is your ohm readout.....yours is quite high being 1.21ohm. But that could also be from it being on for a while and the vape is hot. Normal range for resting ohms on a cold vape/mod would be about 0.88 to 1.05.

You can check your connections to help if your ohms are on the high side....sometimes even just grabbing the connection when it is on and almost pulling it apart...but not enough to break the connection...and you will see some flux in the reading. You can also check the RDA connection terminals on the mod top the wires are held in by.
  • warren0728
    thanks ... i wiggled all the wires/connections and nothing changed or flickered ... here are the values cold, with a fully charged battery (the one that came with it) ... it definitely works but i thought the ohms were high too (i read in the thread somewhere about the 0.88-1.05 range) ... not sure if it is a big concern or not?
    mod-readings-cold.jpg
  • LabPong
    Warren.....you should be ok. I checked one of my RDA's like the one you are using. One of the posts was slightly loose. After tightening it up....I went from 1.16 to 1.09ohm on it. You might want to check those screw in posts.
  • warren0728
    so i checked the little hex screws and one was tight the other might have been a tiny bit loose ... after making sure they were snug i popped the battery back in and i'm getting the same reading. 1.21 ohm's ...

@Bud said it should be fine at 1.21ohm in a live stream i was on so i guess i'm good ... i just didn't want to mess anything up if i use it as is!
  • Will90
    Just got my Sled-G in the mail. Thank you Bud :pray: :fire:
    Two questions:
    Do I leave the clear plastic wrap on the protected batteries or take it off?
    Are the + and - labeled backward on the sled?.. The battery only stays in place (and starts heating up) if I put it in backward
  • Pud
    some of the sleds were marked incorrectly... ad ling as the ends are uncovered it all good.. Enjoy!
  • v0id
    Wouldnt the sled G work either way, since its a "dumb" circuit? No IC to blow up? :chin:
  • Pud
    mine only works with battery in one way not both
  • LabPong

Do not take off the clear shrink...it is protecting the metal strip from making contact to anything.

No worry on which direction the cell goes in the sled......only works one way as stated.
  • warren0728
    @LabPong @Bud here are my values when the g has warmed up for 5 minutes ... the ohms on the bottom values jumped to 1.598 (fluctuates from 1.596-1.60) ... not trying to beat a dead horse here ... i just want to make sure the values are in range and that i won't be damaging the mod or the g to keep using it.

i want to keep using it ... this thing hits hard!

thanks for the help!

mod-G-values-warm.jpg
  • LabPong
    Warren...might not even be a problem at all. If the mod runs without getting hot you should be fine. Also if you can get 4 ten minute sessions on it.....it is normal...yours just runs with higher resistance. Could be the RDA....wire connections or something hard to see.

But if it works fine now....your good. 11.1 is close to where the sled runs at...its not too high and pretty normal for your power setting anyway.
  • BestBuds
    I defer to you on this because you know way more about mods than I do. Can't he lock his ohms when it's cold? Would that be beneficial?
  • SirSixPence
    I think the battery only makes contact with the sled in one direction as a safety thing.
    There is no proper polarity for the G.
  • LabPong

No...there is no need for that as it is running wide open in power mode (but not sure it actually can lock it in.. running infinite fire mode). What ever the circuit is...it is using like this.
  • LabPong
    Warren....you can setup your home screen better to show you usable data metrics. Here is how I have mine setup normally.

JTepMini.jpg

For me the most important thing to see and use is the timer. The temp readout for the mod is nice too sometimes. On dual cell mods that is important as some get too hot....like some of the wismec's. Like my gen3 dual.
  • BestBuds
    On dual cell mods that is important as some get too hot....like some of the wismec's. Like my gen3 dualLabPong
    Same here. I use my gen3 as my splinter mod and the p80 for the G43.

On a side note, I can watch the last few live streams but what was the reason the injector G project was killed off? Anyone remember?
  • Señor Negro
    The broken sled because of the pressure that metal junction did when heated maybe? :chin:
  • BestBuds
    do you know the date of that stream by chance? :sweat:
  • Señor Negro
    Uhmm nope, sorry. Enough that I can barely remember that :rofl:
    Gonna ask Bud himself as he's streaming right now in his Stovinci YT account.
  • Field
    @BestBuds

I don't think that particular stream is up anymore. If I remember correctly it was a few weeks after he built the injector G and many of those streams are private now. The stream where he built the injector was on 12/15 (last post, bottom of page 88, livestream thread):
    https://youtu.be/rXgF7_2qFUg

I scrubbed through the livestreams after and didn't find the one with the broken injector, I seem to recall him showing it up close to the screen. I could have just missed it though.
  • warren0728
    that's cool ... is there somewhere online with a manual on how to change your homescreen? i saw mention of a "Mods & Firmware FAQ thread" at the beginning of this thread but can't seem to find it!
  • v0id
    First g bowl down and wowwwwww :love: :love: :love:

Hits amazing at 11w, seems to work perfectly. Thank you @Bud
  • LabPong

It's pretty easy to do:

double tap the power button when it is on so it blinks.
    the right - button will change the value of the line you are on
    the left + button will advance to the next line of info

When you get the timer on your screen....double tap the power button when it is on and then hit the left + button to advance down to the timer line.......then hold down the power button for about 3 seconds or so and it will reset the timer to 0 again.
  • Señor Negro
    Oh sorry man for not updating my answer sooner, totally forgot :sweat:
    I still have no idea about what was the stream but if I can remember correctly Bud said that the G was getting too hot even for holding it from the sled. I guess that was too powerful even for the allmighty super G!
  • v0id
    The coils on my G started to glow and 'burn' the glass screen at the top :(

sbn3hrpc84p3hjp8.jpg
    a15epngvonok28mj.jpg

The second photo shows a little window to three wraps of the coil, and these are the ones that started to glow and off-gas (?) Not exactly sure as I was in a panic to get to the window.

Can I get some help @Bud ? Should I clean it and send it to you?
  • warren0728
    Warren...might not even be a problem at all. If the mod runs without getting hot you should be fine. Also if you can get 4 ten minute sessions on it.....it is normal...yours just runs with higher resistance.

i can get 4 ten minute sessions out of it ... i'm not gonna mess with it ... the damn thing already hits harder than anything else i have!

i am gonna play with the homescreen setup!
  • Pud
    sounds like it is running great!... good deal! And like Bud said, these mods might not be super accurate from unit to unit, so don't sweat it
  • LabPong

So true......i noticed this with my first 3 mods.
  • froglefrog
    Im sure everbody received their G43's by now? lollll

Didn't Bud send quite a few out befo and around X-MAS?

Supwized no 1 responding here with reviews :chin:
  • CarelessDogg
    @Bud Hey bro, I've been away for a year for medical reasons (no covid), so I couldn't join in the livestreams. I was on the list of the 4th platoon for the sled G43. Am I still on the waiting list? Or is it too late? Mind giving me an update. Thanks :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment