• Baron23
    Hi guys - so, has anybody found a good translation for the sur_myevic firmware manual that is in Russian (FFS...sigh).

Yes, I can cut and past it piece by piece but formatting and symbols don't come over and its not really that good of a translation ("soaring" anybody? haha).

As @Hippie indicated, it would appear that the spiral symbol with values in ohms is the actual cold resistance of the coil while the sharp sine wave sort of symbol is real time resistance in ohms which increases as the coil gets hotter.

I'm asking because suddenly (after a dip in ISO only up to the first screen) my G43 runs much cooler (and I run at 13W).

Which of these values does the sur_myevic firmware use to calculate wattage? I see the real time ohms rise with temp of the coil but I don't really remember it doing this before (but it well may have).

Which variable do you look at for resistance.

P.S. - neither of these values have a little lock symbol next to them so its not that which is making mine run cooler....a good bit cooler.
  • UbarDog

Check your balls . Loose balls seem to need more watts to heat. Plus try and get them diagonal , Not straight down. Distrupts airflow........But I wear a tin foil hat so...

Is you cold resistance stable ?
  • Hippie
    Google translate does a decent job of translating the Russian version and the support forum posts
  • Baron23
    cold resistance seems stable as a rock and no lock symbols next to any variable.

I have pressed the screens upward as much as I dare. Looks like there is room for just one ball to move a bit....since the ISO. Not sure why that would have done anything.

I have pushed the screens up but I fear pushing them harder. It sure seems like they are in the groove that they carve out in the slide.

@VapeCritic wants to see it so I'm going to send it back to him and we will try to determine what happened as a lesson learned for going forward.

But FUCK the manual in Russian...sigh. I mean, he writes in ENGLISH read the manual in Russian as its updated. FFS...if the caution is in English why not the frakin manual itself? (yeah, whine, whine, whine LOL)
  • Baron23
    I didn't find it that handy. It won't translate the whole page anymore, only has a limited amount of characters it will allow, drops all formatting, and if this is a good translation then I must be missing something as I don't remember "soaring" with my box mod! haha

Thanks for responding but I wasted a good bit of time this morning trying to translate it, found that it does not seem to go into depth on all of the possible variables that can be put in each line of the main screen...or I missed seeing that.

Its a bit frustrating and I'm with Bud....battery sled is nice and simple.
  • CrazyCory564
    @Hazel thanks for the info. Glad I asked as I thought I was 285 rather than 295. That would have confused me. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • CrazyCory564
    Vaporbreak has Joyetech VTC duals listed 35 bucks, shipping makes it like 42-43 if you're in US. I know a bunch of people were interested in it, and I ordered a backup last night. They have under 10 of each color listed.

It's the discontinued Joyetech mod that has a single and dual format. Runs tubo-myevic, sur-myevic... All the myevics.

Speaking of which, is there any difference? I always referred to tubo as MyEvic firmware, but everyone else refers to it otherwise on here.

Edit: not vouching for them. I placed the order. Didn't receive item yet. Didn't get email confirmation, but I made an account and the order is listed in my orders so it's on their record as of now. Not trying to run people in to a scam. I have no clue if they're legit, but it seems fine as of now. Just don't want to be the reason you get screwed without knowing risks. Owner is Japanese company or person based on my records.
  • Hazel
    whooooop!!! :party: :party:
  • LabPong
    VapeCritic your are a genius! The G43 is the best vape I ever used. Go to mass production and get rich as fuck! :wink:tripertronic

My thoughts as well !
  • Chris Larson
    Totally agree. I hope @VapeCritic can figure out how to mass produce so he can get the money and recognition that he and Hazel deserve!
  • phaent
    @Hazel Love to be added to the list!
  • fawsly
    @Hazel

Please add me to the list. Thank you!
  • CrazyCory564
    @Hazel fawsly wants to be added.

@fawsly you have to select the @ button right above the text box itself rather than use the @ key or it doesn't actually do anything. It's the 6th symbol

Unrelated; does anyone know if the wismec sinuous p228 can run MyEvic FW? I thought it was similar to the p80 but frankly I have no idea and own neither. Was curious as I prefer dually battery mods over singles
    Been pain free for a change, so real busy last week and a half and didn’t really have time for anything other then quick dynavap bowls. Home today with a flair up in my foot so I packed a full bowl in the g43 and just a J hook. You can tone this thing down so the vape through the j hook is cool and enjoyable! G43 packed full max is a lot for me in one sesh but knocked the pain out and helped with inflammation. I also enjoy stirring it every 2-3 hits and still can’t believe how cool the screen is when you remove it to stir. If I had to plug this thing into a wall I would never use it. Incredible brain child, thanks @VapeCritic and @Hazel
  • BestBuds
    k3bb0b4g7up7caxb.jpg
    My medication makes me high!
  • Hazel
    Thank you!! Seriously, the help in how to flag my attention is so greatly appreciated. I’ve been working on a how-to tag and use forum quick 123 guide but... uhh.. not much actual action has happened besides me finding how to do it! Lol

So thank you CrazyC and everyone else that always helps! You know who you are!! :heart:

As for my new g friends @phaent @fawsly - You’re in, I just added you to the wait list. You’re #354 and #355 respectively. We’re still in the early 200s so it’ll be a little bit before it’s your turn. :groan: In the meantime please take a look at this post explaining what we need you to do so we can give your store access to order when it’s your turn. Also just a bit of breakdown of the wait list, process, and extra guide links . :)

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/5216/how-to-get-added-to-the-g43-wait-list
  • Yakayao
    @Hazel I want to get added to wait list
  • Hyperconsumer
    Hi @Hazel I'd like to be added to the waiting list please! :smile: much love to you and Bud.
  • CrazyCory564
    Does anyone know how wide the "RDA" portion of the G43 is? (The part that is screwed in to the 510 connection of the mod, it's shaped like a cylinder with wires extending from it)
  • LabPong
    Does anyone know how wide the "RDA" portion of the G43 is? (The part that is screwed in to the 510 connection of the mod, it's shaped like a cylinder with wires extending from it)CrazyCory564

The smaller shorter one Bud used to use is 3/4' inch. Some are wider...but probably under 1 inch I would think for width.
  • Hippie
    Not sure if they're all the same size as there are a few choices but my Wotofo Freakshow is 22mm
  • CrazyCory564
    I mean the RDA with the g43. Other RDA's have nothing to do with the size of this one
  • Hippie
    Have a look at the G43 in the shop m8
    https://shop.vapelife.com/collections/vaporizers/products/g43
    You can choose from a few different versions of the Wotofo Freakshow RDA for your G43 at the moment. There were others at one point (hence what I said), Bud posted some pics of them way back in the thread on page 16 or so.
    You can wire it up to any RDA you like tho, if you want. I have mine on a velocity rda as I have a couple of older mods that need a longer centre pin.
  • 420vapezone
    I shared the G43 with the team over at Boundless today and it thoroughly melted all of their faces off. We showed it off in the livestream too at some point.
  • TERRY1973
    aa205lcvsdbg2zxp.jpg
    G43...love it like the first day!
  • Chandler
    Is there a thread discussing the battery sled version of G43? I'm on the list but I don't understand the voting question about the battery sled because I don't know enough about how the battery sled would work vs the box mod. How do you change temps? Thanks
  • MothChewMoth
    There is no changing temps for a battery sled version, that's the beauty. You plug a battery in and it's on. You pull the battery and it's off. The coil is optimized to hit a certain temp (I think around 390F) and you'll get just about full extraction from that. Sure, you can get more burnt vapor out of material past that, but this is what his vision is.

The mod version allows you you turn the vape on/off with a button press. You can also set your custom wattage level to increase or decrease temp. You need to have at least a minimal understanding of how a mod works in order to use this version, and it's not compatible with all mods.

@VapeCritic @Hazel have you considered an on/off switch for safety purposes or to save battery life? Could be a simple addition.
  • Chandler
    @MothChewMoththanks for the info! The next 2 questions would be, how many sessions/battery and is that a different waiting list then the current G?
  • MothChewMoth
    Not sure if he's quoted times but it'll be based on the capacity of the battery you use. Not a separate waiting list, but @Hazel will post here if something changes.
  • Chandler
    @MothChewMoththanks. Guess because I already bought two joytech dual evic whatevers in anticipation of, I'd have to say I need both versions?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment