• Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @VapeCritic have you ever repaired anything youve broken :blush:

i spent alot of money on this bizzle a long time ago and i refuse to see it "refuse" :nerd:

It is just a small chip in the corner i was thinking that aquarium sealent would be a safe option. Just based off of how sensitive fish are.

Now that i am typing this i think that maybe i could buy a clone your bone kit and make a little rubber or silicone stopper i could probably just clone my bone.

But seriously i am open to better or more experiened ideas.
  • EconMan
    Is it going to get hot?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @EconMan i am a huge fan of hot water in my bong! But my main focus is just tp be able to use it again
  • EconMan
    I meant is the damage in an area that gets hot....real hot.... vaping hot?

I have fixed chips in glass before with these kits at hardware stores, but they won't work well with extreme temps.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @EconMan this didnt go through with the original post r09uc7lthxt1c5ot.jpg
  • EconMan
    Ok, I see. Yeah, not a chip but a hole. I guess this takes a glassblower's skills?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @EconMan that's what i was thinking too dab a little glob on there right. Sometimes they are in the mall ill use the sticky brick flip and my charm as leverage. "It doesnt have to look like a dolphin or anything just give me a glob"
  • Dr green thumb
    I would try one of 2 products. 1 is glass glue by loctite, 2 is pc7 which is an epoxy that bonds to glass. Both are at hardware stores and amazon and both are under $10
  • UbarDog
    Yea the 2 part epoxy make sure its food safe. Use tiny amounts at a time to fill up area . Get some parchment/silicon non stick to give you some suport. Should do the trick.

But 1st and most importantly. Clean the whole area . Any contaminants will mess up the bond.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Dr green thumb @UbarDog thanks guys a good idea if i find something safe.

I just remembered when i was making my own ear gauges out of old skateboards I didnt have the right tools to make them out of skateboards popsicle sticks give the same effect. I needed to think of a glue though that was safe to wear in your ear i came across the idea of using tree sap. I could probably just fill it in with a bunch of that maybe. I dunno were gonna find out.
  • LabPong
    I needed to think of a glue though that was safe to wear in your ear i came across the idea of using tree sap. I could probably just fill it in with a bunch of that maybe. I dunno were gonna find out. .Tyedyesamuraiguy

Dude....seriously....if your going to do that.....smash that thing and start over! DHGate is your friend. Or if you are in USA.....I can send some glass for a good deal....I got a bunch to get rid of.
  • MothChewMoth
    whatcha getting rid of? Sounds like you need a good FS post on your glass
  • LabPong
    Yea..this weekend I will take some pics and put a few things together....like a full elevator rig on a dual stereo matrix with water carb hole. Then a couple bigger pieces and maybe a smaller one.
  • Magicman
    GORILLA GLUE.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @LabPong i can't let go it's all i have left of how irresponsible i used to be :yikes: im not really lookimg for anything new. Get this a guy at work gave me a mini rig for helping him at work lol which i told him i was going to help him anyway first male bong ive ever owned i guess that means im bocurious :rofl: i also appreciate the offer of a good deal bro! Thank you! :cheer:

@Magicman i got some gorilla bomb growing right meow i think i just found the tree sap :chin:
  • juxt
    Tough one, you should definitely get someone to do it if you can. Only advice I'll add is that if you can stuff something in there to provide positive back pressure to the expoxy it'll work better...I've had some luck with tape in the past, but looking at your pic I'd doubt you can get it in there. If you're more worried about having epoxy in the water there are food grade silicone sealant kits that would work but would be pretty fragile unless you get one of the professional ones that you have to heat and set which are more rigid.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @LabPong 7 years ago i salavged this beast from the trap as you can see it had the itch and went back to the crack...

@juxt i was thinking silicone they make whole bongs outa the stuff
  • LabPong
    I have used food grade silicone to fix small crack leaks in a few rigs....but the large hole is a hard one to do with soft silicone filler alone...as juxt noted you would need something more solid and rigid to setup and be the filler in such a large hole.
  • GhostMV1User
    FlexTape!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzN6FM5x_E

Disclaimer: I've never used this but the commercials look pretty damn cool and if it works, there is no glue/epoxy stuff to deal with.
  • UbarDog

That guy had me in stitches , i think i'm a bit hi :D
  • GhostMV1User
    @UbarDog best way to watch infomercials. Lol.

I still want to try that product...
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @GhostMV1User I will be looking into that!!
    And thanks everyone super helpful!!! :cheer:
  • GhostMV1User
    @Tyedyesamuraiguy if you end up using the tape, and again I've never tried, please let us kno how it worked
  • howie105
    High temp silicon sealer, they make a food safe mix for kitchen and BBQ use. It adheres well and is relatively cheap and stable. You can usually find it on Amazon and its common enough to possibly find it in a local brick and mortar store. I wouldn't use it too closely to heater but for your use I think it will work, maybe.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I think i am going to use aquarium sealent it claims to be non toxic when cured and i trust it to a degree I'm going to use some sort of medical grade plastic i have at the house to act as much of a barrier as it can against the sealent. I will post it on here when i execute.
  • EconMan

Exciting. Looking forward to the solution report :)

Also, just in case you have not seen this, it might be a part of a solution..... ??
    I think with that size hole alone, the sealant will fail. It works for aquariums because it is used as an application of glue, but you have an actually hole in the hull of your ship that needs some "structure".

I broke an expensive dab rig (recycler tube), took it to a local glassblower, and he fixed it near like new. A similar problem. He only charged me $60. Took him 15 minutes. I complained about the price and he said he wasn't paid for what he did, but what he knows.... fair enough. My rig is like new.

I fixed a hole in a home window once with something like this below. You have to be patient. Apply multiple times until the hole gets smaller and smaller.... will perhaps take a whole day but it WILL work if you're just patient. Won't be as pretty as a glassblower result, but it does work. If you're patient, it won't even be that noticeable.

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-50112-Clear-0-85/dp/B009EU5ZM0/ref=sr_1_7?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1544893474&sr=1-7&keywords=glass+repair
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment