• BobCat
    @zancru@Dr green thumb

No one knows.....
    Duct Tape
    Duct Tape vs Duck Tape
    It is a common belief that duct tape, in the years of its early history, used to be called “duck tape”, probably referring to the name of its fabric or to its resistance to water, just like a duck bird. However, according to a research, there is no reference of the name “duck tape” in any document of that time. During the War, the tape simply had no specific name.
  • Dr green thumb
    @BobCat

I said it was both I've seen them in the store together.
  • BobCat
    Tell @zancru. His Latina, not Latino, blood gets boiling, and he becomes incorrigible. :rofl:
  • BobCat
    @zancru @Dr green thumb There are only 2 things I know: tape and zip ties. How else could I keep a wife? Jajaja :rofl:
  • SirCrackKillaH
    that’s cooooooll :D coool pics yo wild man lol
  • Vapedude
    “Consider the following sequence of cases, which we shall call the Tale of the Slave, and imagine it is about you.

1. There is a slave completely at the mercy of his brutal master’s whims. He is often cruelly beaten, called out in the middle of the night, and so on.

2. The master is kindlier and beats the slave only for stated infractions of his rules (not fulling the work quota, and so on). He gives the slave some free time.

3. The master has a group of slave, and he decides how things are to be allocated among them on nice grounds, taking into account their needs, merit, and so on.

4. The master allows the slave four days on their own and requires them to work only three days a week on his land. The rest of the time is their own.

5. The master allows his slaves to go off and work in the city (or anywhere they wish) for wages. He also retains the power to recall them to the plantation if some emergency threatens his land; and to raise or lower the three-sevenths amount required to be turned over to him. He further retains the right to restrict the slaves from participating in certain dangerous activities that threaten his financial return, for example, mountain climbing, cigarette smoking.

6. The master allows all of his 10,000 slaves, except you, to vote, and the joint decision is made by all of them. There is open discussion, and so forth, among them, and they have the power to determine to what use to put whatever percentage of your (and their) earnings they decide to take; what activities legitimately may be forbidden to you, and so on.

7. Though still not having the vote, you are at liberty (and are given the right) to enter into discussion of the 10,000, to try to persuade them to adopt various policies and to treat you and themselves in a certain way. They then go off to vote to decide upon policies covering the vast range of their powers.

8. In appreciation of your useful contributions to discussion, the 10,000 allow you to vote if they are deadlocked; they commit themselve3s to this procedure. After the discussion you mark your vote on a slip of paper, and they go off and vote. In the eventuality that they divide evenly on some issue, 5,000 for and 5,000 against, they look at your ballot and count it in. This has never yet happened; they have never yet had occasion to open your ballot. (A single master may also might commit himself to letting his slave decide any issue concerning him about which he, the master, was absolutely indifferent.)

9. They throw your vote in with theirs. If they are exactly tied your vote carries the issue. Otherwise it makes no difference to the electoral outcome.

The question is: which transition from case 1 to case 9 made it no longer the tale of the slave?”
    EconMan

Very easy this one.

It only took me 10 seconds max. to answer it. No, not because I’m a fast skim reader :).

It was because, I would stop reading and skip to the next paragraph number below, every time that I would encounter the word or words, “they”, “allow”, “allows”, “you are given the right”, and any verb pertaining to some sort of action, on the slave. The word “action,” within this context, iwould include, any kind of psychological acknowledgement as well, from master to slave. Any kind period. There is no compromise. Freedom should be free. Not negotiated in any form or way. Make no mistake, anything in between is corruption. Especially when it is forced upon you, without your consent.

At birth.
  • EconMan
    @Hazel
    My longest relationship, other than my daughter — lol — “Gauss” :love:

8m5cgnahhfovieay.jpeg
  • Baron23
    HI guys - so, I have a surgically back that on MRI's looks like the Road to Damascus....bit of a mess.

But, I really, really, really try to not let it stop me from activities if I can do them. I'm willing to pay the price afterward in order to stay active and engaged. Its kind of a bit of a war with me....me vs back! haha

So, with that in mind I said "fuck it" and joined my friend, Bender, at a GA Quail Plantation outside of Albany, GA. It was PERFECT. Beautiful cabins, wonderful food and open bar, absolutely GREAT guide and dog handler/trainer, great dogs, and Quail that flew hard. Now these are pen raised and released in large qty before the season....so, released (haha, guide called them "liberated" haha) but been out in the wild for 5-6 months. 10% of the birds live to the next year and join true wild covey's and increasing the wild bird population is one of this Plantation's key goals. Our guide, Tucker, did say he knew where there were a couple of true wild covey's and he got us on one....you can tell, suckers break 30 yards out!! We only took a couple of birds out of the wild covey as you don't want to blow them up....better to have them next time.

Here are some pics

Bender and me (Bender is the big mofo).
    vgo9bus9ay4t2bfc.jpg
    3i71tjo1fmpjo486.jpg

Tucker our guide and a great guy....loved hanging with him.
    erqr8i3ihpwx4v5v.jpg

Tucker working two pointers out ahead of us....the flushing dogs stayed back with us until pointers had a bird, then Tucker would send them in to flush. This was the kind of brush we were walking around in for two full days. Oh yeah, I got home at 11pm from the airport and I was beat up and aching to beat the band but you still couldn't wipe that big smile from my face.
    apomw0eu0c6423y2.jpg

Now these are the "hero" pictures! haha This is Tues take...we couldn't miss. Best I have shot in a long time
    ane1p325dopy2uqu.jpg
    pvksg9m3pc8srvts.jpg
    ry6jtb7agtt6ddot.jpg
    hsxf681pp225ocgx.jpg

I'm kind of with Hunter Thompson on this....do what you can while you still can....I'm very grateful that I can still do this kind of thing once in a while.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! — Hunter Thompson
  • EconMan
    Albany, GABaron23

I know that area! South Georgia!.
    Love the pics man :cool: , and am so happy you let yourself get out like that. Sounds cliche, but it helps you long term.... and so cool you get to do a little hunting and from the yield it seems you folks know what your doing. Just love it! :cool:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy

This video makes me laugh
  • MothChewMoth
    I love his videos! I also find these guys extremely amusing :rofl:
  • Dr green thumb
    yvavzidnmtgjnu3i.jpg
    sa21wkwycmi476u0.jpg
    7a2qafzhbh80alej.jpg
    bosd41pau0k83w2q.jpg

One day you will hopefully see all of this.
  • UbarDog

One day you will hopefully see all of this.Dr green thumb

I did! with my own eye's balls!! Just now looking at your post!
  • Ctipp22
    10 of my seeds have sprouted and are on the way
  • Baron23
    Love the pics man :cool: , and am so happy you let yourself get out like that. Sounds cliche, but it helps you long term.... and so cool you get to do a little hunting and from the yield it seems you folks know what your doing. Just love it! :cool:EconMan

Thanks, mate. Yep, I agree with you. I just keep pushing myself as I firmly believe that if I stop it will be all downhill.

We are each and everyone different and what challenges we can still take on differ from one to the other. For example, while I will throw myself into this type of hunt and do my best, I will no longer go out in the marsh in a duck boat at 4 am, breaking ice to set decoys, in freezing weather. Just can't do that anymore.

So, I do pick and choose what to do as we all must.....but continuing to challenge yourself (to the extent you safely can) is the key to me. Its all about just living life.

Another example is this....quail break every which way and stay low. Quite a few break right at the shooter and to take the shot you have to spin around (to the outside, please....no shooting the guide! haha). In some terrain I felt ok to do this but often I just let the bird go as I'm not nearly as nimble on my feet and my back just won't cooperate as it should. So, better to let the bird go, get it later maybe, than try to spin in a thorn thicket and fall with a hot, loaded shotgun.

I have been somewhat misguided in my attempts to push myself. Right after the initial back injury I set off with a trainer to strengthen my core....this was fine. Then, we decided to do some fairly light weight dead lifts...again, great core exercise and just fine. Then idiot me really got into it, set 300 lbs as my goal for a one time lift, and in the process ripped my left distal bicep tendon at 285 lbs and, IMO, managed to fuck up what little remained of my L3/4 disk! haha Like I said, pinche imbécil. haha

O, but after they fixed my arm, I did go back and get the 300 lbs...then I quit! haha

nk5n9syz9kpjh1p9.jpg

Now, I just do cardio and very light weights to maintain some muscle mass....but no heavy lifting anymore.

Wow...can't believe I wrote all of this stuff.....boring and who cares anyway! haha
  • Ctipp22
    got a lot of bird!
  • zancru

Almost there... not easy task.
    I need to visit my friend again, it’s been like a month already.
    I might only have, an ounce left :(
    I always like to have enough, like 2 to 3 ounces, just in case, rough scarce money times arrive.
    In weed terms, a lot is never enough imo.
    Now that I look again, probably 1 1/2 oz left.
    All those jars have small amounts now :(
    71xuit0bkptftyn4.jpeg
  • Ctipp22
    Hell yeah man
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention