• GhostMV1User
    http://tiny.cc/ljeh1y

Local news out here in NorCal said the local director was fired and the facility voluntary gave up it's testing license for 6 months.
  • EconMan
    Wow! That doesn't build credibility!
  • TheZman
    That's the Wild West for you. It's a shame. I dont understand what the testing facility benefits from by doing this? Unless there getting kick backs from the growers to forge the results? Ridiculous.
  • Baron23
    I dont understand what the testing facility benefits from by doing this?TheZman

Keep business going. There are many labs to choose from so growers can cherry pick to an extent.

I don't know of any labs in MD that are faking results like this article documents in CA, but I do know that growers shop for labs to get the highest THC results as that's the headline that sells.

IMO, lab fees and processes need to be standardized by state regulation and then growers assigned to labs to eliminate the inherent conflict of interest.
  • TheZman
    From what I can tell here in Pennsylvania there doing it the right way. Only like 3 testers that ALL the growers have to send there products too. I'm sure it's still not perfect but definitely not a mess like it is out West.
  • Baron23
    Zman, we have three companies in MD also...but the growers get to select which one they want to use, the testing procedures are NOT standardized, and THC results can vary from one lab to another on the same product...so, who you going to hire...the lab that gave your flower a 21% THC figure or the one that give it 24%?

See what I mean?
  • LabPong
    All the more reason to grow your own if you can.
  • TheZman
    Oh I know. I agree. But theres other issues besides THC% results. Like pesticides and chemicals. But faking results is a lot different then a 21% to 24% discrepancy. That could come down to different equipment and a different batch of cannabis being tested. Even in the same batch theres sometimes a 3% swing in the same facility. One bud could be more dense on the same plant then the one right down below it or to the side if it. Same with the oil concentrates. When I here faking results I would think its bigger discrepancy and also passing products that fail the chemical test. That's when theres a real issue.
  • TheZman
    If I could in would 100%. Not allowed to in Pennsylvania. They would lose to much profit. That's what it always comes down to in this state. Profit over people.
  • Baron23
    But faking results is a lot different then a 21% to 24% discrepancy. That could come down to different equipment and a different batch of cannabis being tested.TheZman

What I'm trying to say is that I have spoken to head cultivators at a couple of our growers and yes, they know that the various labs give different test results.... and of course they favor the labs with the highest %, right?

I'm not saying this is like lying about pesticides...what happened in N Cali is atrocious.

I am trying to say is there is no standardization (at least in MD), that labs have a profit motive to be accommodating to growers, that test results are not necessarily as rock solid an indicator as people sometimes think, and this incident in CA is just really just more extreme than most.

We have a grower in MD (big $$) that has been accused of using pesticides against rules and has been suspended pending the results of the investigation. Big money often results in bad ethics.

I think mostly we are in violent agreement.

PA did a great job of opening their program without too much delay or drama...vice MD.

Did I ever tell you that I'm boy OG from Pittsburg? Looooooong time ago.

Cheers
  • juxt

I think the guy in Cali was just inept ... not sure he was trying to fake for real, just didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. "The equipment wasn't working, I kept hoping to get it figured out the next day"
  • Baron23
    Ah....that's actually reassuring. I would hate to think he was willing to throw people under the bus for a few more shekels.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment