@acstorfer posted in another thread about installing the crushables upside down and thought that was impossible. It’s not if you turn the unit upside down and install just like normal only from the bottom. Anyone else try this or am I the only one that hasn’t figured this out? Thank you @acstorfer for teaching me this!

iirr2yqlvakuntku.jpeg
    muxr00kecpvxtdbj.jpeg
  • acstorfer
    ***** I deserve no credit, I’m just paying it forward :) *****

Again, just to be perfectly clear, just for the last pull or two instead of physically stirring the crucible at the end.
  • Terry1951
    IMO this is not a great idea as the lid of the crucible scrapes against the silicon. Over time I reckon it could cause problems.

I turn the crucible 180 degrees for the last few tokes.

Scrapes the silicone on the top when inserted normal just the same. I’m trying it tonight!
  • 415vapor
    not arguing, but doesn't the lid "scrape" against the top silicone piece anyway? 180 turn is a good idea too! 180 + flip + 180 might be easier than stirring!! I'm anti-stir so anything helps!! I'd also add you have to be careful opening it because the lid, the contents and the crucible would all hit the floor. Right??

Yes and yes. Have to remember to turn unit upside down when removing an upside down crucible which might be hard to remember if all goes as planned while using :lol:
  • Terry1951

I tried it a few times when someone suggested it a good few months ago.

Sure it does extract those extra tokes, but after a while I just didn't feel comfortable with it rubbing against the bottom silicon.

The flange on the bottom one is quite thin compared to the top one. The top one can be removed and cleaned, or so I'm told. Haven't tried it. But the bottom one would involve taking the unit apart which would void the warranty.

I'm usually stoned using it so maybe I just got paranoid about screwing it up.

Maybe I'm being over cautious, but better safe than sorry. I'd hate to be without it.

And cool man, I'm not arguing either. just a different perspective.
  • Terry1951

As far as I can remember, the Ghost guys weren't mad keen about people doing it.
  • martinstraka8282
    Eh, I'm fine with a 180 rotation. Would rather leave a tiny bit not extracted than risk damage or have to stir.

I've tried throwing a collection of my ghost avb in my EQ and all I got were small bad tasting whispy pulls, so I was convinced it's not worth worrying about.
  • Dr green thumb
    I go with heat rises so therefore I keep my vapes upright as I don't want to ruin them.
  • 415vapor
    I guess it's all sort of random (ie too many variables) - I've taken ghost avb and put in a dosing capsule in crafty and got 2 massive hits!! lol. But really I don't worry too much about full extraction from avb. More an experiment since ghost avb from my use was a very light brown.

ya, just upside down for loading/unloading. But maybe just a 180 turn is sufficient.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    The 180 turn is what I do and that works the same. Really I think regardless of if you flip it like this or rotate it 180 degrees, that change is enough to force the air to move differently through the crucible and will have the similar if not almost exactly the same as far as results are concerned. Flipping it I could see myself opening it rightside up and spilling it everywhere..
  • juxt
    I tried this a while ago, I think it stimulates VAS more than anything...
  • 415vapor
    :rofl: You might be right because I sold my ghost and now i want one to try this method....but i have an evo (first desktop for me) coming tomorrow so that will hold me over for a bit.
  • MustB
    I rotate 180 degrees with the lid side up. My concern when I saw this was that the metal lid may get hotter than the usual crucible ceramic bottom, being that much closer to the heater, and therefore melt the silicone directly underneath. Not sure it'd become that hot but it crossed my mind.
  • martinstraka8282
    I would imagine there's some variables here as well. I like to pull and pull until it's long gone, and then I rotate and pull a few more, so perhaps I've exhausted it more by the time it made it to my EQ.

I also plan to make butter out of my AVB, so I've been less concerned in general about complete extraction. Interesting experiment though, good to know it works without any obvious issues. In an ideal world, their crucible would have been designed with this flipping idea in mind.
  • 415vapor
    good point!! I know its talked about somewhere, but this is high temp silicone and I know some of it can handle up to 550F which you vape at lower than 420 which means the metal would be lower than that....but yes i think it's mentioned somewhere the temp limit of this silicone.
  • G-love
    Hi have not used my MV1 in a while. Tried and it is just stuck on 3 red concentrate level. I uninstalled the app and no go. Just stays with 3 red. Can anyone help? I want to try to use it again! Thank you
  • MattFish

Good thinking on posting this, I didn't find out until earlier today as well. Just tried flipping the crucible for the first time, no noticeable vapor. But then again, maybe the bowl was already extracted lol!

Trying another in 20minutes or so. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
  • screwattack
    my technique has been a little different than what ive seen. i just got a mv1 (stealth) a few weeks ago and i am a stickler for fuly extracted avb and after my first few bowls i was dissapointed in that aspect, coming from the mighty which can fully evenly extract. i also hate stirring so found that my fav technique has been to take a hit, rotate the device (so fire button is hit with index finger) instead of rotating the crucible. it seems to do the same thing without having to open the door. then after 3 or 4 hits and rotations i take out the crucible, and dump out the avb into my hand and pour it back into the crucible so that what was on top is now on the bottom and vice versa. then i get a hit that is bigger than all the rest but not tasty, and then a few more wispy ones. i get damn near fully vaped bud at the end. for the record i vape at level 5 (406F for mine) from first to last hit.
  • Baron23
    Did you pull the battery?
  • G-love
    Hi @Baron23 yes many times. Tried another battery as well. Last time I used it I tried it with concentrates, it didn't work, I got fed up and put it in a drawer. Tried to use it today and no go. Thanks for replying.
  • juxt

3 reds is a code right? @ghost-ops@GHOSTTEAM

I don't remember how to do a reset, but maybe that would be good...I tried tagging the good guys though.
  • MattFish
    Okay so I just had a session. I packed to crucible roughly 3/4 -7/8 full. No tamp whatsoever, just a few taps to the side of the crucible to level everything out. I find this technique gives me the most even extraction.

Started and finished at Level 5 (215°C for me)
    I got two massive rips, then one slightly smaller but still big rip. At this point I could taste that the bowl was pretty close to done.

I took the crucible out, gave it a shake or two (remember only filling slightly less than full) and then replaced the crucible upside down.

Normally there wouldn't be much of anything left in the bowl and I would discard it so I didn't have high expectations. I kept the temperature at 215 despite recommendations to lower it. Instead I drastically increased my draw speed. Well I ended up getting one more big rip out of her.

Opened up the crucible and found what has the be the most even AVB I've ever gotten in this vape. I'm definitely gonna have to try this technique some more.

Thanks for the recommendations!
  • GHOSTTEAM

Thanks for the tag @juxt

Hey @G-love

Virgil here with GHOST Vapes, sorry to hear you've been having trouble. 3 flashing red LED indicates the device is in Concentrate Mode. If it's something more complicated, the 3 red LED is present in a few different ones so it's imperative to get a visual reference of what's happening so that we can confirm. It could be that the battery has run out of juice seeing as the vape hadn't been used in a while.

Whenever the battery reaches critical battery level, we recommend replenishing the charge using the micro-USB. I recommend trying this and then attempting to turn on the vape again.

Please let me know how it goes. Eager to get this resolved for you.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • G-love
    Hi @GHOSTTEAM I really want to fire her up! But it just stays 3 red LEDs. Not flashing. Just solid. I did charge both batteries with the fast charger until they turned green. Even uninstalled the app then put it back. Maybe I hit lock my vape by accident but I already deleted that vape but I can't re-connect. If I hold both buttons down to connect it just stays red. Never had a problem before like this. Hopefully can figure it out here as I want to re-investigate this vape. I did enjoy it very much for a while. Thanks!
  • GHOSTTEAM

I hear ya and I'm excited to see your experience improve. I'd like to have that unit evaluated but will send you out a replacement unit ahead of time so that you're not out of a vape. It sounds like genuine system failure.

There error code for system failure is 3 constant solid red LED (with no button pressed).

I'll send you a PM so I can gather your account details and get what I need to ship out your replacement.

Cheers,
    Virgil
    GHOST Vapes
  • G-love
    HI @GHOSTTEAM ok sounds great!! Thank you.

G-love
  • Bruce
    That is so cool! I am going to try it!
  • Terry1951

I was the same trying to extract every last atom.

I occasionally put the AVB from Ghost through an Argo or Air and it's just not worth it.

Rotating 180 is as far as i want to go.

If you examine your heat sink when cleaning, you'll notice that the reclaim tends to be mostly on one side. I reckon this is because the natural way to hold when using is angled at about 45 degrees rather than totally upright. I suspect this means that the heat doesn't go straight through the crucible. Rotating it 180 degrees, or indeed turning it upside down will, IMO, put any unvaped herb in the heat line.

It's also easy to forget that you need to turn it upside down to remove while you're stoned out of your brain.

Happened to me more than once even though I only tried it a few times.

Vape locked?
  • martinstraka8282
    Do you rotate the crucible or just the ghost itself?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment