• deep_meditation
    I picked up a prescription today. I noticed something in the air. As the pharmacy tech was getting my prescription and moving back and forth behind the pharmacy work area and register there was a breeze. She reeked of smoked bud. It was faint but you could easily tell. Maybe the pharmacist couldn't tell. I would have sent her home. I didn't notice it until I walked up to the counter. I doubt it was the customer before me and when she walked by there was no odor. Nobody else was around and it didn't seem to be a lingering smell.

What would you do in this situation? Since I'm in a legal area with an "underground" market (no regulated sales) and laws permitting grow your own it's all over the place. Maybe a pharmacy tech who's working with pills should hold off on partaking before (or during) work?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    you dont think she was a medical patient herself. Im going to kindly tell you to mind your own buisness thats what i would do. Could have been straight cbd smells like weed still. Also thc effects everyone different it doesnt instantly turn everyone into pauly shore.
  • Tdog420
    ive opereted heavy machinery my whole life and am stoned pretty mich 95 percent of the time. I have also beeen told by mutiple people that im one of the best operaters around lol. So it depends how functional of a person you are, but in the end i would say who the fuck cares. As long as they arent harming anyone!!
  • juxt
    I don't hate any people, especially people who enjoy Cannabis ... do you? Why would you ask this question? If that person messed up a scrip, they should be fired, if they smell like cannabis, or ASS, they should be left alone or maybe politely told to their face.
  • Dr green thumb
    Just putting this out there but she may have a dog and possibly that dog encountered a skunk. She could have spent the night cleaning the dog and that sure does stink up the house. Also if she was handling sulfur and that smells similar.

If her boss hasn't said anything then I wouldn't worry.
  • bum karacho

i´m a legal thc patient in my country.i´m allowed after a test i did: to drive cars, operet heavy maschines and buying guns under influence.......i had to do the same test a police officer had to do if he want to drive cars with emercency light.i had 92% a policeman needs 78% and a normal person who wants to drive under influnce 62%........bujakka tschaaa!
    if its legal or you are able to work,why not!
    there was a test over complete swizerland in the 90s to give hard 100% clean drugs to adicted people and send them back to live (work,car,etc,.....) and it worked good.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    you really turned this post around with some amazing info!! That is remarkable! :starstruck: i am certain i would pass such a test.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    It doesn't bother me one bit. As long as she's able to do her job then it's perfectly fine. I tend to vape in my room and sometimes there's a slight smell that clings onto my clothing that I set out for the next day
  • Baron23
    I hafe a slightly different view. IMO, full spectrum cannabis is in every way an intoxicant. CBD strains, no....but what most of us vape/smoke...absolutely.

I would not stand for an employee coming to work high. That's not what I pay them for. I pay them to show up, be on point, and do their job as best they can...which, IMO is NOT high.

I had a group of 40 or so engineers and logisticians at one time and my group secretary came back from lunch reeking of pot, red eyes, and she wasn't worth a shit all afternoon. I have a long history using cannabis but nonetheless I did tell her....and meant it....that if she did it again she would need to look for another job.

I have seen many, many posts from people who state that they perform better on cannabis than without. With few exceptions, I believe this to mostly be self-serving, subjective, observations ("you hear what you wanna hear and you see what you wanna see - The Rockman from The Point). Unfortunately, objective science doesn't seem to agree.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=marijuana+effects+on+reaction+time
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=marijuana+effects+on+task+errors

Many of us feel that we can still do various tasks adequately when high....and we probably can. But is that as good as one could do if not intoxicated....absolutely not, IMO.

The rub comes with medical MJ. Just as with other drugs I can think of, med MJ does have an impact as an intoxicant. Depending on the degree of intoxication the drug induces (any drug), the nature of the job, if use of this drug and its impact on you were known when hiring you, the criticality of the work tasks (e.g. airline pilot vs....flipping burgers, maybe?), and the duration (chronic and will be taking forever or just episodic), work places may or may not keep you employed....no matter what what the drug is.

I don't expect a lot of folks on the board to agree with this view. But I suggest that people on this board not be too terribly surprised if they find out that people at large do.
  • juxt

I totally agree with you, but will share an angle you didn't explore.

I pay for x I want x, regardless. My employees will do what I tell them to do, the way I tell them to do it. If I decide that I want them to rise up and burn my factory down, and pay them to do it, then yes, by all means, LET ER RIP.

What if her boss knows she smokes, and doesn't care..or as DGT said, is medical and can't care or something. If you were in the situation this guy is asking about personally, not knowing her or them or anything but what's in your head, how would you react?
  • Baron23
    What if her boss knows she smokes, and doesn't carejuxt

Then find another pharmacy, IMO. This is a customer facing rep...he was the customer. Her smell of cannabis made him anxious as to the accuracy of her pharmacy services. If the pharmacy doesn't care about this customer impact, go elsewhere.
  • Dr green thumb
    my thoughts were more of that it was something else. Pharmacy's have strict rules for employees as they do not want their license revoked.

The story in original.post didn't indicate if she was acting stoned.
  • juxt

Right, or politely ask the deal?

Ahhh, so my Ass comment was more appropriate to you.:strong: :rofl: :joke:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Baron23 i think being "high" is subjective. When i smoked joints i would roll tooth picks and smoke maybe half. Yeah i smoked weed but i feel theyre are varrying levels of "intoxication" and that is impossible to tell by meer scent. If you reek like it, it is hard to cry "sobriety". For my own personal self if i dont look high im not high and i do realize how silly that sounds :smirk:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    That is also just thoughts in my self i dont trust the rest of you stoners!! :rofl: if you pass the @bum karacho test maybe ill trust you :joke:
  • Baron23
    i feel theyre are varrying levels of "intoxication"Tyedyesamuraiguy

That's fine...but if you ever work for me, the level of intoxication I will tolerate is zero.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i have worked for a few people with the same tolerance level. We have always gotten along :grin: i always got along better with the roofer types smoke 3 joints before you leave the shop kinda thing :love: no offence meant by this meme i just downloaded a maker :nerd: n756xsq5juo0n3wa.jpg
  • juxt

EL JEFE can easily get offended by BARON
  • Baron23
    EL JEFE can easily get offended by BARONjuxt

Yeah, I worry about that a lot.
  • juxt

SHHHH, you weren't supposed to tell ;)
  • LabPong
    What do you do.....

You politely ask her " I am hoping that is a sativa I smell......and that you'r not pre-couch-locked".

:wink:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    im curious we told you what we would do. What did you do?
  • juxt

DERR ;) sorry
    He said nothing, he just judged her n his heart and wrote about her on the internet...

but we loved her, so she ok...
  • juxt

you asked, I knew .whatup?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    when i read it i realized i didnt even have to ask because i knew already.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Magicman wheres derrick mcmillion some one give this guy his phone number because he is definitely not a cop right?? :monkey:
  • juxt

I thought Magicman was a cop? and that other florida guy acsomething
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    im not too sure i was fasionably late to the party so ive only seen a couple memes
  • juxt

I've been high for like 30 years so , i dont know my butt from a hole in the ground
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment