• fatbiker
    Anyone try the new Linx Blaze yet? I’ve been looking at the Hypnos Zero. I called Linx and they said the Blaze is an upgraded Zero. I’m considering buying the Blaze but wanted to hear your feedback first.

I really like the small, portable, and discrete aspects of it. Furthermore, it has a bucket style which I see as a major benefit. It also has a larger battery than the Zero.

Let me know your thoughts!!
  • Dr green thumb

What vapes do you own? I'm assuming by cheesehead you may be in wisconsin or from there. Dynavap is in wisconsin and you cannot beat the value for your money. I'm just asking because different effects you may be looking for in a vape may have different options. For myself I've found that convection vapes offer the most flavor and effects.
  • fatbiker
    I’m looking for a vape to concentrates. Specifically rosin.
  • Dr green thumb
    myself i use a dr. Dabber Aurora and an eleaf vivant. My preferred method for rosin is through glass and a quartz banger or loaded in a c cell cart.

Most pens are much harsher than glass
  • fatbiker
    Portabilitu is also something I mentioned is a main focus for the vape.
  • Dr green thumb
    I load rosin into carts which are portable and easy to do because it just works and tastes better imo.
  • beezee420
    just got the Kandypens crystal, their challenger to Linz Blaze

I have the Lynx Zero and it performs better than the Kandypens Prism...

So I am a bit worried about the Crystal... I bet the Linx Blaze is solid
  • oldandblues
    I ordered the Blaze the day they posted it on their site. I guess that was like new years or something. Anyway I've been using it constantly since then and its all the things the zero was but better. The things I disliked about the zero such as not being a big hitter when I needed it to be have been upgraded in the Blaze. I still think we have a ways to go on the technology for pens, but it's the best pen that I have owned thus far out of pretty much all of them. Battery life is great and it has a usb port so you don't have to fiddle with the crappy charger that is on most of the pens.

For monster hits I prefer my SAI but that's not much of a portable unit since i have it setup on a massive 4 battery mod with a Poseidon bubbler :-)

Hope this helps somebody.
  • fatbiker
    What are you thoughts on the flavor profile? Which atomizer do you prefer? I’m between this and a Crystal.
  • oldandblues
    I dont actually have any experience with the crystal, but the Blaze has 4 temps just like the zero does. I usually sip on the second setting and then hit it harder at the end on the third setting. On the lowest setting the flavor is great. On the low setting you don't get much for clouds, but you still feel it in your lungs and taste is better. I'm happy with this as a pen and SAI rig for bigger rips around the house both in the flavor dept. I dislike the crack den vibe from a full on dab rig and rarely bust it out but I sure don't miss anything in the flavor dept that way.
  • EconMan

I'll just say it. I think the Blaze (disclaimer: used it one evening session) and all pens, taste like crap. To make it not be so, I had to set the heat down to the point it was lame. If you want big vapor it comes "hot" as a price. Given my bias, between the Galaxy and the Prism, for rosin, I prefer the Prism. For non-rosin concentrates like budder, I prefer the Galaxy.

I've come to the theory that any "coil in the oil" design, will produce that metallic taste I just hate. If I spend money on good flower to press and vape, I don't want the taste to be corrupted. The only thing I have or have used that comes close to substituting for a dab rig, taste and impact wise, is the Puffco Peak (not really a portable) which I recently had some fun with by taking it to a concert. :nerd:
  • juxt

Agreed on the coils bro, I only do buckets now. I'd love to try the peak.
  • Mangu
    How much different is the bucket style atomizer from a typical “coil”? I’m beginning to agree with @EconMan in that all pens pretty much offer that similar sub-par experience....It’s how Bud always says you’re sacrificing the power for the portability. Has anyone tried the Linx and can compare it to something like TAF Sai? How different are the two in terms of vapor quality? Aside from obvious size difference.
  • juxt

Haven't tried the blaze no, sorry. Any of the cheaper pens that actually have cups not exposed coils are ok. I think they crystal does that, the source orb 4 has a quartz bucket atomizer (but I can't recommend) , SAI and Sequoia are the top of the line IMO but they have a bunch of knockoffs, if you need to go cheaper. And you can get coils for them...some amazing looking ones in fact, and some people like the coils and say the buckets are too wispy. Some coils like the 'donut' are where the metal coil is coated in ceramic, those can be good, but I don't want to muddy the conversation. I like the buckets the best.

Specifically the difference is in a coil the wax touches the hot coil and vaporizes, the more impurities in the payload the dirtier the coils get, and they wear out quick this way. Buckets are where a metal or quartz 'cup' sits against the coils, the coils heat up the 'bucket' which then heats the payload. It is a little more wispy, but it lasts like 1000% longer. You can clean it with a qtip.
  • EconMan
    I'd love to try the peak.juxt

For the harder core folks, it has a "sesh mode" which just means if you doubleclick anytime during the session it will extend the session AND keep the heater on.... this aspect requires a little technique since if you force it to go longer eventually you'll force it to "burn-hot". So timing SeshMode with good CabCap technique is important for such "manual control" dabs. It's easy to figure out, but it might take a few dabs for some....
  • fatbiker
    I've used the traditional style of "material directly on coil" pens and have had terrible taste, efficiency, etc. This new "bucket" style really has me intrigued. I understand the pens offer a sub-par experience. However, there is no other choice when it comes to ultimate portability and discreteness. My goal is to find the best concentrate pen for on-the-go discrete use. I'll wait until I hear more about the Linx Blaze and KandyPens Crystal. If those two turn out to be duds I will go the the HVT Sequoia TAF with a quartz bucket. I will end up going with the box mod style and sacrifice a bit of the portability.

A member did mention the Firefly 2 as a viable option. My only reservation is that the FF2 is late in its product cycle and due for an update. Not to mention it is like 3X the price of a pen.
  • deep_meditation
    I’m going to give the Blaze a shot soon. I’ll try it with wax (thc and also cbd only), shatter, budder, oil and whatever else is available now. Will report back... Hopefully it will be worth the price.
  • VapeCritic
    I'm super delayed with this one sorry guys!!

It's a nice pen, comes with a quartz bucket and ceramic plate attys, pretty small chamber, here's a few pix:

g2ysyq7lxjsgbp9f.jpg
    loxi3pnlmltt8g1f.jpg
    3zegsz77r1ony64g.jpg
    nosv59wha8gncb01.jpg
    vbjmzo5jhf1crh42.jpg
    hc6urb1elr69w73x.jpg
    e78n4xykytnpzpx9.jpg
    ggvqjb241o2edysx.jpg
  • fatbiker
    I made the plunge and bought the Blaze as well. After a week or two of use it’s been going well. I’m satisfied so far.
  • deep_meditation
    I’m about 15 mins into using a bit of shatter . I feel it. The taste is very different from my SiC dish on the VROD. Much better flavor than this ceramic dish.

My shatter tastes better on the quartz atomizer (Blaze Ace) than the ceramic (Blaze Zero).
  • Gman
    To bad it's so expensive. I did like my zero when I was a lightweight. How is the chamber size compared to that?
  • fatbiker
    I never owned a Hypnos bit from my research the Blaze quartz atomizer is twice the size. I really like the quartz bucket. Very smooth vape and super easy to clean.
  • Gman
    Great, thanks!
  • EconMan
    A member did mention the Firefly 2 as a viable option.fatbiker

Perhaps me, only because I'm a serious OCD taste chaser, I like the FF2, and I like it as a concentrates portable. Mostly, it is so darn easy and quick to clean and keep clean.

Also, be forewarned just because a pen works well on say shatter doesn't mean it will work well on rosin. Rosin, IMO, is a unique animal among concentrates. I'll just say it -- there are no "pens" that work well on rosin from my experience. A tasty rosin hit requires a clean bowl. Meaning the bowl just taken needs to be cleaned. Om my FF2, I can convert from flower to concentrate, and vice versa, in less than a minute. And unlike the pens I can put a real size dab on it.. and it lasts a long time (like at a concert). I can take a few draws, put it back in my pocket, and come back to it.

But more than anything. The "coffin" lid. The entire lid is essentially a glass mirror. The airflow is OUT-of-the-bowl, not into it.... hence the glass "peephole" in the lid gets HOT (do not touch it to see if it is hot like a dumbass -- my worst burn ever on a vape). Anyway, because of the airflow, the most amazing reclaim condenses on the mirror lid (remember, it is upside down). Beautiful crystal clear (regardless of how bad your rosin is) reclaim.... (I swear it looks and has the impact of THCa?) After a few sessions, I can scrape the lid and gather enough for a monster hit that can rival my Puffco Peak.

Oddly, the FF2, is the only time I dab, and do not utilize water cooling and filtering.

I agree. It is a "nice" pen. I used one last night at a head shop (a story in itself). Absolutely, undeniably, better for Rosin than either of my two Kandys. Galaxy/Prism. That said, I think it sucks trying to load it.

SiC dishdeep_meditation

I need to use one of these... it is absurd I have not.
  • Jack Jackson
    Am I right that the chamber on the bucket doesn't have the silly litle raised nub like on the Hypnos Zero?

I like that this is shorter than the Hypnos and seems like it might have better airflow. I havent used my Hypnos since getting the Pax Era but I might get the Blaze if the chamber has a flat bottom.
  • Dr green thumb
    I use a dr dabber Aurora for rosin as it has a bucket and the rosin never touches any direct heat source. Very tasty.
  • EconMan

I must try one of those.

Honestly, between my FF2 and my Puffco Peak, I'm pretty happy for full and semi-portability. All that said, 99% of the time when I'm dabbing, I'm doing so at home, or someone's home. Personally, I don't want to do a big hot box bellringer right as I need to be pondering the successful navigation of an intersection. But that's me.

I kid you not. The other day, saw a guy at a stoplight take a hit out of what looked very much like a Puffco Peak? (tinted windows). If so, in my view, that's absurd.
  • Dr green thumb
    I stay as sober as I can while driving. I do not need the hastle of getting blood drawn. I've seen people using all kinds of devices while driving. The more people who fuck up the worse it gets for the rest of us who stay under the radar.
  • LabPong
    How many of the 510 add-on ones...or the pen type ones use the coil below the quartz bucket like the KP Crystal?

This is why I got the Crystal to try.
  • oldandblues
    I had the Hypnos, and like the Blaze better. My SAI with a bubbler has been getting most of my attention the last week, but the Blaze is still the best pen i've found.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment