• skibum
    OK, this is my first vape ever, so I understand there is a learning curve! I have read all I can, bought a grinder, tried drying my herb more, tried using more/less herb and something is not right.

The amount of vapor that I get on the first 2 pulls is very low. And I am taking 10+ seconds hard draws. On the 3rd pull then it’s usually OK – but not great.

I use the app to raise the temperature up which helped a little bit.

I am either doing something wrong (very possible!) or something is not right with my MV1.

I wonder if there could be some leakage around the glass pipe. If I move that around to different positions, I sometimes get improvement.

Any suggestions?
  • MustB

Try a fresh crucible with a fully charged battery (3 solid green lights). Have stem about 1/3 the way out and hit it on level 4 (1 red light) for the full 15 seconds (until the unit vibrates strongly the 2nd time and green lights stop scrolling left to right). Do that for 2 - 3 draws and see how it goes.
  • Baron23
    eeeeee, maybe try with not so hard of a draw.

Its not sipping but its not sucking the chrome off of a trailer hitch either.

I bet you get it if you stick with it a bit....
  • skibum

When you say "and hit it on level 4 (1 red light) for the full 15 seconds"

Red light? What red light?

I leave the VH1 plugged in most of the time so it is well charged.

I press on the front button 3 times and I see the 3 green lights. I then hold the other button until it vibrates. I then take a 10+ second draw.

Not sure about a red light... ???
  • acstorfer
    I agree with Baron. Length of draw is more important than intensity. Really try getting to 15 on the first pull. It’s hard at first. When you go around 12 you’re starting to feel your lungs really fill up. It takes a bit but the exhale is much smoother than you think it will be. You may even cough hard a couple times, but it’s only because your lungs are fooled into thinking you’re about to exhale a mad amount of smoke. It is so much smoother than you think it will be once your lungs realize this.

If your herb go a full 15 seconds on one green. It’s flavor country. Usually I get one more pull at one, then play around with 3, 4, and 5 lights. Really, go slow and steady and do your absolute best to get to 15. Trust in the smooth vapor, but you’ll probably cough a couple times.
  • Dr green thumb
    If you have ever sipped a soft drink up a straw that's the same that amount of inhale you want with the ghost. Always start on level 1 it pre heats the coil and extends its life. After level 1 I go to level 3 and get large amounts a vapor.

• MustB

Remove the battery, then reinsert. Hold down ther power button (front silver) to turn the unit on (you should see 3 green lights at this point if battery is fully charged). Then hold power button again once first lights have extinguished, you'll see 3 green, and then, whilst 3 green light are displayed, hold power button once more and this takes you into power level mode. You'll see either amber or red lights. You can cycle through the power levels by tapping the same power button.... 1 amber being level 1, 2 amber = level 2, 3 amber = level 3, 1 red = level 4, 2 red = level 5, 3 red = level 6 (for concentrates). Personally, I hit level 4 fairly consistantly as it produces the results/effects I'm looking for although you may find lower levels suit you better.
  • GHOSTTEAM

Thanks for the tag @Wildcat

Hi @skibum

Virgil here with GHOST Vapes, thanks for posting. I'll get you sorted out as quickly as I can. I'll send you a PM from here as I will be asking for your account information.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • MustB

Hey Virgil, is what the good Dr states above correct? In that, starting on level 1
    pre heats the coil and extends its lifeDr green thumb
    ?

Many thanks in advance.
  • ZRN
    Not sure about a red light... ???skibum

There is a 3 light bar below the silver button on the front of your MV1. I think it is called the mode button. Once the vape is turned on you can use that button to change the temps. If you hold the button down while turned on for 3 seconds you can check the battery charge. While the green battery light is on if you hold the button down for another 3 seconds the temp setting will show 1, 2 or 3 amber lights or 1, 2, or 3 red lights that show the temp your vape is set on. Check the booklet that came with your vape to understand the correlation to the app.

ZRN
  • GHOSTTEAM

Yes, that's the general idea. But I'd say paramount to that (imho) is that it allows one to maximize the flavor and effect of your material. Once you cook a steak well done you’re missing out a ton of flavors and properties in the earlier temps.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • MustB

Tbh, I have started experimenting with the lower temps already, but I started on low (on the original hardware/firmware) and increased to high, when I first started using this vape, as I found it helped the transition from smoking at that time. I was just suggesting this to the OP to see if he got any results, if anything, as it really should do.
  • GHOSTTEAM

You're right t should help, and I'll cross my fingers for good luck :wink:
  • martinstraka8282
    I like the ramp up process for extraction efficiency, but it would be greatly improved by a more convenient, quicker temp change sequence.

Some days I don't have the patience to sit there changing temps and just slap it on Red 2 and cook the shit out of it.
  • Dose
    I think everyone has their own little method, don't think one is right or wrong but I can break down my routine and usage. Granted I'm not really a cloud chaser, I'm looking to get medicated but I do get consistent vape and effects.

I am a fairly new user in regards to dry herb vaporizers, but I've used this routine since my first week with very consistent results.

Vape Routine/Settings

First thing I did was bump my power settings up, I believe you hit both buttons three time and it takes you into "hidden menu". From there I changed the setting from yellow to red (I believe it boosts all the preset heat levels)

• I always start with a freshly charged battery - typically I use a battery for 1-2 crucibles if traveling, at home I always use a fresh battery.
    • Extend the mouthpiece 1/3 of the way (probably subjective but I like a little draw resistance)
    • Start on Low (One Yellow) - do one draw for 15 sec; yields almost no vapor but a TON of flavor.
    • Change temp to Medium (Two Yellow) - do three draws for 15 seconds each; yields good flavor and vapor.
    • Stir and rotate crucible.
    • Change temp to High (Three Yellow) - three more draws for 15 seconds each; diminishing flavor still good vapor.
    • Change temp to F1 (One Red) - three more draws for 15 seconds each; diminished flavour and vapor begins to diminish a bit.
    • Change temp to F2 (Two Red) - rarely use this but typically only do one pull for 15 seconds just to ensure I've finished the crucible.

If you're having issues with lung capacity, try doing some breathing exercises while the vape warms up. I try and do a deep breath in and full exhale prior to drawing on the MV1. I tend to draw at a steady pace (like drinking through a straw). If you get to much vape, slightly increase draw speed. If you get nothing try slowing down slightly until you get the preferred hit.

Breathing Exercise:
    • Exhale until you can no longer exhale
    • Breathe in slowly, filling your lungs as much as possible.
    • Hold your breath for several seconds.
    • Slowly exhale

Grinding

I don't have experience with other grinders but I use a Lincig grinder, I use the medium disc with the beveled side up. I've tried using the finer and coarse disc, but had the most success with the medium one beveled side up. I have friends that have tried other grinders; NewVape Fine grinder and Space Case grinder all with good results.

From my experience the MV1 really likes a medium, medium-fine'ish grind with a very light tamp when packing the crucible.

Strains

Again, I'm fairly new to this whole game but I've used a handful of strains and here's my thoughts:

Blue Dream - Great Vapor, the herb got sticky after the first three pulls but produced a lot of vapor and maintained flavor the longest.

Sour Tangie - Great Vapor, didn't get sticky but produced good vapor throughout the heat range, lost flavor 3/4 of the way through my sessions.

Cookie & Cream - Good Vapor, didn't get sticky but produced good vapor throughout the heat range lost flavor after the first 4-5 pulls.

Girl Scout Cookie - Good Vapor, didn't get sticky but produced good vapor throughout the heat range lost flavor after the first 4-5 pulls

All the herb seemed to be about the same as far as cure, it was all stored the same so not sure if it was different quality or what, but Blue Dream and Sour Tangie were mind blowing and seemed to produce the most vapor.
  • Ctipp22
    People need to understand this unit is heated by your own breath. Draw at the speed in which you think the material is gonna melt off some good shit. Just be patient, mine took me a little to nail
  • Westkvw
    I just got mine tonight and i found if i drew in just until i felt the intial draw resistance and held it 10 seconds and got a solid cloud. If you are drawing hard you may be pulling the air through your product too quickly
  • MrGreen
    Man I did not need this level of teachin to figure out my solo ll!
  • trulukkyphrank

Really good post! Thank you!

I got a question for rotating the crucible. If I rotate the crucible, there is a very small air by pass. I can see this if I remove the heat sink before and then put the crucible in to see how it's in position.. I just wonder if your technique works so well, how is your situation down there?

Maybe I have this gap only BECAUSE I removed the heatsink and the silicon has not the extra pressure. But I can't control this..
    intojr.jpg
  • Dose
    @trulukkyphrank - TBH you probably don't have to rotate the crucible as much as I do, a good stir will probably do. (I like to create repeatable processes for myself)

As far as the air gap, I haven't looked at mine but I'm 100% that will diminish the amount of vapor your getting since a fair amount of air is going around the crucible instead of through the crucible and herb. Even after re-seating it there is an air gap?

@MrGreen - My post was just how I do things, I'm not saying it's ideal for everyone. TBH it could be simplified if you just want clouds and don't micro dose like I do. I think Bud said he just sets it to the highest temp and rips it.
  • MustB

So when people are saying they're rotating the crucible, they're turning it upside-down? I've just been rotating it 180 degrees with the lid side up still, just to change the air flow paths.
  • martinstraka8282
    I rotate mine 180 degrees, no flipping upside down.

Stirring is a PITA with this vape and rotating the crucible instead works pretty well for getting that last bit for me.
  • MustB

That's exactly what I do also. I used to stir, if necessary, but I've found if I rotate it once it suffices.
  • martinstraka8282

Yes, seems to do the trick doesn't it. It surprises me sometimes just how much it can still pull out.

Some may prefer stirring I suppose, but the rotating is easier for me.
  • Dose
    Sorry I meant I rotate it 180 as well, i totally spaced out on the picture. Didn't even know that was possible.
  • martinstraka8282
    Haha I missed that as well. That thing is upside down!!!

No wonder there is a gap!
  • MustB

It looks like when people say 'rotating' they're just rotating the crucible 180 degrees upright, not upside-down. That way you avoid said gap. ;)
  • Frosty1
    Ha, that's brilliant! Always keep the metal lid facing upward, then rotate.
  • trulukkyphrank
    haha so I see I tought about the rotating way to far :lol: Thanks for input

I tried once the technique of rotating upside-down when the vapor dimish, and even with the gap I got some more vapor, because the top is never same cooked as the bottom of the crucible :sweat: But I think this is maybe not so good for the device and silicon seals, because the lid gets ''hotter'' than the ceramic :chin:

From now on I will just turn it 180 degree ^^
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet