• SouthboundPachyderm
    you could heat one hell of a vapcap with that beast of a coil
  • RollingStoned
    jn2kfulgu9jhqt36.jpeg

Received my 16mm coil back from repairs. I am glad Jeff finally discovered the issue he had with his heaters and has found an alternative solution. He has started to use a new TVS diode that he will incorporate into all the new fluxers going out. My unit performs much better now than before. He was able to tighten my coil and now i have to pull right at the click, when before i would wait 2-3 seconds post click. I have seen a lot of induction heaters for sale on reddit, but are all hand made with cheap parts and no degree or low degree of experience. The PSM has laughable battery life, its so disappointing having to charge it twice a day, and also the psm takes a few seconds after the click. If anyone has had any interest in an induction heater, i highly recommend getting on the list and waiting. The only other induction heater i have had interest in is the Lucid Customs mini, but its all plastic and does not have removable batteries :( also it is priced higher then fluxer.
  • Mangu
    Can’t wait for my fluxer!! But for now I still have to appreciate my PSM....I had no intent on picking one up but they became available while the fluxer is still being finalized so I’m really glad I have it in the first place. IH definitely puts dynavaps way above the competition.
  • Pakalolo2
    Congrats, I am excited to see Jeff has finally sorted out the issues that have delayed his production. He emailed me the other day that my Custom Cherry cased Fluxer is in the works!
    :cool: :fire:
    Enjoy the new addition to your vaping family!
  • RollingStoned

Hope yours comes soon brother, it will be worth every second you waited. Trust me. Wood enclosure is really neat, im glad he offers different option.
  • Baron23
    Lucid is not all acrylic. You can get wood or metal.

Mine is wood top and bottom w acrylic sides and screws to get in and change batteries. Wood enclosures also do this.

I can’t say it’s the best because I haven’t used any others but it works wonderfully and works when pulled at the click.

I’m very satisfied w the unit and Lucid’s comm during ordering.

5i8jr7m317lfcohc.jpg
  • MothChewMoth
    he doesn't do wood anymore, which is a bummer. Just found this out a couple days ago while emailing back and forth. Prices also increased during our conversation. This is really disappointing, as I thought the beautiful wood design really was Lucid's probably distinguishing factor vs PSM or Flux.

I dislike the look of the metal one; even with designs it looks like a brick of lead and just isn't super attractive imo. The acrylic is ok and I'm sure can by cool under the right circumstances, but I don't think either are for me.

To bring this back around, pretty sure I'm waiting for the Flux. Looks great, excellent form factor, and checks all my functionality boxes.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    No more wood? Very dissapointing. Those are some beautiful pieces
  • MothChewMoth
    yep, I was going to order one but he said the time and effort just didn't make sense anymore. Womp womp.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    lameee. I agree the metal looks like a lead brick. :vomit:
  • Baron23
    yeah, I didn’t like the metal one either and surely he can find a better metal enclosure.

I’m surprised about the wood, however, as he touted that he could do any desired design on them and he was still offering wood when I bought mine which was just a couple of months ago at most.
  • MothChewMoth
    he said he's also dialed back on the more complicated customizations.
  • UbarDog
    Shame its what set him apart from the others .
    Received my repaired(I dropped it and broke the glass), coil changed from 14mm to 15mm and updated to my liking internal red when activated only LED. So far so good! The 15mm turned all the way up felt like my 14mm, turned down to minimum and it’s perfect for fully charged batteries, might have to turn it up as battery voltage drops but won’t know for a few more bowls, this thing lasts forever compared to my PSM which is now dedicated to nightstand and will probably be plugged in most of the time(the PSM is a workhorse and has never failed!). And yes my cells are wrapped (in clear which I don’t recommend because it’s hard to see when the wrap gets nicked and will change to a solid color from now on).
    u5hhlx91e3cgyi76.jpeg
    upq7nxtyofr32lc3.jpeg
    ru102g8yt2kqg46i.jpeg
  • Terpenetime
    I looked at all the IH’s on the market and concluded that the Fluxer would be the one most suited to my requirements once the issues had been sorted out, which they now appear to have been. Jeff’s updates on FC have been extremely informative and confidence inspiring and have helped maintain my interest in the product.

I’m looking forward to getting mine almost as much as the G43... the only question is which will come first
    Received my 15mm unit on Friday night, I have put about 21 loads through it and it still has two led’s left on battery charge(I replace batteries when it gets to one). Figured I should get about 30 and it’s looking good!
  • MothChewMoth
    Man, I'm super excited about trying this out! Hopefully my number gets called soon now that production is coming.
  • Mangu
    Getting ready to place an order.....so excited!!!! :cheer:
  • treecityrnd
    Sorry :( I got the last wooden Lucid Custom. And it's definitely a "custom". It's still in the works, I'll post pics here or IG when it comes.

But I'm excited to try the flux and I've been waiting hear some positive news on the updates. Thanks all! I like the form factor of the flux from the pics vs. my Lucid which will be a desktop unit.
  • MothChewMoth
    it just really is such a bummer, because the wood and price were there reasons I was interested. With those perks gone, I'm 100% waiting for a fluxer. And a cauldron haha!
  • treecityrnd
    I want the cup holder form for the car ;)

One cup holder for my IH.
    One cup holder for my mini Yoshi heater.
    Road trip engaged.
  • Baron23
    Nothing to be sorry about with me....I still love my little mini.

But I am interested in how the Flux comes out. I just didn't feel like getting into a continuous product improvement program with him as he refined his design. I think I remember him first coming on FC and asking some basic electrical design questions (but maybe I got the wrong guy...who knows).

Please do let us know how you like your Fluxer when you get it.

eykpgn9kdosqmd58.jpg
  • LabPong
    Just putting it out there for those that have never used an IH. You will be more happy with your purchase if the IH has the on/off switch for the heater at the bottom of the coil....so when you put your vapcap in there it actuates the heater and then when you pull the vapcap out....the heater is off.

Compared to the ones where you have to physically turn the heater on and off.......this simple switch location is key for using an IH i feel. After using the Pipes Jarhead, and Skeletor (now the kit version with some minor differences), I would never use an IH without the heater switch in the bottom of the coil.

And if you pay over $100 for an IH without that......i feel bad for you.....sorry.
  • Magicman
    Hey guys! My 14mm blue Flux Deluxe had to return to its creator twice for Mosfet issues, whatever. Now it works great and Jeff is a man that stands by his product. He reimbursed me for shipping both times even though I told him not to worry about it. It is a very low profile device that works like a champ. No battery.charger is required, as the batteries will charge in the device with the provided AC adapter.
    z3nev3ttcfp3hew6.jpg
  • MothChewMoth
    I dig that setup. Something to keep in mind once my name comes up on the waiting list :grin:
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet