• Magicman
    vcqucs6a5t347g7b.jpg
    We are both cops.
  • Magicman
    My photos were hacked.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    you must take action quick!
  • Kakarot
    I was a Pharmacy Tech... I am in Dental School now.. all techs do is get the meds from the shelf and count your pills lol if you can't count while high.. you don't need weed in your life... I think it will be ok.
  • juxt

Amen brother! Are you doing ok? I've thought about you a lot, I really like you.
  • deep_meditation
    No, I'm not a cop.
    Thanks everyone, II appreciate all of the responses. I guess I lean towards what Baron and Kakarot said. I'm not sure if I'll be switching pharmacies even though this made me nervous. I'm a nervous person when it comes to my health and that's a result of experiences with the medical system at times when I was very, very ill.
  • G-Code
    I’ve had the pharmacy put the wrong medication in my prescription bottle before and it caused me to have a seizure and go to the ER for a 3 day stay.
    I totally understand being a little nervous about your experience.
    Have a great holiday buddy!
  • Skyvaper
    Not sure what your personality type is but maybe you have a conversation with the tech about vaping and the benifits when it comes to conserving and the decrease in smell. Maybe you can have a conversation enough to know if the tech is impaired or medicated. Or maybe you just tell the tech youre cool but have concerns.
  • juxt

Hey man, by the way I didn't mean to be overly negative before, I care about you too. One of the things I'm getting more sensitive to myself is other people.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with her at the store, and I know what it can be to be nervous. Just a few months ago I lay awake all night thinking i was having a heart attack or maybe lung cancer. I used to be nervous is all I'm really saying, but I feel better now. I hope you do too. I'm sorry if it seemed rude what I said, but when i though of that poor girl, and I wondered what her problems might be, mine seemed less immediate, if that makes sense to you or anyone. I'm also very sorry you've been ill, and I hope you're feeling better!

But really, that girl might have been a BITCH .. who knows. maybe we should send DERRICK MCMILLION to GET HER.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    watch out your data is running low
  • Mr White
    I disagree with you completely what if that's her medicine that she needs in order to function properly through the day not everyone smokes cannabis to get high some of us need it as actual medicine.
  • juxt

We don't know either way though, so it's tough to judge. At first I was a little upset that he had shamed her on the internet, but then I realized it didn't hurt her, that maybe something caused him to reach out like that, maybe he was hurting.

I agree with you I disagree with him, of course, but I'm sorry for the strong words I used before.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    someone had to be her voice. It was a post that provoked deffensiveness. Nobody was there but the poster. I worked at a tim hortons when i was younger (the fastest coffee jockey in town) people would come through the drive through all the time puffing away. The smell would come into the resturant sometimes. The smell could have come from anywhere within/out the building. Punks buying snacks, stoner dad buying snacks the possibilités of different stoner types buying snacks are endless.
    She is a working professional and from the post i gathered the only indication was a scent. Which we did not smell. Possibke it wasnt even the schweed. We were not there but our opinion was asked anyway.
  • juxt

Of course man, youre totally right in all that! IMO of course, just IMO.
  • Magicman
    I want to be @Kakarot dental patient.
  • Baron23
    I want to be Kakarot dental patient.Magicman

l-34607-when-youre-halfway-thru-your-rectal-exam-and-remember-youre-at-the-dentist.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    oh man thanks baron that made me laugh :rofl:
  • juxt

Yeah, that sir, is FUNNY SHIT
  • Heroin Batman
    you would have sent her home? Id hope she would sue you in that scenario
  • juxt

I hope that guy gets better from whatever sickness he was talking about, and he has a great wonderful life, and whoever he meets next he loves.
  • EconMan

This is a philosophical question and therefore can not be answered outside of an exhaustive inquiry of individual morality, ethics, epistemology, responsibility, property rights, and emotional "sense of life" (heavily influenced by personality).

Don't have time to be "exhaustive" but the public jump I suspect would be one of Self-Righteousness -- How dare this hideous person do this! Judge them. They have no right. Judge them. They are putting other people's lives at risk. Judge them. This is the epitome of failed personal responsibility. Judge them. She had a contractual duty to that patient. Judge them. She should be fired at a minimum. Judge them!

Of course, problem is in degree... near everyone violates their "social contract." And which professions can one be acceptably "under the influence" within? And just who btw gets to decide and how, and who are the "cops" here? Perhaps she does her job better a little high? Perhaps she didn't consume at all, but was around someone who did? All sorts of possibilities that are NOT etched in self-righteous stone.

If "...perhaps a pharmacy tech who's working with pills should hold off on partaking before (or during) work?" In this case there are so many other areas one should also think "perhaps" on... namely, driving. A car is a huge responsibility!.... can destroy someone's life in a blink of an eye. Yet, near EVERYONE I know who partakes of flower, has little moral problem while driving under the influence. Indeed, my car mechanic gets high at work. I know because I've got high at his work with him, but I trust no one else with my car and safety.

My view is more along the lines of personal responsibility. At my company some of the work is very detail-oriented.... screw it up and the client has no marginal revenue and suffers lots of annoyed customers and perhaps the destruction of their business. But we don't do drug tests because we don't regulate our employee's personal choices -- only how those choices impact the business. I hire great people who know how to order their life (probably why I hired them) and NEVER have I received (or would ever accept) an excuse from an employee "I was too high" to get that task done properly.

What would I have done? hmmmm..... I suppose I would have appreciated her pleasant smile and felt grateful I live in a land where kings are dying, and that she can self-medicate as she chooses best for her. Like all things -- balance. One pill is medicine, five are poison. Likewise, smelling a hint of flower on her would make me personally actually feel better about the pharmaceutical trade about to happen from anecdotal experience. I know when I worked at IHOP, I was a bit slower cook, but not because of reaction time; but rather because cooking someone's food was such a creative fun thing to do when high.... I wanted it all perfect. Now, if I had done ten dabs right before work.... a different outcome. But in and of itself, I would never fire someone for simply consuming a substance.

This is a question of how I ought to live to accommodate society within my life. What is the role of my fellow human in my life? To what extent, if any, should I live for another person? On the philosophical side, this is nothing new. Ever wonder how the UK got its absurd drinking laws that lasted decades? World War 1. The factory-working Brits liked to drink too much for government planner types... when they got off work those late nights of drinking cost much in productivity the next morning -- so they shut the pubs down earlier every night in the name of national security.

So I say enjoy the woman. Be happy and let her be happy.
  • juxt

I might have to sell this other company i made and come work for you.
  • Kakarot
    I am doing pretty good, I don't post on here much anymore, still around tho... Just bettering life in general, like I said getting my Bachelors in Biology and enrolled in Dental School at the same time is pretty time consuming.. Very much worth it though as my starting pay will be around 168K per year. I have thought about going past General Dentistry into oral maxillofacial surgery but it adds a considerable amount of schooling and honestly I just do not have the time to do it...I hope your doing well-!
  • MothChewMoth
    great, detailed response, as per usual. I'm with @juxt. Need a Project Manager working remotely from CA? :joke:
  • John Cocktostone
    I treat weed like I did booze. Use in my own home, on my own time.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    great way to relax after the day is done :100:
  • Ctipp22
    Id just fist bump the pharmacist on my way out..
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet