• QC25201
    I Am brand new to this just bought my pen and CBD oil yesterday. I have real bad leg cramps and feet cramps and was told that this would help me. My question is how many puffs do I really need to take at a medium setting.?? I tried 3 and 4 last night with no results. I'm going to try to increase it tonight before I go to bed and see what the results will be. I was told this would be my Miracle drug since I have spent hundreds of dollars on over-the-counter and online so-called remedies to help me make it through the night with no spasms. Is there anyone out there that could guide me on the correct way to use this pen in the CBD oil and how many puffs to take. Again I am using the medium setting. The high setting tends to burn my throat. This has to work I've tried everything else. I do not want to use anything with THC in it 4 for personal reason. Thank you for any help I can get. Qc25 301
  • John Cocktostone
    those in my opinion aren't strong enough. You either need cannabis based CBD vape oil from a legal state or some industrial hemp like Starseed Botanicals. They make a great oil pill.

CBD needs a little thc to kickstart it's full effects....this again is my opinion from using it.
  • Dr green thumb
    a number of factors determine how many puffs you would need. Without knowing what strength or product you are using makes it difficult to answer.
  • John Cocktostone
    I assumed it was a garbage isolate...my bad
  • QC25201
    Dr. Green thumb.. It is Kind 500 mg. The not legal here in Florida. :sad:
    John then I am out of luck cause it is not legal here with a Dr.
  • Dr green thumb
    I would start with 5-6 five second long draws. You can add more if needed. The effects take anywhere from 10 minutes to about 40 minutes to set in. Cbd tends to work better with use over time. Cbd is made by many different companies I look for companies who post their test results and track the batches they send out.
  • QC25201
    thank you. I will give it a try. I am so discouraged last night was a real bad night. I thought it might take a while for my body to acclimate but I was told no it should work right away. So that is a little encouraging thank you again
  • BestBuds
    I will second the CBD pills from Starseed Botanicals are great! I also use a CBD balm that has Arnica in it. This is what I use. :starstruck:
    Here are some great recommendations for balms and such. :100:
    In the mean time go to a pharmacy and see if the have arnicare or another arnica gel. If you have never tried it you might just be amazed! :nerd:
  • TheZman
    As stated above you need Cannabis CBD not hemp. Makes a huge difference. If your not in a legal state your screwed. And in my experience it needs to have at least a tiny bit of THC in it to activate it. Sorry but unfortunately these are facts in my experience.
  • Dr green thumb
    I have used hemp cbd and mj cbd. Both work. I buy cbd online from three companies koi, greenroads, and Steve's goods. Each of those companies checks their batches and post results online and can track back to a test if needed. The companies I listed can be ordered in the usa
  • TheZman
    I guess it depends on what your using it for? For example for anxiety hemp CBD did nothing for me or people I know. I felt nothing. Same for the chronic pain. The Cannabis CBD has a lot of other cannabinoids in it. So you get a syrnegestic effect and more then one medicine per say working for you then just CBD. And it's been proven that a little THC actually activates CBD. JMO...
  • Baron23
    CBD has not done anything for my neuropathic pain. I have tried it in many forms including 1:1 flower and nada.

I don't think we have clarity on proper dosing of CBD for various conditions and I suspect that in almost all cases we will find that effective doses are much higher than we think (and hence also much more expensive).

Granted, small doses of CBD seem to be miraculous for children with certain movement disorders and I do understand that many have found CBD to be helpful for a wide array of conditions.

But has never done a thing for me, personally.
  • QC25201
    THANK YOU. i have added the amicare and /or amica to my list to check CVS to see if they care the product.last night was a smidge better but when i woke up in middle of night i took a few hits. i also saved the web sites for the balm. i will try anything to be able to sleep through the night w/o pain. have to wait til check comes in. i have spent so much, 100's. i even made my own cannibus salve. use it but don't see any real results. thanks for your input.sincerely

lol i am screwed.. florida

i bought Koi. i was using the medium setting but when i tried the 5-6 long draws like you suggested it was burning my throat so i knocked it down to low. probably defeating the purpose.. huh? i was told maybe to stop vaping and just use the oil in my mouth but i don't know about it going thru my liver... that's why i chose vaping....Best Buds suggested a balm to order. may have to try. i made my own but no results. i have throw away so much money on promise of working. my fixed income screams every time i take money out to throw away. thanks for all your help.
  • Dr green thumb
    you can use the koi as a tincture, it works just as well.
  • Rudis21
    Before getting my medical card I used the 1000 series tincture from CBDfx and had success. I was able to cut out all my pain medication for my MS. They have all there products tested 3rd party and publish the lab results. It has trace amounts of THC enough to help open the receptors for the CBD to work. It does need to build up in your system though. They also have a vape additive which is a full spectrum CBD instead of just the isolate that many of the juices only contain. You can either vape it on its own or add it to any cbd vape juices to intensify the strength. There are also many other good brands and just a “best CBD for pain search” should get you a lot of good lists, that’s where I started. Just make sure you are getting full spectrum and the dose is probably more than a few drops. I was taking around half a dropper a day. Hemb Bombs has really good tasting juices, I just always mix in the vape additive from CBDfx with it (with all juices actually). Hemp Bombs also has a pain freeze that is really awesome use it on my back and shoulders a lot. Even with my card now I still vape that throughout the day. Koi, Purekana, Nuleaf and CBDPure are some other good brands.
  • TheZman
    Sounds like we are similar. Didn't do anything for mine either. Although I do feel somewhat of a relaxing effect from the Cannabis CBD. I need more THC in mine then CBD. What works best for me is to buy a Pure THC Afgani type strain and then buy a pure CBD strain like The Wife and mix it myself. Mixing it at like a 5:1 ratio give or take.
  • TheZman
    I thought Medical marijuana is Legal in Florida?
  • Rudis21
    It definitely is
  • TheZman
    That's what I thought. Well I knew it was. I just didnt know why he was saying he's screwed? Weird..
  • QC25201
    i don't have a medical card so i can not legally get it. thats why i have tried doing just the cbd
  • Rudis21
    Not sure how it is in Florida, but getting my card in Massachusetts was super easy. While I do have numerous conditions that qualify me, I felt like the appointment to get my card was more a formality than anything. I got the impression that they will give them out to pretty much anyone. It is a pretty expensive process for first time patients though.
  • QC25201
    i have a dr. appointment next week with my primary and was going o bring it up. was scared but i am getting to the point where its several times every night. hope its easy since he knows my history (even though hes never suggested it) hoping insurance will help. thanks..
  • Rudis21
    I don’t believe any insurance helps other than state plans, at least here. You should be able to search “how to get medical marijuana in Florida” and you will get lists of independent doctors and nurses that specialize specifically in medical marijuana and helping patients get there card.

Edit* just did a quick search. Looks like you can probably go to Medical Marijuana Treatment Clinics of Florida and that will get the process going for you.
  • Dr green thumb

I combine terpenes with both cbd and mj. Here is a quick photo cheat sheet.

u5e8m6zgd4rdv2xs.jpg
  • MrGreen
    I combine one gram of cbd isolate with nine ml of mct oil.
    This yields ten ml of high potency cbd tinciture with 5 mg per drop.
    Suggested dosage 4-5 drops under the tongue.
  • QC25201
    thank you . i did and my doctor is on it...yea!!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment