• Papic914
    Definitely want a Ih heater for my vapcap saw the flux heater runs on three 18650 which looks more convenient that the plug in and charge port side mini. Both look great but I’m going to wait for flux to send there’s out and reviews start coming out to choose one. Then I got to upgrade to a Omni xl :cool: lol
  • Other Side
    the portside mini runs on batteries too. Also offers pass through options for AC.

I was actually surprised on Bud's comments on charge. I have been using mine for weeks on a single charge so for me the batteries work great!
  • UbarDog

But buds "Light use" is a zip :D not a 8th
  • EconMan

Alexis is Old School :cool:
  • beezee420
    my battery works great too so far!
  • Papic914
    awesome bro thanks for the info. Cuz I have 18650s handy so that would b ideal one of these two will definitely b mine in the near future.
  • Other Side
    for clarification you need to take screws out to change the batteries. It's not just slide a door off and swap them out but yeah for me they seem to last a good while. But that said in have another buddy complaining about his battery life which leads me to believe there might be some bad cells that both he and Bud are using or possibly something wrong with the build itself which is draining them too quickly. I really don't know.....
  • Papic914
    thanks for clearing that up I think that’s going to sway my decision if the flux heaters are good.
  • Other Side
    yeah I figured you were thinking that so that's why I clarified. :up:
  • VapeCritic

I'm going to make a note to look into this, thanks bro! I feel like mine should be lasting longer per charge and if yours is then now I really think so :chin:
  • EconMan
    I heard "math" and came running. :nerd:

Here's some fun math.
    I determined it takes about 80 mAh of power per bowl. Based on an 800 mAh battery giving an average of 10 sessions per charge and 4 heat ups per bowl. Therefore, it takes around 20 mAh per hit. Now the charger charges at 1000 mAh or 16.7 mAh per minute. So, this means it takes 1.2 minutes to recover after a heat cycle or roughly 5 minutes to achieve enough for a session."
    Summer

This would make for a great Middle School math problem. "How many batteries does Johnny need to get and stay high...." lol :joke:

I did do an experiment one semester in an intro econ class. Instead of using "widgets" when talking about demand and supply, I used weed. Every concept was applied to weed. I had near perfect attendance, grades were up, lots of new econ majors, but it seemed a few parents were dismayed. lol
    Thank goodness for tenure.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I find I have to charge my portside mini daily or it will crap out on me half way through day w. But i use my IH for work and average 1 or 2 vapcaps an hour so I'm definitely putting it through its paces. But if i charge it that day I have never had it die on me in the middle of a shift.
  • Chandler
    I have been using mine for weeks on a single charge so for me the batteries work great!Other Side
    Weeks?? Do you use your psm everyday? I find based on my usage, if I'm relaxing I can vape probably close to a gram before the battery dies off a full charge. For me that's up to approx. 10 sessions... I enjoy low temp vaping, so it's easy for me to do multiple back to back sessions and run out of juice unexpectedly.

So basically, I have to charge mine daily Which to me is normal. The recharge is quick, I'd say less than an hour to reach full charge
  • Other Side
    Well I don't use it everyday. I have a lot of vapes and I like to rotate. But am sure I have gotten over 10 sessions on a charge. I'll charge mine full and start keeping track.
  • Chandler
    That makes sense! In that case it's good to know it can hold a charge for extended periods of time without use!
  • Alex Hand
    I don't have any induction heaters, and I usually use a butane torch for my vapcap, but I'm curious if the heating element in the cavity is on the walls or the floor. In other words, when you put the vapcap in, is the heat coming up directly to focus on the tip, or the sides? I get hugely different results holding the torch in different places and I usually aim much further back than the very tip so by the time the tip heats up enough to click with the expanding discs, the herb that's further in has had time to heat up as well.

As another poster mentioned, I'd like to see one of these heaters come with a mode option to heat without having to hold it down the whole time, and it would be amazing to have one focusing on vapcaps which would pop out and stop heating when the click happened. Then you could have a desk rig where a glass piece has a hose connected to the vapcap while it sits in the heater, you push it down, it heats till the click then stops heating, you inhale through the glass, nothing burns and you push it down again next time you want to hit it. Then you take the vapcap and a torch lighter when you leave the house and have an ideal desk rig and tiny portable rig without having to buy two separate vapes.

I'm really not into these $400 desk units or battery powered portables that are always dying (basically all of them). It's weed, it's supposed to be simple.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    with the portside it heats from the sides. When you place your cap in the coil. You can heat a couple seconds (no more than a couple seconds or you will combust) past the click to simulate heating lower on the cap. There is a button on the inside of the coil you need to press with your vapcap to activate the heater. Said button also helps make sure you vapcap is in the ideal position for heating. For me the torch wont ever get fully replaced as I like the ritual of heating the cap, and it does offer more control than the IH, but for out and about or just simplifying use the IH is a game changer, every VapCap owner should have one. IMHO
  • Paul247to
    somthing wrong there for sure. I've had my jarhead for about 2 months now. works perfect everytime. there was no learning curve, just insert, press lightly wait for click and boom consistant vape every time. I can go with the click for 5 heat cycles or up to 4 secs after click for 4 heat cycles. I have only combusted once after zoning out after a hit and missing the click.

sorry to hear ur having trouble. i love my jarhead so much. i've just received parts to build my own portable IH

Hey Bud, here is a link for disassembly and reassembly of the Portside Mini
    change battery in less than a minute to cure your problems :) Portside teardown

also here is Pipes info page for anyone interested Pipes INFO

He's got lists and links for all the parts for anyone that loves to DIY
  • LabPong
    I'm really not into these $400 desk units or battery powered portables that are always dying (basically all of them). It's weed, it's supposed to be simple.Alex Hand

Vaping has many variances and abilities pending on hardware.....it is sometimes anything but easy. But also.....combusting anything is easy as well huh.

You do not need to spend $400 to get a top shelf experience though. Elev8r is a prime example..and soon the G43 when it is fully released.
  • VapeCritic
    Hey Bud, here is a link for disassembly and reassembly of the Portside Mini
    change battery in less than a minute to cure your problems :) Portside teardown
    Paul247to

Hey thanx!! Do you think I just need to replace the battery? I'll take it apart next stream :cool:
  • Startedat52
    Mine shipped today, I can’t wait!
  • Startedat52
    OMG, this thing works even better then anticipated! Heats up faster then a torch, massive hits and even abv. One of the few things that lives up to all the hype! If you love your Vapcap, get one! Received exactly one week after it shipped from Canada.
  • Philly
    Was just using mine this morning. Love it.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    How much do these go for?
  • Paul247to
    Portside Mini is $105. usd. it's worth every penny
  • Startedat52

$105 plus shipping. $125 total shipped to US
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy

Not bad at all ive been looking at the fluxer top is think its a little more compact
  • Startedat52

It does. I’m on the list for one of the second batch. The PSM will probably be for home use and the Fluxer will probably be my portable even though the psm is quite portable itself.
  • Startedat52
    Well this thing has changed my VC into an animal! Experimenting on how long after the click I can go I discovered a second click about 3-5 seconds after the first click. This happens with two different caps. With a torch I sometimes get two clicks but they are very close together, like within half a second. Stopping after one click is very similar to using a torch. Stopping after the second click on the second heat cycle of a new bowl I swore I combusted. Thick vapor for 3 short to medium draws, kinda had a brown tint to the vapor(maybe, lol). But when I emptied the bowl it was an even light dry yellow, not even brown yet. The next bowl was the same way but I kept going for 5-6 heat cycles till it tasted bad. Highest I have ever gotten on this particular strain that I have used with a torch before.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment