• deep_meditation
    It’s pretty good. I’ve used it a few times now.

The little black case is solid but it’s missing one thing - space for a container for your concentrate. Maybe they sell a container for it but I don’t think they do.
  • deep_meditation
    I’m still enjoying this device. I’ve used the quartz atomizer with rosin multiple times now. I wouldn’t go above a level 2 (maybe three) heat wise. At lower levels the taste is pretty good. It’s terribly harsh at the highest heat level with what I’ve been using.
  • fatbiker
    I ended up returning my Blaze. I now exclusively use my HVT Sequoia.
  • deep_meditation

That might be next on my list. Do you have a recommendation for a box mod to use with the Sequoia?
  • fatbiker
    I had issues with a few mods and ended up with a VooPoo Drag Mini. It has an internal rechargeable battery and works well with HVT coils.

i called Vic from HVT and he recommends voopoo mods. After the troubles I had with the others I took his advise.

I like the large quartz bucket. So much easier to load and clean than the Blaze could. The Sequoia took me a bit to dial in but now it’s my go-to portable.
  • Chandler
    @fatbiker would you say the saionara is the best portable concentrate device? What are the cons if any?
    I'm on their web site trying to wrap my head around everything. So many choices.
    If I was looking to go premium, what kit would you recommend?
  • fatbiker
    A premium kit would be a Titanium Sequoia Top Air flow kit with a quartz bucket coil. I would recommend buying at least one or two replacement coils. I have not tried the titanium but it will be my next purchase. I’m going to place an order on 4/20.
  • fatbiker
    If you plan to buy a VooPoo mod I would buy it separate. HVT has the first gen VooPoo mod. I’ve heard the newer second gen VooPoo mods are better than the older mods.
  • Karec
    Saionara with box mod is not really portable... its like a mighty far to big to actually be considered portable, yes its cordless so its portable but i rather use a smaller device on the go. I own a Saionara but mainly indoors and i use a Puffco Plus outdoors, its small and stealthy and when u find that sweet spot with dosing its perfect imo.
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • Kuzko
    I think it depends on the mod, a Sai on a pico is super portable. I know someone who carries that combo in their pocket all day every day. It’s no bigger than an e-cig setup.
  • fatbiker
    I disagree that a Sai or Sequoia on a box mod is not a portable.

fh2ofwuhniw6e7yr.jpeg

I take mine with me all the time and enjoy it as a portable. Yes, it is not as small as a pen. I’ve found pens to be useless. They taste like crap, tough to clean, hard to load, etc.

A HVT atomizer on a well powered box mod will heat up in seconds and produce killer vape. Heat up time is faster than a pen and the performance is way better. Cleaning is a breeze.

Another factor to consider is the cost of replacement coils. I can get a pack of 5 from HVT ( assuming a small discount) for the same price as one quarts atomizer for the Blaze.
  • Chandler
    My research has me leaning closer n closer to HVT.@fatbiker
    What I don't get is the difference between the Sai and sequoia. Is seqoiua just the name for the updated/upgraded atomizer?

HVT says the espion modbox has the newest chipset. I would definitely choose that option.

I also agree that the size for me isn't a problem. I spent years with mighty as my daily driver!
  • fatbiker
    The Mighty has also been a daily driver for me over the past few years. This seems small compared to that.

The only difference between the two is the Sai is 22mm coils and the Sequoia is a 25mm coil. Simply put the Sequoia is slight larger diameter. The Sequoia is best for atop Air flow which is required for their bucket coils. Vic said the new Sequoia will accept coils from the Sai.

Think of the Sai and Sequoia as a chassis and the coils would be the engine. You can put whichever coil you would like in their respective housing units. The only difference being their size.
  • Chandler
    @fatbiker" thanks for the info! Would you pick up a 5 pack of quartz buckets or titanium?
  • deep_meditation
    How much does the newer chipset on the Espion enhance the overall experience?

There’s a local shop here that sells the Sequoia kits but I think they have the VooPoo boxes. I like to support the shop because the owners were instrumental in some of the changes to the laws around these parts. However, if there’s a big difference between the two I’d just buy online.

Willl either work with the g43?
  • Karec
    Yes all comes down to the mod and both Mighty and HVT are portables but not really portable friendly and this is just my opinion, i use my HVT Sai at home and it is superior to any pen but on the go i rather go with my Puffco since i will go out packing a herbal vape (crafty) and a pen for rosin, inside home i use the Mighty over the Crafty... so im just talking about portability and size...
    Big pockets if i would use the Sai & Mighty and the cell phone outdoors...
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • VapeCritic
    Linx has a 4/20 sale today 20% OFF sitewide with code LINX420
  • AVENTUS
    After a rather long tolerance break, I’m back fellas ! And this pen looks dope. Although I might just stick with my Hypnos zero until my tolerance builds up enough for this monster.

But out of curiosity, how does the airflow compare to the Hypnos Zero ? About the same ? More open ? More tight/closed ?
  • AVENTUS
    And is the highest temp still 650’F+ like on the Hypnos zero ? How about the lowest temp setting ? Still near-invisible vapor ?
  • AVENTUS
    Is the chamber on this about the same size as the PRISM+ ?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet