• EconMan

Ok. duh. Now I get it :)
  • Baron23
    Additional battery capacity...say from a two vice one battery mod, will increase run time at a given wattage/voltage and have nothing to do with power to the heater element nor time to pre-heat. 12 Watts is 12 Watts. Just let's the session run longer, right?
  • Startedat52

As @Baron23 states. A single cell mod is all that’s necessary but a two or three cell mod will last 2-3 times longer before batteries need to be charged. Another advantage of a single cell mod is that it’s safer to charge the cell in the mod without needing a stand alone charger. I have the p80 from bud and feel no need for a 2-3 cell mod, just an extra cell or two.
    Anyone try a Samsung 35E 18650? Amps should be fine and might get an extra session with the larger capacity 35E compared to the 30q(great battery!) that comes with buds p80 mod. I have a few and might try.
    I have used two terms, cell and batteries. We all use the term battery incorrectly(myself included) technically one “battery” is a cell, two or more used together is a battery. No idea why I just stated this other then Sunday morning wake and bake syndrom :rofl:
  • LabPong
    I'm not sure what you mean there.......single battery mod as opposed to what else? Maybe you didnt meant it like I am thinking....such as I like my dual battery mod better than the single mod for the G43. — LabPong

Not sure how I came across with you. I'll attempt to clarify. The main point I was rambling about was the glass heater and how heat absorption is key. Or at least for me. A single batt at a sustained lower voltage can be effective. Given you stay in the curve. A curve that I had to stay within with my EQ. And stacking the heat in the glass.

Now I was weighing in the back of my mind any huge pros-cons of a dual battery over the single mod that you get direct from Bud and how worthwhile it might be to buy a duel mod.
    I'm sure that simply having 2x+ PWR on hand will increase things. Just with this type of heater it's not the same consideration as say a heater that would directly benefit from 2x batts. You could conceivably heat up the glass,remove and replace a batt in the mod and continue to reheat the oven.

In all fairness. There are some questions I'd have to weigh in before comparing single mod A to duel mod B as well. But I get ya. or do I?

Cut a hole in end with exacto knife....bada boom...bada bing! — LabPong

Yes! a cap end. To the junk drawer I go.
    Cuckfumbustion

Ok...i see what you meant now. My point is only that I could never get along with a single cell mod and the G43. I do have one setup with a single mod and my main unit used daily has a dual cell mod.

Correct that you will not get any more horsepower with a dual or tripple cell mod.......but you will get much longer run times and negate the frustration of putting batteries in and out several times a day as I would have to do.

That would be the main difference.

On the cap deal for the top of the G43....make sure it is silicone based like the Arizer caps...you do not want to use some cheap plastic that can off gas or melt slowly.

If you cant come up with a silicon cap or Arizer stem cap....stack some food grade silicone o-rings around the top for a protective layer.
  • LabPong
    In addition to the info about batteries/cells for mods.....I wrote this over on FC a few mins ago, I think it may also help many others as they get their new G43 and try to figure it out.

In reply to Cuckfumbustion comment about doing a 5-10 min warm ups to get good vapor.

The reason why you were doing such long heat ups.. 5-10 mins...is because you did not draw hard enough to get the full extraction going.

Like Stu said, a more brisk draw should get you thicker and faster vapor.

CF....you are correct about hearing the noise of the air rushing into the top of the slide when you draw a bit harder....that is the point you want to keep when drawing. If you start your draw normally....then ramp up your draw pressure in 3 seconds to the point of hearing the air rush in the top of the G43.....that is how you get the quickest full hit.

I normally just start at 4 mins heat-up...but I would say you should not need to go longer than 5 mins. When you get this technique down....you will begin to lower your wattage as you will find you do not need it so high as you originally had it at because of draw technique.

Also....super important......yes get good batteries. A new strong cell is what this vape needs. You can tell if your batteries are getting old or are too weak to keep up with the heater.....when you see the wattage setting blink back and forth when the unit is heating....you will notice the wattage jumps quickly back and forth from the set # to points below that. When you see a jump that is larger than .1, your cells are weakened.

So normally if you set the wattage at 11.0 and you see it jumping back and forth to 10.9 and 11.0, your batteries are in good enough health to power the heater consistently. When you see the wattage go from say 11.0 to 10.6, 10.7, 10.8......it is a indication that the battery/cell is weak and not enough power to push the mod/heater.
  • ssaucyc515
    @LabPong hey lab you use a dual battery mod for the g? Can you link me to where I can get yours? Is it easy to install the firm ware? Thanks bro :groan:
  • Cuckfumbustion
    On the cap deal for the top of the G43....make sure it is silicone based like the Arizer caps...you do not want to use some cheap plastic that can off gas or melt slowly.LabPong
    Always use tempsafe and foodsafe for you vape mods, kids. and yes respect the airpath.
    Checked my vape junk drawer. I have a few blue silicone screens gaskets meant for the Fury. Just slid one over the cord to where it joins the top of the heater. The indentation if the gasket can almost fit inside. Its mostly there to protect the cord and open elements from being yanked on and so I can lay it more on it's side resting on the gasket. . .

12 Watts is 12 Watts. Just let's the session run longer, right?Baron23
    That's my reasoning as well. I couldn't think of a distinct advantage a 2 cel mod would have and a few small negatives with having to reason with two cells in one mod. And there is no real horsepower advantage as we all were pointing out. LSS for me. my VAS was adverted for buying a duel mod. (for now anyway:roll: )

I have used two terms, cell and batteries. We all use the term battery incorrectly(myself included) technically one “battery” is a cell, two or more used together is a battery.Startedat52
    Got it. I'll try not to add to the confusion.

Also....super important......yes get good batteries. A new strong cell is what this vape needs. You can tell if your batteries are getting old or are too weak to keep up with the heater.....when you see the wattage setting blink back and forth when the unit is heating....you will notice the wattage jumps quickly back and forth from the set # to points below that. When you see a jump that is larger than .1, your cells are weakened.LabPong
    I'm starting to recognize that behavior more and respond to that. It does fluctuate more when it starts to become weak, Then it drops down to Weak battery mode and runs around 9w with the Weak indicator icon,
    LabPong hey lab you use a dual battery mod for the g? Can you link me to where I can get yours? Is it easy to install the firm ware? Thanks bro :groan:ssaucyc515
    There is one duel cel on the rec'd list that I was eyeballing. Wismec Reuleaux RX3 GEN3 Dual (dual 18650)
  • Startedat52

Lol, to be clear. I was not reprimanding you or anyone. Just babbling about useless information while high :starstruck:
  • Cuckfumbustion
    Lol, to be clear. I was not reprimanding you or anyone. Just babbling about useless information while high :starstruck:Startedat52
    Not at all. I want to be understood and seek clarity. . while being high :starstruck: Babble away I say. It's all good here in the hood.
  • LabPong
    LabPong hey lab you use a dual battery mod for the g? Can you link me to where I can get yours? Is it easy to install the firm ware? Thanks bro :groan:ssaucyc515

Sauce....I use a Joyetech evic VTC Dual. It is a discontinued mod from Joyetech, but you can still find them online if you search well. There are several places out of HK and Shenzhen that still sell them and take PayPal too.

If you find one...dont pay over $50 for one. I got mine for $38 months ago, they are getting harder to find now.

There is one duel cel on the rec'd list that I was eyeballing. Wismec Reuleaux RX3 GEN3 Dual (dual 18650)Cuckfumbustion

Check and make sure they still work....I think it could be the one that people had issues with overheating.
  • CrazyCory564
    this. i grabbed a VTC Dual recently for like 40 bucks, but finding it was a pain.

I have a ton of 510 mods, but I wanted something that could run evic software. Also have Wismec Reuleaux rxgen 3... stay away. i mean, it works, but this is meant to be heated for 4 minutes straight. even consecutive hits for a few seconds each makes the gen3 board start cooking. 120 degree temp reading easily very quickly. not for this.
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    this. i grabbed a VTC Dual recently for like 40 bucks, but finding it was a pain.

I have a ton of 510 mods, but I wanted something that could run evic software. Also have Wismec Reuleaux rxgen 3... stay away. i mean, it works, but this is meant to be heated for 4 minutes straight. even consecutive hits for a few seconds each makes the gen3 board start cooking. 120 degree temp reading easily very quickly. not for this.
    CrazyCory564

Good deal Cory....yea you have to work a bit searching with google to find one. Where did you get yours from? Maybe message Saucy to give him first dibs if still available there... :wink:

The Evic VTC Dual is a solid mod...nice construction and ability to use as a single if you want with a single battery half cover. Only thing I would like more....bigger screen like my single Evic Primo Mini. But the vtc dual is solid with button pushing feeling and strong metal case.

I should find a back up one just in case....may have to go to HK or something like fastech...but they are $$. The thought of not having my dual cell G43....is very frightening to say the least..
    :monkey:
  • Cuckfumbustion
    Also have Wismec Reuleaux rxgen 3... stay away. i mean, it works, but this is meant to be heated for 4 minutes straight.CrazyCory564
    I'm getting happier with what I have that much more.
    Sauce....I use a Joyetech evic VTC Dual. It is a discontinued mod from Joyetech, but you can still find them online if you search well.LabPong
    So one Dual cel that is discontinued.

Any other Duel cels mods that are worth looking into?

My larger consideration is the weight to vape ratio with shockproof cases for the G43. A smaller mod can say fit in my Pelican case fully attached to the slide. So no playing with connectors. OR I can unattach everything and fit it in two smaller lighter shockproof cases. So fortunately, there are two paths to consider when coming up for a G43 and my MOD in full portable mode.

With the walls of the Pelican case and some spare patch of foam add a to layer things, I can have some sort of cable management going on and hopefully keep things fumble free.
  • martinstraka8282
    [img]23r9wyq.jpg
    Well this happened last night :( just 2 days after my vehicle was written off and less than 2 weeks from our baby's due date. Gotta love this bs we call life sometimes.

Passed out on my couch and I must have knocked it over in my sleep. Luckily it wasn't on at least or I would have burned a hole in my new carpet. Amazingly, my water piece survived other than spilling.

@Hazel What's the process for buying a new one? Am I able to jump the line at all or will I need to wait my turn again?

Is it safe to use like this in the mean time?
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I cant view the pic. Did you break your G? Oh no! Your not the first, I'm sure you'll get taken care of.
  • martinstraka8282
    Weird, it didn't work at first, but it's showing up for me now. Is Tinypic known to work here?

Yes, that's unfortunately what happened. I have a bad habit of passing out on my couch lol.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    now i see it. Ouch. I imagine it technically still works but i bet the heat only makes that crack worse. Sorry for your loss
  • Baron23
    So sorry to see that, mate....but focus on the really big deal...you are going to have a new BABY!! :party: :up: :sparkle: :party: :blush:
  • ssaucyc515
    @Baron23 baron... 5 minute preheat makes a difference. i love it.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I forgot i was preheating for 10-12 minutes once. That was one hell of a hit. The 2nd hit was mostly just leftovers
  • Baron23
    Oh, cool...four minutes works too.

I find with the G43 that is like every other vape in this respect....the clouds are also dependent on the payload. I have some flower that just produces lots of vapor and some other that, despite high cannibinoid numbers, is more stingy with the vapor.

I don't know why or what constituent component is responsible for this....actually, I'm beginning to think I really don't know anything (true enlightenment there! haha)
  • ssaucyc515
    haha the wedding cake i got last night ( premo stuff btw i love it ) only last 3 hits with preheat on 5. im pretty sure youre the one who recommended 5 minutes no? i guess it was 4 :lol:
  • LabPong
    I am now officially ............and hopelessly addicted to double deckers in the G43. :starstruck:

You do not need very much...and what little you use...with a little flower under it.....is perfect for a awesome 6-8 draw sesh. I let her heat up 5 mins at 10.8w and let it fly....

No need for a separate enail dab rig for me .....for now. lol

It is so efficient to use like this. Makes the pressed flower not go so fast by just doing rosin hits straight up on what ever vape rig.

Get one of these 10mm (supposed to be 11.67mm) stones from Bud or 7th floor soon. You do not want to miss out on this awesome experience...trust me.
  • Baron23
    No, no...I'm the guy who forgot his mod was on with a new load and it was five minutes when I hit it. Holy hell...what a hit.

But, I do find four works.....its just a matter of how long it takes to get all of that glass up to temp and hence as a good heat sink for your draw.

All good...hard to fuck it up, really. So many different ways to do it.
  • Hazel
    @mikah @IAmKrazy2 @cbits @affiewolf You're all in! I just added you to the wait list. :100: :100:

Please read this post as to what we need you to do next and what the process is like so you know what to expect. :cool:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/5216/how-to-get-added-to-the-g43-wait-list-whats-next
  • Hazel
    1 year warranty baby. :100:
  • jungpunk420
    @Hazel
    Hope the day finds you well! I would be ecstatic if you could sign me up for the wait list on the G43! Thing looks supa sweet and, if I know Bud, rips like a beast and is so very potent! Cheers all! Happy 420!!! :cool:
  • Cuckfumbustion
    G43 and the Lynx. Paired for portability. The desktop at Base camp.
    1100225-1.jpg1100232-1.jpg
  • affiewolf
    @Hazel
    I would be super stoked if you could sign me up for the wait list on the G43! This device looks like the future of cannabis terpene tasting!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment