• Bad Dog
    thanks for the update and for sharing your email so people can get in contact with you for old style wands. I know of at least 2 members who still want one so I'm sure they will be in touch. The really interesting stuff will be in the days to come when people can compare the two and post their results
  • Bad Dog
    Anyone get their old style glass hand piece yet? Mine crossed the border today so I should have it one day this week providing the mail doesn’t stop.
  • Bad Dog
    Mine finally arrived! I was really excited to try it out and my session was just as it should be, with a clear rig at the end of my draw. I’m pleased as punch with my results but planning on doing some side by side comparison of the 2 style glass hand piece, looking at avb. I have a sneaking suspicion that there are small dead spaces in the new wand so I think the old one will have more even avb but won’t know till I compare.

• Triad
    I bought 2 of the original style stems like
    2-3 weeks ago from vgoodiez when he had them in stock . I went to put the it away and the mouthpiece lightly hit the stem and broke it at the end of it off Was very easy to break.
    If anybody knows where and when they are available somewhere if u could please post.
  • Bad Dog
    vgoodiez is planning on restocking them, not sure when they will. You can also contact Ditanium through his website https://enailvaporizer.com/ He has a supply of old wands, or message him here on VLF his handle is @DITANIUM VAPOR .

Have you used both style wands? What are your thoughts?
  • Pud
    Their site is super confusing on such a simple item... with glass screen... with stainless screen.. with both.... and it def isn't 8x6x6 nor does it weigh 2.5lbs.. lol!
    And looks the same item as the glass handle for the titanium piece with same specs... 8x6x6/2.5lbs

Didn't even realize there was a titanium bowl with glass handle option...,

Is this the Original handpiece? Or the glass screen version which you also send a stainless screen with as well?

https://enailvaporizer.com/product/glass-handle-2/
  • Bad Dog
    I'm only guessing but the one on his site is probably the new model since that's the way he went. But if you contact him directly I'm sure he can sort you out if you let him know your interested in the old style.
  • DITANIUM VAPOR
    Just to clarify. The original style wands require the user to unwedge a screen in a notch. it is a difficult operation for may to swap out the screen. The new/current design has a 7 hole glass backing, not a glass screen. This backing allows the user to swap the screen out by pressing against the glass surface. They do not reduce the airflow as the holes are very large. If the screen are kept clean, then they function the same as the orignal design and are much more user friendly to put in new screens.
    We also have a quick screen change titanium handpiece that allows for the user to swap screens by unscrewing two pieces. They are by far the easiest to change the screen out and have a slightly smaller area to pack than the glass version. Heavy flower users really like the titanium version. The glass handles we sell have no screens and are insulated handles for the titanium handpieces. They also work well if they user prefers for concentrates since their is no screen to get dirty at all. ie... they can use the titanium handpieces for flower, then disconnect it and use just the glass handle for concentrates and the screen will not become resinated.
  • Cannabliss420
    I'm looking to get standard ditanium unit to replace the vrod I just sold. Loved it but it's dangerous to leave around while it's hot and my lungs can't handle hits off rig anymore. I really like dabbing and herb combo hits.
    Does anyone know the difference between the ditanium with titanium nail version and quartz nail versions?
    Which one should I go with or are they both the same unit?
  • BestBuds
    I know this is your baby so I say this with that in mind. I hate the glass screen and I disagree that it doesn't create draw restriction. Just my opinion. I think the 2 styles are preference I prefer the old style over the one with the glass screen obstacle. Here is the thing if I don't have access to the "old" style I don't have a need for this vape anymore. I don't want to clean the handpiece 2 times a night.
  • Pud
    I prefer the quartz nail with ceramic center as this seemed like it would give better taste. I never tried the titanium nail so don't know for sure. But however it us born is how it has to stay. The titanium version was a little less cost than the quartz. I liked it so much I bought a second unit for my lady's house but we may be getting her something new soon.. lol she likes the grab and go instead of desktop units
  • Bad Dog
    @BestBuds you got your hands on a old style glass hand piece? And you much prefer it? Good to hear I’m not alone in my preference. While the difference isn’t night and day or earth shaking it’s the small things that turn a car into a luxury car. I find myself much more satisfied with my session with the old style wand
  • Bad Dog
    correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that there is such thing as a titanium nail for the Ditanium, all Ditaniums are ceramic heating rods covered with a quartz nail and dish encapsulated in a titanium head. The only variation is what wood you want to get. This isn't the first time someone has asked about a titanium nail but anytime I look there's nothing? Can you please provide a link to said nail?
  • Bad Dog
    I was blind but now I see and as usual I'm late to the party lol
  • BestBuds
    I don't know about that. You rang the bell on the og glass handpiece. You opened my eyes first! :joke:
  • Bad Dog
    that's only because I'm a bit old a old fudy dudy, when I find something I like I don't usually want change. It's like when you find a food you like and can eat it for years perfectly happy, than one day they have new packaging and are improved. You take it home and eat it and it's not the same and the spell it had over you vanished.
  • Cannabliss420
    Thanks @Bad Dog @Pud
    Ditanium reached out and said get the quartz one because they will be discontinuing the all titanium versions. I see they also have Ditanium Grade 2 Titanium Handpiece as a extra add on, anyone try that one over the glass one that comes with the unit? And how long do the quartz nails last, I see they sell replacement quartz nail also.
  • Pud
    I have not tried the all titanium handpiece. I prefer more glass. I bought the sneakypete glass piece
    https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/ditanium-whipless-handpiece?variant=12564783693905
    then connected it to a glass adapter to have basically all glass pathway to my waterpipe.
  • Bad Dog
    the titanium hand piece holds a smaller load size than the glass and is supposed to have better efficiency but I can't speak from personal experience as I don't have one. @AsUwish might have the answers your looking for about it. I'm not sure of its load size but I think you get the best results attaching the titanium hand piece and letting it heat soak for 5-10 minutes before starting your session, it will get hot so back to back session aren't quick but if you want a bigger bowl use the glass.

My nail is 8 months old and still going strong without a cracking or chazing but has gone from clear to frosted, to be fair I leave it on for extended periods all the time and do more burn offs than ISO soaking.

I also have the whipless glass hand piece and like it quite a bit. It's definitely tastier than through the whip and rig. Holds a load size of around .2 max . While you can use that amount in the glass hand piece with whip the whipless does a better more efficient job with that load size because it's closer to the heater, its vapour is also more instant.

Another thing to consider if your into bigger loads and think you'll get some use out of the glass hand piece there are two versions, the old or original style with bevels to hold a titanium screen in place and new style with glass screen or backing to hold the screen in place. The debate is just starting about which is better, I'm strongly a fan of the old style for a few reasons. First it has a freer flowing draw which is especially nice for clearing your rig more easily at the end of your draw. Second it's way easier to keep clean, a simple blast from a high pressure faucet will cure 95% of your woes, I soak in ISO maybe once a month with daily use. The same can not be said about the glass screen. If you buy your unit from a place with current stock you'll get the hand piece with the glass screen, if your interested the old style both Sneaky Pete and Vgoodiez are looking to stalk them but I'm not sure when they will, @Otherside do you have a eta on those old style wands? Or you can contact Ditanium directly because he has a supply of old style glass hand pieces but I don't believe they're listed on his site, but if you get in touch I'm sure he can help you out.
  • Cannabliss420
    @Bad Dog @Pud thanks
    very helpful info. I think I will order titanium whip set since unit comes with a glass one. It will be nice to have both options. I probably will also order the sneaky Pete hand piece.
  • iamdiosa
    I have the titanium hand piece. I don't typically use it as it is a much smaller load than what I tend to run through the glass. The titanium holds roughly .15-.20 iirc. But they screens are super quick to change. I also have the sneaky pete J hook and like it for the smaller loads as well. I have a spare quartz so I can swap them around if the other gets too dirty. Always a good thing to have on hand. I have the old style glass - when it is clean there is zero air restriction unless I pack the shit out of the flower. Otherwise, it rips nicely.
  • DITANIUM VAPOR
    We do stand by the fact they perform the same when clean, and are easier for most to change out the screens. We had numerous complaints and issues with the old design so it is not preferred for must users who had great difficulty wedging the screen in the notch. If you re finding they are getting dirtier faster and have diminished performance that would be a different story. The grid pattern must be visible on the screen or the perforce will be greatly diminished as the air flow can not occur evenly over the material so you will end up with hotspots/ We can produce the older version again for specific users, but the units have been much more user friendly with the new design. For those reading on the forum, i would recommend the titanium handpiece for heavy flower users as the screen should be kept clean or changed very regularly for optimal performance. The titanium version is the easiest by far to change screens, and performs very efficiently. The pack is smaller than the glass but reloading is a breeze and sometimes a smaller pack is preferred for performance. You will not get density of vapor if the handpiece is not packed well so larger requires more material every time.
  • Tdog420
    with the glass screen i pretty much have to clean it every use or performance greatly drops off. It bugs the heck out of me so much that i actually took the metal screen out. This makes it work ten times better but, gets lots of particles stuck in ur whip and water pipe. There must be some kind of solution as this changes the like ability quite a bit. If you can get it to function as nice as it does w out a metal screen but eliminate the scoobey snacks. That would be amazing. The current setup of glass screen w metal screen is awful for any heavy user. I would use this vape everyday if it wr not for the constant cleaning to get good airflow. Also i own 30 plus top notch vapes so i know what im talking about. If you can fix this issue you would possibly have one of the greatest vapes of all time. This is just constructive criticism as i do love the ditanium overall.
  • DITANIUM VAPOR
    We can have the original version produced again. We recommend the titanium headpiece for heavy flower users as the screen changes are very easy and the heat transfer very efficient.
  • Bad Dog
    with the glass screen i pretty much have to clean it every use or performance greatly drops off.Tdog420

What sort of grind do you use? With a medium grind I'm averaging 2-3 bowls before total failure, in the old style I can get like 6 but it's so easy to clean I never let it get that far. A quick blast of hot water and qtiping of the bowl and screen and it's ready for action

We do stand by the fact they perform the same when clean, and are easier for most to change out the screens.DITANIUM VAPOR

I would argue against both of those points, I find they preform differently even when clean and the new styles longevity is barley half that of the old style. As for changing the screen again I say the old style is much easier to remove, simply poke a chopstick in the outtake pushing the screen out through the bowl. With the new style you need to scratch and scrape with a long pin till you bend the screen often damaging the screen in the process. Not to mention that the screen has to be removed every time to clean it unlike the old style where you can blast hot water through the hand piece out the bowl to 95% clean it, with the occasional ISO soaking again often with the screen in place. I won't argue that placing the screen into position is easier with the new but I never found placing the screen in the old one was very hard either simply using chopsticks from above and below the screen till it goes into position.

We had numerous complaints and issues with the old design so it is not preferred for must users who had great difficulty wedging the screen in the notchDITANIUM VAPOR

I suspect the reason for this is because you don't include any extra screens with the vape and people without the forethought of purchasing screens for their vape are likely left scrambling for a screen possibility from another vape only to have problems and blame the vape. Ditanium screens fit perfectly and I've never had a issue with it staying in place and I'm a aggressive stirrer. With 8 months of use, combusting twice I'm still on my original bag of screens with a good few left.
  • Bad Dog
    I miss my middle of the night Ditanium sessions ! I had to shelve the Ditanium because I’m currently on weed rationing and a full wand would more then blow through my daily ration. Still I might treat myself to a whipless hand piece combo hit tonight :smirk: not sure when this rationing will end so until further notice my Ditanium is a occasional use only vape. It looks so sad sitting across the room from me with its light off

Hey @MothChewMoth haven’t seen you around in a while, hope you’re as well as you can be through all this. You still rock your Ditanium at all these days? Or did the Weedeater completely win over your heart? Was wondering what your take on the two styles of hand piece, which you prefer?
  • Cannabliss420
    @BestBuds
    I tried glass balls hack but I ran into a slight problem. I was taking a hit and all of a sudden the joint un-threaded and came off. Hot balls fell all over bed and one landed on forearm. My wife just looked at me and said dumbass and then took a hit from her dynavap. I think turning the whip while taking a draw may be why it popped off.
    Great ideal but I ended up just removing them. I don't have good luck with balls.
  • Pud
    @Tdog420 what happened with your ditanium when it was glowing? Did you have to send it in to ditanium or the retailer? One of mine is doing that but intermittently
    (Bought at Black Friday sale then did it in February then just did it again) so I can't figure out wtf... weird where it's fine then does it then fine.... yours was a more constant after your bulb blew, right?
  • Bad Dog
    doesn't Ditanium have a lifetime warranty?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment