• Vapedude
    I put a new light in the TARDIS.... :cool:BestBuds

The position of the dial on your apparatus, seems to be placed @ approx. the 10:00 O’Clock position, or as they call it in French, “position.”

Is this your sweet spot? Curious....
  • BestBuds
    no not at all. I just turned it on for the light. I like 12:30
  • Vapedude

Edit: Plz disregard the “ Lolllll :lol: “ above. I will explain why below.

5 days later, I just realized that I misinterpreted your 12:30 position, as meaning that the dial, was turned, FULLY CLOCKWISE FULL LOCK! :grin: .

Then I was like, no fucking way you doing that, lolll. No way!

Yeah, the 12:30 you speak of, is around my area as well. Preheated for hours of course ;) .

Right now, with this Frost Monster that I’m medicating with, this shit seems to steam up a lot easier than some of my other strains, and 11:30 seems to be SPOT ON :ok: for my particular needs. In fact, it was one of the most invigoratingly tasty, terpene’esque kind of hit, that had me drooling a bit at the corner of my mouth, 3 seconds after I pulled the mouth piece out, and began to exhale out. This part threw me off. I was :scream: in my head, after I witnessed myself involuntarily drooling, which in its own way, was good :cool:

The Puppy Love, Honeymoon stage was over with the Ditanium, yet with every passing day, I’m likin it mo :up: . I can’t recall the last time I drooled period. Maybe it was years ago, as I was about to fork a Greek sausage off the :fire: BBQ, and squirted fresh lemon cut off my own tree on it.....Maybe it was BBQ’d Octopus off the grill...or a WICKED chocolate cake? What I’m saying is, I’m one of those that do practice a certain amount of etiquette, it’s what I am. I don’t drool easily if at all, hell, I’ve never spat in my life, because I think it’s fucking gross! :vomit:

So to recap, the Ditanium, yesterday, at 11:30 position(was preheated hours fwiw) with some organically grown Frost Monster, left me drooling and dripping, right after doing the requisite initial 3 (primer hits) cigar style, and then going for the 1st real draaaawwww..

The Ditanium gets an official :up: :cool: from me.
  • Bad Dog
    Finally got my new whips from puffitup and my first session with the Ditanium in a few days. Loaded the OG whip and dialled it to 2 o'clock and hit it threw my rig, first hit was tasty, second hit was also nice, third hit was dense, potent and stopped me dead in my tracks :lol: it's probably been over a week since I last used the OG whip and man do I ever remember why I love it! Those big loads are awesome! Nothing gets me ready for bed better or faster, I can already feel the sandman starting to goose me and it's only a little after 7:30.
  • BestBuds
    I'll give a little update as well. The lack of a numbered dial makes is almost impossible to get the same temp every time easily or quickly. I am going to grab a extra guitar knob from my dad when I see him next week and see it if fits.
    I took the knob off when I found a setting that just was stellar and stuck it back on with the line pointing between 2 dark lines in the grain of wood. It's a good spot to remember and the hits I have been getting with the all glass whip are Elev8r-esque.
  • Vapedude

I dunno....perhaps it’s more of a personality thing, this line thing, and it’s helpfulness in ergonomic function?

I mean,, I kind of used to think that as well, in regards to the line thing..But I’m finding myself constantly tinkering with the temp dial. Kind of like my guitar, the range of the dials is infinite :cool: .

I do the same thing in my cars Auto 4-zone climate control system. I’m constantly finding myself over-riding the auto function every few minutes lol, mostly by +/- 1 increments..

Sweet spots are not forever..alas the personàlity...

This is how it is on the Ditanium for me, but I’m thinking especially since, I like to alternate strains very often, and that usually happens after 1 full bowl, which is quite a bit in the standard equipment glass wand bowl of the Ditanium.

So let’s say I finish my nite, wit a heavy sedatin’ Pink Kush, leanin’ heavily on the Indica side, the prochaine day when I pop something like a 100% pure sativa, like a Dr.Grinspoon, or Chocolope, I def would prefer a sliiightly lower temp with these, to kick my day of into the right direction :cool: , as opposed to the previous nights, mission obliteration :cool: .
  • Pud
    your knob did come off? I pulled on mine and it didn't move so I was afraid it was glued on. I'll try again but I was pulling pretty damn hard
  • BestBuds
    it's all about repeatability. If I have a numbered knob with a line on the body of the vape I can set it to 7 or whatever Everytime for that experience. Just because the knob is numbered doesn't mean I won't tinker. :naughty:
    @Pud don't force it. It's just a toothed spindle and the knob goes over it. No glue on mine but maybe they are supposed to have glue. I just slid it off gently.
  • Hapo
    ...I just sent mine to a friend...
  • Vapedude
    It hits HARD.
  • Pud
    It's been a bit with my ditanium and I have to say I love the way it hits and the way it looks... also love being able to add a bit of concentrate to the top whenever I need the additional ooomph! Still using with a waterpiece and the whipless glass from sp setup I made when I first got it and just love that way best for me.
    Comparing it to the weedeater....def like ditanium looks better and that the heater is contained... both are super simple to load but weedeater wins this and weedeater wins for temp precision obviously but I don't need to be exactly any temp as it's good enough... I'm not as picky or finicky as some. I'll def keep both for now as it's a really close call. I can't see ever selling the ditanium though.
  • Bad Dog
    so you don't really see it as a night and day difference more like variations on a theme? Good to know the Ditanium isn't completely blown out of the water. How's the taste on the weedeater? And how are you enjoying the D cup? Do you find yourself doing more separate bowls in the weedeater and D cup or combo dabs with the Ditanium?
  • MothChewMoth
    I'm on a t-break for a while, but coming in with the hot take after picking up a weedeater on black friday.

I like the Ditanium better, for larger bowls. I'm still dialing in the weedeater, but getting a great hit just seems like more work so far. Once off the t break, I'll have more thoughts. Cheers!
  • Hapo
    ...I never tried the Ditanium but it is good to see I didn't send BV a POS...

...I really did wonder how it would compare to the Weedeater...
  • Tdog420
    I would maybe trade my weedeater setup for a ditanium if anyone is interested.
  • Bad Dog
    if I may play devils advocate can I ask why? Is it simple vas or is there a specific attribute of the Ditanium that interest you? I'm not really interested in trading I'm quite happy with my Ditanium and I'm actually going to borrow another members weedeater (I'll leave his name out of it so he's not swamped with similar requests) and I'm very excited to try it. I think the Ditanium is a great little device and I don't think I could be happier than doing a nice combo dab with my favourite strain. It stopped me from smoking so I consider it a rousing success, and it really rings my bell in delivery and aesthetics.
  • BestBuds
    If it is a case of V.A.S. I might be willing to trade for a month.
  • Tdog420
    its simply the exposed heating element. Its a pain w 2 dogs and my wife hates it because it has to stay at the table and almost burns her hair a lot. The ditanium is interesting to me for its heavy hits protected heating element and ability to do both concentrate and flower.

The 2 biggest reasons are my wife and ability to do concentrates. I do love the weed eater for myself.
    It just wont get used enough if the wife dosnt like it. (She vapes almost as much as me. Which is crazy for a female.)
  • iamdiosa
    You just described the reasons I didn't get a weedeater - the exposed heating element, dogs and hair. I liked the enclosed heating element of the Ditanium. Even if the weedeater hits harder, the exposed element was just a no-go. I have spent way too much money on my sleeves to get the infamous "brand' that many seem to sport from the weedeater.
  • Bad Dog
    happy wife happy life am I right. I got a dog to, so I keep it on a somewhat taller table I made for myself and I stand to vape it. It really is very well protected, more than once while putting on my hoodie and stretching my arm into the sleeve I've smacked it while on and never burned myself or my sweeter. It does a nice job with concentrate, not quite as tasty as a cold start dab in my banger but really I would say taste is good to very good but the effects are pretty spot on I can't tell much of a difference between the 2 but I'm also not a dab expert. For me the combo dabs are a absolute joy with my favourite strain and some at least good concentrate, always highly satisfying and probably preferred over just concentrate. One of its flaws is its not much of a micro doser out of the box but you can get basket screens to reduce the chamber size or pick up a Sneaky Pete whipless glass hand piece, it's a favourite of mine for daytime.
  • Tdog420
    kt5ys5f9fh6cjkgn.jpg

Weedeater burn one drunken night lmfao.

True that w the wife. Also im a heavy user w unlimited flower so i enjoy a big bowl and hate micro dosing. Too much repacking.
  • Bad Dog
    then you shouldn't have a problem I find it preformed best with at the very least with a 1/3 of the bowl say around .2-2.5 of a g but for me big full bowls are where it's at at night and one of the main reasons I got it. With good stirring and packing you can pretty much rip though a bowl in like 6 hits. I love how flexible it is on session type, I like to start hitting it around 6-7 o'clock and just take a hit or two every half hour to 45 minutes until I go to sleep but when I wake up in the middle of the night and that's more often than not I back to back at least 4 hits then crawl back to bed with minimal tossing and turning.
  • Hapo

...first...not last...LoL..
  • iamdiosa
    Yep - that's exactly what I don't want/need. :D I think you'd enjoy the Ditanium. It does hit hard. It can do small loads, but I admit I ram mine full for night use. And it is nice to do dabs in but I usually have to turn it down a bit for dabs compared to where I usually run it. My sweet spot was about 2 o'clock. so I took off the knob and put it back on at 12 and just leave it there for flower. No burns, no issues with it at all. I even have "remote start" for it (plugged into a HomeKit switch) so I can turn it on before I want to use. Also have the routine to turn it off at 1 am so if I get too baked it doesn't stay on. (I know it's safe to do, but I'm super paranoid about leaving stuff like that on).
  • Tdog420
    Well if anyone wants to do a trade let me know. Otherwise not bad too be stuck with a weed eater lol.
  • Hapo
    ...those were my thoughts aboot the Ditanuim...LoL...

...I put my V Rod away before I became a vaping injury statistic...

...my lungs were starting to feel like beef jerky...I have a bag of ABV bigger than my head...

...I had already burned the crap outa meslf and a lot of other stuff with in, and had to burn off nylon or polyester a number of times...

...I will say it is a solid tool that held up well, but 52 sure showed one who's boss that tyme…(grin)
  • Bad Dog
    it's kinda like wanting a jack and ginger but all you got is champagne :joke:
  • BestBuds
    @Bud @420vapezone Inspired by you both, I have discovered the 3mm beads work for the Ditanium also. :scream: it's a wmd.

This is some un·ob·di·tain·i·um magic. I feel like green panther! meow.
  • Bad Dog
    now all you have to do is fill the back half of the wand with beads for cooling and put a screen in the tubing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment