• Ogaitnas
    Read many positive reviews on these two so I bought them. Absolutely love the M. It's easy to use and extremely efficient. Do wish the cap was a little sturdier, when dropped it can bend and get stuck .
    Sticky bricks learning curve has been a little frustrating. I've researched different videos and instructions but have not been able to do it correctly. Bud made it look easy! It seems like there are different recommended torch distances and flame sizes.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Dr green thumb
    Take your sticky break into an area that does not have bright light. light makes the flame harder to see. Make sure the restrictor disk is underneath the intake tube for the flame. Load with herb do not pack it just keep it loose, medium or coarse grind. When using start with your lighter a couple inches from the intake tube and move towards the tube until you either see vapor come up the stem or start to feel heat. If you are feeling heat back the lighter off just a little bit so you do not combust. Stir after every inhale session. This is how I use my sticky brick junior and I get huge clouds. Feel free to ask me any more questions you have.
  • beezee420
    perfect tips. I error sometimes with my bricks but then just re adjust and get a solid one.
  • kek
    Said all, you can also listen the noise when you inhale, it’s not the same sound when you’re on the right spot with your torch. It’s like this i master my brick ;)
  • EconMan

Don't feel bad this happens to most everyone at first with their bricks. Certainly did me.

Here is what I do.

1. Swap the mouthpiece ends, gives me a little extra room between my face and the torch, and to see what's going on.
    2. Do what Dr. Green above says, moving the torch closer/away as needed. You don't need to rip it like a bong, but toke it like a pipe. Some people shot the flame across the intake.... experiment.... it takes a little time (and a few torched bowls).
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Hey i just got a jr too, all the advice these guys are giving is spot on. One other thing that helped me, in addition to flipping the mouthpeice and using it the long way as opposed to the tall way, was to slightly turn the mouthpeice in the direction the intake is facing. It helps so i dont feel like im going crosseyed when i look at the intake.zqqy9ncse49mn2zc.jpg

Edit: i forgot to flip the MP the long way in the pic but this is how i "spin it".
  • Dr green thumb
    ktfve59zkknv7m4x.jpg
    One thing I forgot to mention is I keep the carb corked on mine. I feel it's easier to use this way. But if you do not use the cork you can just use the carb to regulate the temperature by moving your finger off and on it. For you that dont know it's the larger hole underneath where you heat on the skinny side of your vape.
  • standingsideways
    I think draw speed is key. I start slowly so the air has more time to get hot and vape the weed. This gets vapour production started quickly and as I see/feel vapour starting to come through I increase the speed to stop the heat building to much and combusting. As I increase the draw speed I back off with the lighter slightly as well then at the end of the draw I take my finger off the lighter and carb hole simultaneously and inhale quickly to clear the device of all the vapour.
  • Ogaitnas
    Dang I thought the FF2 was frustrating. I keep on tasting wood!
    I've tried the flame inside, far, high and low. There should be a better video on the modus operandi.
    Sticky brick for dummies!
  • MothChewMoth
    @Ogaitnas I've got the OG and had slighty wood-flavored bowls for a week or two of light use. It went away pretty quick and has remained my favorite vape of all time. It definitely takes a little experimentation to find the right technique for you, but it's worth it. STICK with it!

Sorry for the bad pun...
  • Ogaitnas
    Is there a chance I got a defective one? Such a simple concept! I watched the video, same outcome. I've tried it close far inside and no go. Could it be the amount I'm loading? The good thing is that the M is helping me through it!!!
  • Dr green thumb
    all this talk without pictures leaves us guessing. The video I posted above is as simple as it could get. But without pictures or video of what you are doing it's very hard to help.

Also make sure your screen is clean by now it most likely needs a cleaning. If its clogged you will not get vapor.
  • warren0728
    i wondered if mine was defective when i first got it too! i wouldn't say i have mastered it but a majority of the time i get excellent hits ... don't give up on it ... most of the times if i get a weak hit i conscientiously slow my inhale down for the next hit and it is great ... for me concentrating on draw speed (much slower than i thought) was key ... i also got rid of the restrictor disc ... didn't get along with it!
  • Ogaitnas
    I'll try removing the restrictor disk. I've tried at least 30 times and not one good hit.
    thanks
  • MothChewMoth
    @Ogaitnas try just starting with a minimal amount of ground herb; just enough to cover the screen. I've also NEVER used a restrictor disc, as I've never had a need for it. Are you burning your product?

If you've got just enough herb to cover the screen, got the carb covered or plugged, using a proper butane torch adjusted to about 1 to 1.5" flame, and there are no blockages anywhere, mechanically you should be in business. At that point keep a steady, medium draw while slowly lowering the blue part of the flame into the intake.

If that's not working for you still, I highly recommend posting a video with a full setup, loading, and draw to show us what you're doing.

You might also describe the product you're using... I've never had trouble with any sort of dry herb, but perhaps that's a factor?
  • Dr green thumb
    Clean the screen. I go over my screen with a small brush after every use. Caution if it was plugged your next hit may be quite large.
  • MothChewMoth
    Also maybe @Futurevapors can chime in as he's one of our resident enthusiasts
  • Ogaitnas
    Sounds like a good plan. I'm not burning the product. I've tried 3 different material with different consistencies. I haven't given up and will keep trying as it is so well liked by most users.
    It's most likely operator error .
  • Cl4ud3
    Can I ask exactly what the problem is. You say it's not charring or burning so you aren't giving it too much heat but what are you expecting and what are you getting might help us.

I keep on tasting wood!Ogaitnas

Is this your main problem that you keep tasting wood ? what wood type do you have ?
  • UbarDog
    @MothChewMoth The sweet Irsh prince Futurevapors is banned for some reason, Proberly shamless SBL promotion on every tread going lol .

Love the look of SBL but i just wish it had a heating system where you was not drawing in the bute.
  • MothChewMoth
    @Ogaitnas any progress? One of my buddies picked up a used JR from the forum this week. While he's had the standard first time issues, he was up and going by his second pack and loving it.

@UbarDog whoops, guess I missed that event since I hadn't been around much lately. Not totally surprised, as he did love to tout the merit of all things SBL in pretty much every thread. Hopefully we'll see him around again soon.
  • Ogaitnas
    SB wood/ I've stuck the torch inside the glass and nothing . An inch inch and a half nothing. One of the loads got vaped and I got hints of a hit. The M has always had a stronger hit.
    After at least 50 attempts I finally got one good hit! Hallelujah! Did it with more firepower unfortunately I have not been able to recreate it in the last 6 attempts. BTW I did enjoy the one!
  • Dr green thumb
    are you covering the carb hole when you inhale
  • Cl4ud3

are you covering the carb hole when you inhaleDr green thumb

This is something you should be doing. Mine is permanently covered with the included cork, I don't see the need to use it and just keep it covered. Try this and then come back and let us know how you got on.
  • Baron23
    Mine is permanently covered with the included corkCl4ud3

Mine too. Corked it and that's that.
  • beezee420
    Get a triple lighter, set to low. Keep flame tip just outside of glass and make sure you are aiming it to the inside of the glass but to the side not right down the hole.

Do it in the dark a couple times and you should be good.

Otherwise time to sell this piece !
  • Ogaitnas
    Ok I corked iit, removed the restrictor still no go. I guess I'll have to get a 3 flame torch. I do have a question how hard/long should I be pulling? It does look like the material is being vaped as it is turning goldish but I am not getting any!!!!
  • Dr green thumb

Using the Junior:
    Disassemble the Brick Jr and load enough material to cover the screen
    Reassemble the Brick Jr without the top section
    Twist the mouthpiece and heat intake to face outward
    Adjust the butane flame to approximately one inch
    Hold the flame above the small flared intake and inhale while covering the lower front air-hole
    Enjoy the super smooth and incredibly tasty vapor

Courtesy of puffit up

Also make sure the short glass stem is over the herb chamber and the long stem is on the other side.

Make sure the screen is clean and you can see through it.
  • Ogaitnas
    Did all that. Even used a new screen different material consistencies etc. I'm in the process of purchasing a 3 flame torch as a last attempt. I feel like I've been torching my throat!
    I have started using my firefly 2 and found that perhaps I should keep it and sell the SB Jr. I'm honestly getting better hits from FF2 even with all the resistance!
    Everybody makes the SB look so simple.
  • Dr green thumb
    maybe it has an obstruction between the two chambers. You would have to look through the lower carb hole with a bright light to find out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment