• VapeCritic
    Just got the Portside MINI induction heater, I already have the Jarhead and love it, can't wait to use this one, it's battery powered and portable :ok:

dd8tb29zssi6z1qa.jpg
  • Dr green thumb
    how much are these going for?
  • zancru

Awesome.
    I’m getting on that list asap.
    Please let us know.
    Stay vaped.
  • VapeCritic

I paid $105 + $20 shipping (he's in Canada)

:cheer:
  • LabPong
    Just got the Portside MINI induction heater, I already have the Jarhead and I love it, can't wait to use this one, it's battery powered and portable :ok:VapeCritic

Ok just one word of caution......make sure you and Hazel put it away when you are done at night. Otherwise one of you will wake up with a portside pressure dent tattoo. :cool:
  • Bruce
    Love the idea but the big appeal is the ultra pocket-ability. Unless it outperforms desktops with your setup (That would be cool) and I wouldn't be too surprised the Dyna Vap is Dynamite in my opinion. Induction Wow.

Peace, Love & Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Philly
    The mini portside is awesome. Loving mine. Changes the whole dynavap experience.
  • Baron23
    What ever happened to DyanVap's development of an induction heater???

Anybody?
  • Dr green thumb

Dynavap has another announcement tonight. And they have been talking about new and exciting products coming out. So maybe tonight they will shed some light on it in their live stream or maybe they have colored titanium or something else.
  • warren0728
    i still wish they would bring back the carbon fiber stem ...
  • bum karacho
    i still wish they would bring back the carbon fiber stem ...warren0728

thats true
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I wouldn't mind a sandblasted M either. But the carbon fiber was dope for sure
  • VapeCritic
    Look at this cheeseball

• Dr green thumb
    I kind of like the way you can pick your temp by where you hold the lighter. From the way this is set up you only get one heat level since it is triggered by a switch inside the heater. My thought is that's like running your car at full throttle all the time.
  • warren0728
    so i noticed you are continually pushing the vapcap down on the button for the duration of the heatup. i thought you could just put the vapcap in, push to trip the button and then release until it's heated.

are all the current ih varities setup this way. i really want one where you just sit the tip in the ih unit and wait for the click without having to physically hold the vapcap down with pressure.

hope this makes sense ...
  • Baron23
    Hi Warren....I'm fairly sure its just a push to actuate....kind of a safety feature...rather like a dead man switch. You stop holding it down, it turns off.
  • Chandler
    @VapeCriticyou prefer the portside over using a torch? Would you consider PSM to be a must have for dynavaps?
  • EconMan
    I was in a client's office the other day who is a dentist. In the corner he has a place where he sculpts teeth with wax. He needs to warm his instruments to melt the wax. I noticed this device, and asked him about it and he said that's how he heats his instruments. He stuck a scalpel in there, and the blade glowed hot. I took the name down and did a little research.... You know what I was thinking....:nerd:

$55.
    https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-electronic-Induction-Carving-Smedent/dp/B00CJ6SF5A
  • twhc291
    @VapeCritic Which of the 2 heaters you have used so far so you prefer?
  • Other Side
    What's up @VapeCritic. I also received one of these recently. I'm really digging it. For me it makes for the perfect DynaVap hit. I got pretty good with the torch but this makes it nearly automatic!

@Baron23 I asked recently and they said they were having some issues with it. I suspect that put it on the back burner until they make it through the holiday season.
  • Baron23
    Baron23 I asked recently and they said they were having some issues with it. I suspect that put it on the back burner until they make it through the holiday season.Other Side

Thanks, mate....yeah, its been hanging out there for a while and I can't think that its too very hard of a project for an electrical engineer.....but perhaps harder to do than it appears.
  • warren0728
    thanks baron ... not sure i like that feature but i think some of the other builders don't have that?
  • Summer
    @VapeCritic, Pipes says you should test the load in use. Engage the battery charge indicator & then heat the vc to see your charge level under load. With my PS, even though all the 3 blue lights are lit up when the battery tester is checked without load, under load, I'll only have1 blue light. When it winds up on green or red, I'll recharge.

Here's what Pipes said on pass-through charging:

"Just let it get a few minutes worth of charge first if the batteries are completely flat.
    Here's some fun math.
    I determined it takes about 80 mAh of power per bowl. Based on an 800 mAh battery giving an average of 10 sessions per charge and 4 heat ups per bowl. Therefore, it takes around 20 mAh per hit. Now the charger charges at 1000 mAh or 16.7 mAh per minute. So, this means it takes 1.2 minutes to recover after a heat cycle or roughly 5 minutes to achieve enough for a session."
  • beezee420
    HahHa Nice. I have a different version and works great!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment