• Flipz
    I know over time since S&B released the crafty, the firmware has changed I think 9-10 times. So I am curious... which version firmware crafty do you have? If you are unsure, just download the mobile app (Y)

I never noticed any difference between firmware changes so guessing they are minor things but would be nice to know even the little difference between each.

Mine is V0.208

Thank you in advance for your participation 8-)
    1. Current Crafty Firmware (16 votes)
        V02.05 or older
          0%
        V02.06
          6%
        V02.07
          0%
        V02.08
        13%
        V02.09
          0%
        V02.10
        69%
        V02.11 or higher?
        13%
  • oldskuule
    Has anyone written S&B about updating Crafty firmware, and received a response? I wrote them on June 13 but heard nothing back.
  • Flipz
    I never written or asked but maybe I will for the heck of it lol :D
  • sarwar
    I am running the 2.08 FW. On my first crafty since Jan and my device is going strong at 132 hours with no problems as yet.
  • Green
    Is there a way to tell the firmware on a mighty since it doesnt have a phone app?
  • Flipz
    Not to my knowledge. I have no idea what's on my mighty but it is still the original one when coming out... so guessing I have the first if they even have changed it lol.
  • Jeff
    My firmware is 2.05....if I were to buy a new one from S&B with the latest firmware, what are the upgrades? Faster heat up time? Better battery life?..faster charge time? Still love my original but I'll upgrade if it's worth it...especially if the heat up time is improved!
  • Flipz
    That's what no one knows lol. I can tell you with all the firmware changes I've yet to see/hear it charge faster, heat faster or anything like that. I believe they are just minor inside software tweaks possibly. S&B never releases this info to my knowledge anywhere so who knows 8-)
  • Chandler
    I am running the 2.08 FW. On my first crafty since Jan and my device is going strong at 132 hours with no problems as yet.sarwar

Nice!!
  • sarwar
    My crafty vibration function is being erratic at 150 hours of usage. Is it a sign of impending doom/breakdown?
    Heck the other vape I have is a pax 2 which doesn't come near crafty at all.
    Waiting on FF2 shipment too. Hope I get it before my faithful crafty breaks down.
  • Flipz
    My first one which I got when it came out, about 50 hours into it the vibration stopped working when turning on, getting to heat temp, charging etc... for the most part. Like 1/7 times it would actually vibrate and work but soon after it fully went (only the vibration, vape still worked).

Sent it in and had a brand new one back within 5-6 days. Since you have 150 hours on it (Y) there could be a higher chance that it might need to be sent in. Can you describe the issue in more detail, might be able to give more info after to you.
  • sarwar
    The issue seems acute. As it had been working flawlessly to begin with. Now the vibration is failing 3 out 6 times whenever light goes green upon loading and turning on the vape.
    Another thing I have noticed that my heat up time is almost two and a half mins. I read somewhere on this forum that newer firmware crafty heats up in one and a half minute or so.
    Cloud production even at half a chamber is still amazing though. I'd hate to send it as its my go to vape. I hope I get my firefly soon so I can part with the crafty for a little while and get it checked.
    Thanks for sharing your crafty story.
  • Baron23
    Have you seen what this vibrator is....its a very small electric motor with an asymetrical piece on the axis. While you may like the vibration, and certainly one has every right to expect the products they purchase to be durable, if the issue is the vibrator itself or its electrical feeds then this will have nothing to do with how it vapes IMO.

• sarwar
    Yeah absolutely agree that the vibration has nothing to do with vaporizing. And my crafty is still vaporizing efficiently as I shared in my last post. I usually do half chamber load at a time and get awesome clouds every time.
    What I was saying is that probably after more than 150 hours of usage the heater is not heating up as fast as it used to.
    The heat up time as of today is 2 min and 45 sec with default temp set which I'm sure is not the case with newer firmware craftys which heat up in a minute and half according to various video reviews/blogs.
    Thanks for posting the informative video
  • Baron23
    Ah...sorry, misunderstood the root of your concern. But it is a way cool video and if you follow to youtube they have other similar videos on a handful of vapes.

As far as I know, the S&B firmware is not field upgradable (but since it has an app, it should be!!)

Cheers
  • Aj85
    it's definitely worth sending it in (IMHO)!

My vibration stopped working but only when the unit turned off. they replaced it with a new unit no problems. But I've heard some rare story's of S&B charging for new battery's after so many hours but with my own personal experiences (3craftys 2mightys) they've always just replaced the unit with a new unit, but I guess it depends on the nature of the fault and age of the unit. Even if they charge for battery replacement and repair the unit rather than replace, it should still come back working a lot more like new.

Also S&B state on the website that due to the nature of battery's if you are ever unhappy with battery perfomance you can ask for the battery replacement service which costs $70. Definitely try warranty process first though.Lol

All the best,

Aj.
  • sarwar
    I'll send it for checkup alright. Hope it comes back soon as I'll miss it terribly owing to the fact that it's my fav/go-to vape.
    Talking bout the battery it seems pretty okay till now and gives me 2 plus bowls before I charge it. Should I get it changed as well?
  • Aj85
    personally, I'd just send it in for the fault and wait and see what S&B say once they've received the unit. Then depending on the outcome you could still ask for the battery replacement if you feel it is required.

All the best,

Aj.
  • sarwar

Gotcha. Mucho Gracias
  • Flipz
    The longer heat up time is to be expected on a crafty with that many hours, really on any vape or product that uses batteries. I don't believe the firmware has anything to do with how fast the crafty heats up but a new one would be faster due to a fresh battery. I'm sure it's possible for them to flash the chip making the heat different but you'd think they would announce something like that being added/changed heh.
  • sarwar
    Lol it finally died today.
    I charged it up and it turned off by itself with a 90 percent battery two puffs into the session. I checked the vape and it gave low battery/charge device sign on the app. Tried to charge again and it went from zero battery to full in 30 mins and upon turning it on it died again.
    I believe it is the battery alright. Its already on its way to Storz ppl. I am left with my pax 2 now and a grueling wait to get FF2.
    It had 154 hours on it and i enjoyed it very much. Kudos to bud whose awesome reviews helped me decide on it.
  • Baron23
    Sorry about your Crafty but wow....154 hours of run time....I bet you agree with me that a little loving tender refurbishment might be appropriate! :-O LOL

I'm sure S&B will have it back to you soonest.

Thanks for letting us know what was going on with your Crafty.

Cheers
  • Urcle
    I freaking love storz and bickel.

I am running 2.10 on my brand new second replacement. (first had the button break at 60 hours, second had battery die at 120 hours)

It has a glossy coating over the bottom now so it doesn't scratch right off. Sweet.
    It also heats up super fast now, definitely faster than either of the other two devices they sent me.

I bought a Plenty to use at home instead of using the Crafty all the time, best idea ever. The new Plenty Reducer and the capsules are awesome.
  • Flipz
    The PAX 2 is a real good one to have so your other options are still excellent ones!

I never noticed myself it heating up faster from the firmware. If I compare the heat up time from when I bought it to today, it def takes a little longer now to heat up but not nearly as bad as I thought lol.
  • sarwar
    pax2 is very good all in all. But it uses more herb than my crafty. Doesn't taste as good. Buzz doesn't last as long too.
    I feel as if my first vape which was the crafty has set the benchmark tad too high
  • Flipz
    I hear ya but personally I still enjoy my pax 2. The new vape accessories def help make it a better experience (Y)
  • sarwar
    newvape accessories are awesome. I'm impressed by the finish and quality of the fine grinder and the pusher bundle.
    Waiting on a water pipe adapter from them as well. Pax 2 oughta be even better through a water bong. Any ideas/experiences?
    Also the herb quality in my state is just trash. Planning a trip to colo soon to try concentrates and Jack herer
  • Flipz
    actually yes I do lol. put up a little post with pics months ago. it works really good btw http://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/470#Post_470
  • sarwar
    Really cool setup you got there
  • sarwar

I am getting the male type adapter as that's the one that goes with my rather small bong/tank. Getting it tomorrow though and also really glad to get shipment confirmation for my blue FF2 as well today
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment