• EconMan

And, as you have stated, it is desirable to start S L O W. I don't put much pressure at all on it until I see some evidence of melting oil, then gradually I bring it to about 400-600psi at about 190F.

I'm also experiencing buyers remorse over my new press purchase. Nothing against the press, it is awesome.... works great... but my little $230 Dulytek M800 is so intimate... I can feel the appropriate psi with my hand (analog).... with the new one I have to do some math calculations first. It is clearly a better press but something is "lost" in the intimacy of it. Perhaps I'm just being corny? But as a "hobby" I prefer the little cheap press. It's more fun. Even with a brand new shiny thing, I still find myself using the M800 more than the DW6000... it's quick, easy, and a small footprint....

Considering sending the 6000 back and getting a new Pure Pressure model that supposedly does bag pressure.... need to research that a bit more.... It's not cheap, but hobbies often aren't.

In your honor, later, perhaps when @Skyvaper get over here, we will press some ABV -- will cost me $1 for the bag -- and if we get anything out of it, I'll dab it, and report back on its hypothesized nastiness. :nerd:
  • McNuggetsTrip
    awesome! If this stuff works maybe I will invest :lol:
  • EconMan

For the record, my hypothesis is insignificance. However, if it is falsified, that too is a good day for science :)
  • Magicman
    I will try the low pressure warm up with Ju1cebox, and then squeeze hard. The instructions say squish 1st, then turn it on though.
  • cheeseheadvaper
    I was debating if I would add a PSI gauge to the NewVape Tegridy 20 Ton. However, I have read that pressing is more feel" orientated. I think I will forego the gauge and try it out for a bit and see how things go.

I'm a bit hesitant to spend that $$ on a press. However, when compared to DIY or other name brands the Tegridy seems to be the best value.
  • EconMan

There is indeed art as well as science. The Tegridy 20 is a good press. It has large 4x7 plates and over-kill power to use them. If you did a maximum size squish at low-pressure (500psi), wala (28*500)/2000 = 7 tons of pressure required. For such large plates as well as its hydraulic operation, I would want a pressure gauge.
  • EconMan

Awesome! I just got the W6000 myself.... I really like it. Also have their little M800.

Regardless, liking your shatteresque pressing there
  • EconMan

LMAO :rofl:

Wax stamper.
  • EconMan
    awesome! If this stuff works maybe I will investMcNuggetsTrip

I DID IT. Nothing. Just nothing. Not even a mess. Just nothing.

You owe me a dollar! lol :rofl:
  • juxt

Now smoke said ABV and see if you gets a buzz...and I'll give you $2 :D
  • medicalmark
    This DW6000 is pretty good but I think I’ll be getting the DE10K in February
    The 6000 isn’t what I need , I need a unit that can press at different pressure through the whole press and with control to stop and start up and down at any time, which you can do with the 6000
    And I have the p shelf product I can’t waste, you understand my delemma
  • EconMan

I took a bong hit of it once and after that I just throw it away :vomit:
  • juxt

I may be the only 1 here that believes it, but there's still gold in them thar hills my good man. Maybe you'll have to alcohol soak it out, but I've done ABV wash that does create viable goo.

I will say any possible load can be fully spent, but in my experience if it's not charcoal it's not truly done (of the new strains anyway and 20% and up
  • cheeseheadvaper
    For those of you who have used the harbor freight press how do they hold up? I am considering getting the caged plates from new Vape and buying a standalone press. I am interested to hear your thoughts on what would be a good price to go with the cage.
  • Dr green thumb
    which harbor freight press were you considering? The 6 ton? Or the 20 ton?

I helped assemble a 20 ton press with the nugsmasher plates and the total price was less than $450. That press is about two months old and still going. I wouldn't say it's as nice as the complete press kit but it works.
  • cheeseheadvaper
    I am looking at the 20 ton press. Is it built well? Do you have reservations about it holding up?
  • Dr green thumb

It seems to be doing alright. I do not think it's ever been pushed to its limit as it does not take that much pressure to get quality rosin. All the parts pins and bolts should be able to be found at the local hardware store if they break.
  • cheeseheadvaper
    I’m very tempted to buy the all in one unit but I see a lot of potential cost savings by piecing it together. However, if the press doesn’t hold up then I’ll need to buy a new one diminishing the potential savings.
  • Dr green thumb
    the best part of an all in one press is the warranty.
  • cheeseheadvaper
    The primary benefit ICU to an all-in-one is portability. The warranty is in a major selling factor to me.I would like to hear feedback on the long-term use of a harbor freight 20 ton press.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet