• TREDAY24
    Ditanium Vaporizer....any thoughts?
    I saw some cool reviews on YouTube and it looks pretty cool. It’s a dual use desktop vaporizer in a wooden ‘box’. Not a log vape but maybe the wood for aesthetic. I don’t own a desktop vape but being able to use wax and flower...even at the same time makes me want to get the Ditanium ASAP. Sneakypete and Puffitup has pretty solid reviews and both dudes love it. But always trust the word of VapeFather Bud. What do you guys think?6mq6xn6md4b0t3sn.jpeg
  • Bud

Should be getting one shortly and I'll post about it when I do :ok:

Thanx! :strong:
  • Foggy Notion
    glad to hear it! I know you don't like whips as well so I would recommend getting Sneaky Pete's whipless handpiece.1umdrii0avoqinkh.jpg
  • AsUwish
    Sooooo this thing does NOT fuck around. I loaded about .3 and after 4 medium draws, I had to stop because I got too high. My tolerance is crazy. Like I feel edible level high with the Ditanium. And it's still plenty green in the glass chamber. Efficiency is off the charts. The taste of the herb is clean but only draw back is a bit of a silicone taste that comes along with it from the tube. I'm sure with glass it's superb. Anyone else on this?
  • Tdog420
    what are your full thoughts on this one?
  • iamdiosa
    My new Ditanium arrived today!. I'm giving everything a wash and did the first burn-off cycle. I'll do another in a bit just to be sure.
    Initial thoughts... It really is much smaller than I thought! I can hold it in one hand easily and my hands are fairly small. They pack that box tight, don't they? The hose popped right out of the box at me as soon as I opened it. (Yes, the jokes sometimes just write themselves.) I like the blue LED. Looks like a Christmas tree bulb. :) Also looks pretty easy to swap if I ever want to change color.
    First thing I did was make sure I could undo the nail piece (I read about someone's being stuck and unable to remove to get to the quartz enail piece)
    So a couple of question... Is that cardboard looking piece around the electronics supposed to be there? Is it some sort of heat-resistant cotton/fiber paper? Also, is the ceramic rod meant to wiggle around like it does? Seems like it could break easily the way it moves around.
    I'll report back after my first use but this is what I have so far.
  • iamdiosa
    Tried out the Ditanium last night and I have to say... meh. Now before anyone says anything, I'm convinced it's user error on my side. :)
    I was hoping this would be pretty much a load and go. Seems not so much. First, I think the knob is installed oddly. Off is at about 5:30 and all the way is 3:30ish. That seems different to the videos I've seen where it's 7 and 5 so that noon is about right. By my calculations, I would think about 10:30 or 11ish would be about right?
    Is the center column supposed to wobble? The ceramic piece in there wobbles quite a bit, and looks at risk of smashing if it gets knocked about too much. Also when I push the glass tube on, the center support moves back some. Is it supposed to do that or should it be solid and stationary?
    I got ZERO vapor from it. Cranked almost all the way up I got some wispy thin vapor. Not a deal killer, just was surprised, given what I've seen in review videos.
    Now where I think things went total pear shape is that the weed never browned. It simply became less green to a straw color and looked very dry. I'm used to chocolate to coffee colored ABV. Is this normal for this device?
    To be fair, I did get a buzz from the weed, but it could have been after I took that dried weed and hit it in the CFX. It was gross in flavor, but did work. I was feeling nothing at all from the Ditanium at the time of use.
    I need to explain how I hit vapes. I still have the hold over from smoking so I tend to rapid fire my hits, with at most 30 seconds in between. (Hey, you didn't want to waste weed by letting it burn away!) I know many people don't hit like that, so it could be I need to change the technique here?
    I'm not discouraged (yet) but I'm hoping some folks can give me some advice. Thanks all.
  • Baron23
    It simply became less green to a straw color and looked very dry. I'm used to chocolate to coffee colored ABV.iamdiosa

Just in general, conduction vapes or hybrids with a conduction component will result in a more evenly brown AVB than a pure convection vape. Volcano poo is a good example of convection AVB.

One notable exception to this is my EVO which is full convection but man...I can get AVB out of it that looks just like conduction AVB and no....the ELBs really don't get that hot. Don't know how or why with the EVO but it is one of my favorites and if it broke today I would place a re-order before tomorrow. haha

With that said....and without any experience with this device at all....it still sounds like you may have a defective unit. I don't think things are supposed to wobble in there...yeah?
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Something to be wary of with convection vapes like this one that is that the flower bowl is held in a horizontal manner.
    This can mean that unless the bowl is fully loaded, the load can collapse so that most of the hot air passes over the top of it, instead of through it. Can't say I'm a fan of this horizontal design style.
    @iamdiosa hope you get it sorted anyway.
  • iamdiosa
    It's really a bit disconcerting to me, having the tower wobble. I would love an EVO but I really can't stretch to that amount of money at this point. This was (theoretically) a cheaper buy in with a similar effect. I mean, the unit did look a bit "rough" - few scratches in the wood, the glass tube had some scratches and didn't seem to be well polished, but I like to think it's character for the device, but the wobble seems a bit "too much".
  • Baron23
    I would love an EVO but I really can't stretch to that amount of money at this point.iamdiosa

Yes, its a fabulous vape but hard to see the money in the materials and build labor....they are a bit dear.

But, if you manage to save enough shekels and get one, I believe you will be very happy with that purchase decision.
  • iamdiosa
    That I can see. This is no microdoser, and that was why I bought this was to either cram a few nugs in there or pack a decent amount in there. But it just strikes me that while the glass gets warm, the ceramic has heat, I'm just not getting anything. It feels like I'm inhaling the fresh herb straight from the jar. No heat in the air at all, but that could be the whip doing a killer cooling job. :)
  • iamdiosa
    I probably would. The one selling point on this for me was the ability to do concentrates and herb at the same time. I haven't tested it yet, since I want to get the herb working first.
  • iamdiosa
    How would the ABV from that compare to say the Ghost or Tubo? I got some nice brown from there. I guess maybe the Ditanium ABV might be what you would see in the Ghost at the absolute lowest setting, that straw yellow/dry color. I got some dark from the Tubo when I had it but I agree it wasn't as dark as say the CFX or the Arizer.
  • Other Side
    ABV is not going to be as dark as those as they are conduction and this is convection. The color of the ABV is a poor representation of extraction anyway.
  • Baron23

This ^^

THC is not green....chlorophyll is....but, like many I do feel rather more comfortable with even brown (no chlorophyll left) AVB even though I know its not necessarily an a precise indicator of extraction.

Its one of the challenges of making pure convection portables....a lot of people go nuts if they see even a spec of green. Tough CS challenge there, I think.
  • iamdiosa
    I do agree that it's not the end all be all of vaping is to see dark brown ABV. But I would expect it to darken a bit, not just appear to dry out and desiccate. Also, if it was actually producing vapor, I should feel the effects, even if I don't see any vapor. I'm getting nothing.
    I tried again this morning. Took 3 VERY healthy rip at 12 (remember, full on is around 3) and nothing. It was as green as the unvaped herb still in the grinder. This is why I'm wondering if I'm not doing something right here. I know the Ghost didn't make dark ABV, nor did the Tubo, but I would expect *some* browning, simply from the heat. This almost looks more like it's being dehydrated, but not actually vaping the terpenes. Does that make sense?
    Honestly, I really appreciate your input, and I'm not trying to sound like an emo whiny douchebag. :) I'm just frustrated that something is wrong (and I'm sure it's on my side, but I don't know what it is). I'm not entirely convinced the unit is faulty (yet). I've emailed PIU for some ideas. I'll see if they have any suggestions too. But are there other troubleshooting steps you can think of to try? Crank it all the way to see if that gets it? I've been trying to avoid that, as it seems overkill, since that's supposed to be burnoff stage.
  • Baron23
    Don't sound like a douche at all.

You may well have a defective unit. I feel certain that they don't intend for parts to wobble and you seem to know when you are getting vapor and if you are not, then there is probably an issue with your vape.

I mean, this is a desktop that is much like a horizontal log vape....not much to fuck up. Load the stem (or whatever they call it), put it on some heat, then draw.

If its not working for you, you may want to contact their CS or where you bought it.

Also, I don't often post links to other forums but....there is a rather large thread on this vape here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ditanium-vaporizer.26785/

Maybe give that a perusal?
  • iamdiosa
    Thank you so much!! I'll check that thread out!!
  • Ctipp22
    From what I hear of the ditanium if you turn up the knob and let it heat up it’s huge clouds so something should be wrong here. Maybe the ceramic rod isn’t supposed to be moving around in there. Call them. But do try it after letting it heat for 15 minutes just to be sure. Also use enough herb.
  • iamdiosa
    Maybe that could be the problem? I'm putting in about .3g load. It's about 1/3 up to the etched area. Need more? :)
  • Ctipp22
    I doubt it’s that. Unless you are really putting small amounts but I doubt it. Try half way
  • iamdiosa
    Thanks guys.
    Chatting with PIU support, they think I have a bad unit. Apparently that support tower should not move. :) So that could be an issue.
  • Baron23
    Apparently that support tower should move. :) So that could be an issue.iamdiosa

Maybe you meant that it "should NOT move"?

Glad Puffitup are straightening you guys out. They are a class outfit.
  • iamdiosa
    I edited it to say should not. :)

They really are. I really appreciate how willing they are to help out and go the extra mile to make sure you are happy.
  • Other Side
    The lower support is held in place by a rubber grommet so it will move (wiggle anyway). I think the problem is your temp. With the glass wand I crank it all the way full (maybe a little less). With the titanium handle I turn it up 3/4. Try cranking it up before you send that thing back.
  • iamdiosa
    Does the ceramic rod wiggle around a lot? You need to crank all the way to 11 (sorry couldn't resist) to vape any flower? I'm just confused because in most of the videos half way was more than sufficient to get a good draw and buzz. I'm okay with that, as I tend to vape a bit warmer (Love my THC-V and humulene!!) so it's not a big deal. Will it damage the ceramic to be up in that 800F-900F range all the time?
  • Other Side
    It will give a little but I think that is normal. If you are really unsure I'd recommend reaching out to Ditanium directly. Adam is a great guy and I'm sure will help answer your concerns.

As for the rod you can keep it cranked a good long while before having to replace it. The SSV uses the same technology and I know they have had one running for nearly a decade without replacement.
  • iamdiosa
    WOW!! That's incredible! I didn't know that. :)

Thank you so much for helping me out too! Really appreciate it. :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment