• bum karacho

which strain?
    my plan for tomorrow some diy bho nug run budder made of oj kush:
    pnxef60ivyj1co9d.jpg
  • bum karacho
    i like barbara bud for every form of extraction:
    http://houseofthegreatgardener.com/wordpress/strains/

• EconMan

Pineapple Express. Was fortunate enough to know a grower (client) in California and he brought me a gift. I am less experienced with Sativa's but this one was nice. The rosin comes out almost like shatter, golden with a translucence almost like a Pale Ale in the sun.

What you're doing is out of my league, but it is on my list of stuff to learn/do in 2019. I've only recently learned to squish -- I'm a novice. Would love to sample the fruit of your work though. :love:
  • Dr green thumb
    It's not out of your league it's just something you haven't done yet.
  • EconMan
    EconMan It's not out of your league it's just something you haven't done yet.Dr green thumb

I like that! :starstruck: :cool:

From now on, you're my official spokesperson. :)
  • bum karacho

bho is easy to make and not soexpensive like a good press.the only thing i cannot do is live resin cause i´m not able to buy fresh frozen herbs on the black market.

you just need a
    honey bee extractor (it is one of the cheapest and the orginal)
    https://www.buzznn.ca/index.php?cPath=1
    a few bottles of butane
    or a few bottles of ether
    and for the small extractor 10-15g herb
    and for the big 30-40g
    JUST FOR OUTDOOR USE NO FLAME WITHINE 150 FEET.
    after extraction you get honey oil (shedder)
    with this shedder you can make budder crumble or give it in ccell or whatever you want.
    that is how you can make thca.
    thats extraction without solvent oil and heat.
  • EconMan

I'll watch the vid now. Thanks for it and the other info. Been studying the chemistry involved. Do you not need to purge the butane, or perhaps that is covered in the vid?

OK, just viewed. Thanks. Had never thought of making such small batches before... not sure why?

I have been watching a lot of vids from The710Extractionist on youtube.... he has some interesting info too, but he is a professional -- it's how he makes his living.
  • UbarDog
    Unless that is a specal pad they got in vid- Then you could not pay me to smoke that,!!!
    Always purge it , no matter how "clean" your butane is Vacume purge is ideal. at bare min a low temp burn off bubble and stir ....

Still looked it looked nice thou.
  • bum karacho

you can clean it with vacum or stiring it with 45°celsius.
    but if you make a small amount under 10g and you have a big flat bowl you will have also no butane bubbles inside,you can see the butan in bubbles if there is some left inside....
    its not dangrous if you do it outside and if you dont dabb it in the first 24h.
  • Dr green thumb
    you can get a butane extractor for about the price of a press. It shortens the process for butane removal down to two or three hours.
  • Baron23
    Haha. I remember for a while it seemed that in Cali someone blew up their house almost every other week. LOL.
  • EconMan
    I'm also told alcohol extraction is a possibility, but it is too good of a solvent and has to be chilled, else it extracts everything -- even what isn't wanted?

If/when I get into it, I'll definitely get some sort of closed-loop system..., that seems like the way to go. One can get used vacuum ovens pretty cheap, and the rest is just basic equipment.
  • bum karacho
    alcohol extraction is also nice but for edibles!
    i dont like the smoke maybe if i would give some terpenes in it.
  • bum karacho
    dry ice,
    dry shift,
    iceolator
    rosin press
    is more interresting for me.
  • EconMan
    Question. Got a new strain and it squishes weird. It comes out very oily -- and I do use a frozen cool plate -- so even getting it off the paper is challenging. So I put it into my silicone container, and freeze it. When frozen, it's easy to work with.... just drop in a little "icecube" but as soon as it starts to warm at all.... oily. It tastes good and medicates well.... but the consistency sucks. Any thoughts?
  • Dr green thumb
    pressing for too long of a time can do that. For this strain you go from say 2 minutes to a 1:45 . Just my thought.
  • EconMan
    OK. That makes sense. Perhaps a bit less hot too? I even tried a micron bag but same results.

My previous strain made an almost "shatter" consistency.... glad I still have some...
  • Dr green thumb
    let this set for a day or two and it will be better
  • EconMan

I left it over in the freezer sealed in a silicone cup. Will check on it later.
  • G-Code
    IME, ALWAYS vacuum purge anything made with BHO or PHO. Every time someone brings me a “diy solvent extract”, I put it in my vacuum and show them how drastically the consistency, amount, taste, and residual leftover changes.
    I’m one of the original diy dumbasses... In 2014 I caught a 10’ x 10’ section of my yard on fire letting BHO naturally purge. The sun hit it and poof :fire: :scream:
    Thank goodness for rosin!!
  • EconMan

Wow. The sun ignited it? Freaky!

Yeah, the better I get at making good rosin, the more I like it. I've been able to make a few batches that melted just like a shatter..... very little excess plant material. So darn tasty. However, still hard to get that consistently.
  • Dr green thumb
    This morning has consisted of three sessions of a .10 live resin gorilla glue dab in a quartz banger with three crucibles of Joliet jake on the mv1. Also accompanying this is three ten second hits on a cart of jack herer. Cheers!
  • EconMan

Oh! btw, this morning I utilized your idea of "listening" to the squish (turning off excessive background noise). Duh! Why ignore an entire Sense while attempting something?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment