• Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I love to skate! I know were not a skateboarding forum. So I'll tie it in:p vaping and skating is a gift from the gods of gods. Check out these cool boards ive built/ in progress
    This is my "slammed board" xbph58ypyope7r2d.jpg
    a1fwhjexjepgoadt.jpg
    q216tcvf1zqkmltu.jpg

And here is my prototype of a freeboard if you havent heard of them youtube it they are insane!!
    rj3khaz8e3vprwm5.jpg
    r7qialccadzxcnez.jpg

And this is isnt even my full collection last board i bought was years ago. Doesnt make sense to buy more so im a mad scientist now. f58f95yzl2tqitpc.jpg

I am currently converting my platic penny longboard there into a full blown snowstorm whip.

I love catsvfu73a5qegt7800r.jpg
  • BestBuds
    Awesome! I love to skate. I did a lot of it in my younger days. I'm too broken to even attempt to stand on one now. :lol:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @BestBuds just crusing for me bro. I couldnt bring myself to launch down stairs anymore...
  • BestBuds
    I would end up a smear.... I used to take my longboard home from school and would sometimes catch a passing truck or suvs bumper to make the ride a little quicker. Lol. No wonder I have the physical issues I have now!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Sadly my skating days pretty much ended with when i got a spiral fracture on my leg at 15
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @SouthboundPachyderm I had to stop freestyling i broke my ankle two years in a row... Cant stop the need for speed on the longboard though.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Nice! I continued to use my board for transportation through my twenties, but i think one of my nephews eventually wound up with my last board. And honestly my knees probably couldn't handle even transport mode any more. Getting old sucks!
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @SouthboundPachyderm my wife and son are ineed of the car more then me. I havent been on a true you ride in forever. I like to make my point a to point b the joy ya know!
  • standingsideways
    @Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Skate, surf or snow I'm happiest when im standing sideways hence my handle!
    I'm currently living in Val D'Isere so don't have my land wheeled decks with me but my Capita Scott Stevens and Jeremy Jones Flagship have got my current environment pretty well covered.
    I to am getting on in years and don't push the kind of tricks I used to but can't stop riding, it's what makes me tick. lcdyfvkb07lach3w.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @standingsideways nice love the Handel!
    Im not currently at home but these are my winter toys when wheather and free time permits.

jjsa2tlsdpwn58ha.jpg

The ski on the two i own dont stick out past the board
  • standingsideways
    @Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Nice, snow skates are great fun. I like your low mounted leopard print deck I bet that slides like a demon. I've been thinking about getting a free board for a while but I worry about the tarmac hits at that speed, I just don't bounce like I used to. I have a MBS mountain board to, great down hill or with a kite.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @standingsideways hey thanks man that thing is a death ride and punishment to move around. I have got some good slides off it and sliding is fun. Everything else about the ride is pure hell hope your going straight cuz turning doesnt happen that easy. Lifting the back end to turn while going fast is interesting... The trucks have no flex i reserve this thing for a special riding place called bay front. Its got some nice slow curves; subtle inclines, awesome scenery, freshwater around you, people just having a good time.

Loving the vapelife stickers on your board man. Ive got a couple on some stuff just waiting for that trippy day!!:nerd:
  • EconMan

I don't skate but I do snowboard which is a bit like skating....
    And I so get what you are saying, and it does relate to vaping. I don't vape to get high, I vape because getting high makes somethings in my life so much more enjoyable.
    So for me, it is Drums. It's near impossible for me to take a great hit, and not hop on my drums for a while.... so again, I get your correlation with your passion and flower. :cool:
  • LabPong
    This is my "slammed board"Tyedyesamuraiguy

No turning allowed eh?

I will take those Indy's off your hands and use them to turn....no prob haaaaa
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @LabPong its possible just not impossible just not an easy task. The bottom of the trucks sit on the grip tape so the bushings in my trucks are prevented drom squishing.
  • LabPong
    LabPong its possible just not impossible just not an easy task. The bottom of the trucks sit on the grip tape so the bushings in my trucks are prevented drom squishing.Tyedyesamuraiguy

lol ok i will trade you some junk trucks off an old sector nine wall hanger....they didnt turn with even Indy Reds in them...haaa

Skateboarding with out turning......... :vomit: hehehe
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @LabPong the best way to do it is lift the back end and pivot the front. When you get really going on that thing its quite the experience to to control it. Its a little like bull riding. Just alot safer.
  • acstorfer
    You young whipper snappers with your skateboards and your rock and roll. Get off my yard (I am shaking my fist up high). Satan is keeping her list up to date (who’s to say if Satan isn’t female?).
  • nowayout
    I've been trying to properly learn how to skateboard ever since I was about 4-5 years old, on and off. I've always been interested in skateboarding, just that my mom would always say that skateboarding was for boys and the fact that we have lived on a dirt road all this time.

I did go snowboarding for about 3-4 years during the winter, but the last time I went I hit my tailbone pretty good and had that bruised for months. But it's been a good while since I have gone last...I'm always getting that urge to just take a trip to the mountains and just go do it though.

Speaking of Freebords, I've had one for several years, never got to really ride it much because it's so flat where I live. Was outside collecting dirt, brought it inside to sell one day... dq2kkowizlso9ab6.jpg

I also recently finally bought myself a longboard back in September, but towards the end of that month I twisted my ankle pretty good(and not skating, just slipped off the steps) and haven't really tried to get back onto it except in my kitchen. lol My ankle is still bothering me because I didn't give it proper rest because of work but we shall see if I can finally get to riding it soon! :)
    wf96j9am0b8trnch.jpg
  • Dr green thumb
    these days they have you up and moving within hours of a surgery. It's been proven to help the healing process. If your ankle is bothering you after months you may want to have it looked at as it's possible it was worse than you thought. Just my thoughts.
  • LabPong
    nappers with your skateboards and your rock and roll. Get off my yard (I am shaking my fist up high)acstorfer

Im 54.......I will not get off your lawn or stop skating! hehehe

Few years back in my old home park...in a shopping mall!
    MeSkateboarding1.jpg

I don't skate vert anymore....Im too broken and battered to take another hard hit. I love hill and slalom skating still.....I cruise a lot now......surf turns for eva'

I think I still have 20-30 decks.....lol
  • Ctipp22
    I grew up skating for my local skate shop. I have 1 complete setup in the garage and I never ride anymore. Too tired from work or is probably go more.
  • LabPong
    LabPong the best way to do it is lift the back end and pivot the front. When you get really going on that thing its quite the experience to to control it. Its a little like bull riding. Just alot safer.Tyedyesamuraiguy

That's called tick-tacking.

I started skating in the early 70's on steel wheels, then clay, then universal urethane wheels....and then it was awesome.
  • nowayout
    @Dr green thumb
    Yeah, it was pretty bruised on both sides. It just really bothers me whenever I extend the ligaments a certain way, not really to walk. Might have to if doing rehab exercises don't work. Been postponing doing them. :/
    And yeah, I noticed that whenever I had a c-section 4 years ago the next day I had to get up and walk. Ugh, don't even want to remember that pain.
    But thanks. :)
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @nowayout get in that rehab you know when your finished your gonna wish you did it sooner! I had a ciatica experience like that phew!
  • Dr green thumb
    I grew up riding g@s skateboards we'd use them every day practicing kick flips, ollys, and riding in my friends garage. His dad had built two half pipes that took up most of a 2 car garage. We didnt have helmets either. Those were some fun days.
  • LabPong
    I grew up riding s@s skateboardsDr green thumb

G&S?
  • Dr green thumb
    yes autocorrect that I didnt catch thank you

s@s to me means shit on a shingle or beef on toast :grin:
  • standingsideways
    @LabPong
    Im 54.......I will not get off your lawn or stop skating! heheheLabPong

Respect Sir, absolutely the way to go. I'm about to hit 37 and working my 10th season in the Alps. I have told myself I need to stay away from the big jumps this year, last time I was here I blew my knee out on a landing and it has not the same since. I'll never give it up though just have to focus on freeride more and I'm happy to say I can still kick the young bloods ass at blasting down the hill. If I ever get to a point where I can't ride there really will be nothing left to do in life but vape my brains out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment