• rossfrid
    @Dr green thumb

Mods are most certainly not created equal. Did you mean how accurate are the mods coming out of china?

That depends on the chipset the manufacturer is using in the mod. Wismec, for example, has their own proprietary chipset which controls every aspect of the mod, and they are pretty accurate. The chipset that Wismec uses has been around for years, undergoing minor modifications for different models.

There are 2 reviewers on YouTube that actually hook up real test equipment to mods, like oscilloscopes, to test their accuracies in both wattage and temperature control modes, and to see things like how long the delay is before they actually fire when you press the button, and how clean the power signature is on the scope.

See this review of an inaccurate mod: Arctic Dolphin Curve mod review

Some mods tested are very accurate, some are just a little underpowered or overpowered, and some are just not accurate at all.

But I believe they are consistent within models, so that, for example, the P80 will perform just the same as another P80. The differences between 2 different P80s, if any, would show up in things like the temperature sensors on the board, which are not as consistent in manufacturing as the main chip on the board.

Does that answer your question?
  • Dr green thumb

Yes, especially the temperature sensor info. Which means that bud may be chasing a gremlin that came from the factory with the wismec realoux gen 3
  • rossfrid
    @Dr green thumb

What gremlin is he chasing now? I mean what issues is he seeing/testing?
  • Dr green thumb

Some of the mods are overheating and after changing batteries and settings they still had it happening. Mods were the wismec realoux gen 3
  • rossfrid
    @Dr green thumb

Then you might find this interesting.

Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual Review

You will see that Wismec is using the entire body of the mod as the negative or ground. In other words, the electric current flows through the entire body of the mod itself. This might be why the mod is heating up more than the P80 after cruising.

And, if you watch the whole video, the reviewer says that if you press the fire key rapidly for 10 clicks, it will report the temperature of the board!

Does this help?
  • rossfrid
    @Dr green thumb

Was my above answer helpful?

:cool:
  • VapeCritic
    First test last night i ran a Sony VTC6 to 0% and the mod read 3.03v, then i put it in my digital nitecore charger and it read 3.17v which is a better sign than it being lower
  • Hazel
    Well that escalated quickly but looks like it resolved itself so that's good. :strong: Let's keep that love and chillness for one another. We're vape fam after all.... we a chill community. :kiss:

Bud's got a handle on it all. We love you all. We appreciate you all. :cool:

Happy Friday - back to mod and firmware convo after these words from our sponsors. @VapeCritic

mfldzrpsa4gr653o.gif

ilt7w2qhy68bf2av.jpg

8gd70nhlqju65bv0.jpg
  • EconMan
    as they have no experience vaping using an e-cig modrossfrid

That would be me. :meh: I knew nothing before the G43. :gasp:

I have however, figured out the general concept, and can work the controls sort of (if I could stop falling into a tetris vortex?). I find it is also amazing for carts.... It seems to work better assuming I am not deluded? As if, the second derivative of watts with respect to time seems positive (power increases at an increasing rate?). Regardless, I like the P80 and am becoming more and more comfortable, but would take months for me to know whether I had been engaging in best practices or not?? The information costs are simply too high for short term consumption.

We love you allHazel

Even me? :nerd:
  • Hazel
    yes, even you little econ with your massive adult sized baby nut sack (not being gross he posted a baby picture of himself lol)! :lol: :cool: :strong:
  • EconMan
    massive adult sized baby nut sackHazel

You noticed! :love: :party: :100: :heart: :monkey:
  • Pakalolo2
    Aw EconMan, she noticed!
  • Baron23
    Yeah, and I'm trying to unsee it! LOL
  • Hazel
    there’s no unseeing it. It’s been burned into us. We’ll never look at scrotom the same again :lol: :monkey:
  • Baron23
    We’ll never look at scrotom the same againHazel

hahaha...actually, I would rewrite that to be: "I hope to never look at a scrotum again".

Slight difference! jajajaja
  • MothChewMoth
    @VapeCritic@Hazel can you link the site that this myevic firmware came from? I'd like to read through any documentation they have on all the different settings so I can use this mod in other applications. I'd expect them to have some elaboration on what each of the menu settings do. Some are self explanatory like Tetris, Flappy Bird, and customizing what the different clicks do, but I'd like to dig a little deeper. Gracias!
  • BobCat

These should be the links:
    myevic
    https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic
    *Scroll down the page a bit and click on the hyperlink that says View all of README. md

sur_myevic most recent version of firmware
    *Scroll down the page a bit and click on the hyperlink that says View all of README. md
    *you may need to translate from Russian to English

I'm quoting Bud here because earlier in the thread I incorrectly stated he recommended only 20amp batteries. (20Amp are fine though)
    BATTERY & CHARGER G43 Info via Vapecritic
    BATTERIES:

Samsung 30Q and Sony VTC6 batteries are good enough for this vape because of its low current draw, you can go with a lower amp rating to get a higher mAh capacity. The 30Q and VTC6 batts are 15A and 3000mAh.

Basically any 18650 batteries on the market should work, should. I've been buying mine from IMRBatteries without issue.

CHARGERS:

Nitecore seems to be the brand of choice among many, and I've been using this brand for a while too. Lately I'm using my Q4 model charger, which isn't digital but it can charge at 2A. They have a D4 model with a digital readout but it charges at a slower speed, which is said to extend overall battery life.

These chargers are all pretty cheap and only run ~$13-$24 at imrbatteries.com
    VapeCritic
  • Bruce

You can't buy happiness,
    But you can buy the G43 and that's the same as happiness.

Make sure you take Bud for a walk and give him treats.

Peace, Love & Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • LabPong
    sur_myevic most recent version of firmware
    *you may need to translate from Russian to English
    BobCat

Bummer....this one and the other one before it....do not show any info about the "Misc" Menu settings.
  • BobCat

Hi Lab,
    There is some scant info on the MISC Submenu under section 5b. SCREEN MENU.

@VapeCritic @Hazel
    Howdy snowbirds! Do you have a more detailed link to the firmware menus than what I provided?
    Mucho Thanko!

@rossfrid Do you have one?
  • Hazel
    I don't know anything about mods or firmware but I did do a lot of research on how to customize the cruise mode and other settings when Bud was looking for that. The site and link you initially posted is where I started my original search.

I don't know if this is the right link or if its the correct software version etc. etc. etc. But I do know that if you bought the box-mod from us you have a Wismec Sinuous P80 mod with myevic firmware on it, specifically updated version 1.1, because I loaded the software into each mod. lol

So with the minimal knowledge I have I think these links might be helpful. I hope they will be helpful. :pray: They explain what each menu and sub-folder are for and how to use them as well as how to configure and customize advanced settings for all the menu tiers.

*This is probably the best as it's a full how-to breakdown directly from NFE.*
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uF5xCzg-8LqbiCwom5oKJWhIBnt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/edit?usp=sharing

This is main NFE Team Forum page where you can access all sorts of different firmware information and updated links, as well as join forum and ask questions if that's you're thing. :wink: lol
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/

Scroll towards bottom and start reading or go all the way to bottom and click the next page button. Just browse through all the pages as it goes through all the different menus and customization etc.
    https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/git_doc_en/usageandcompatibility_en.md

Hope this helps! And don't download anything without really researching and knowing it's right because I have zero knowledge about this outside of what I said above. :kiss:
  • BobCat
    Thanks. I was trying to help @MothChewMoth & @LabPong, and I wanted make sure I wasn't giving out 'misinformation.' You're the bestest!
  • Hazel
    Hope it's helpful! I mean the Google Doc thats on the NFE forum too seems to have everything someone could desire to learn and know. Soooo betta be lol

I'll be waiting for feedback @MothChewMoth and @LabPong :wink:
  • Paul247to
    I'm listening to this and replacing "MTV" with "G43"

.....I want my G43........I want my G43.......
    with the G43 them chix are free.....lol

I feel like i'm in "Dire Straits" without my G43 and really really wanna join my "Brothers in Arms"

stoned...obviously :lol:
    also i dont see a picture of a guitar there i see a G43!!!
    help lol
  • John Cocktostone
    well played sir. I bet many cannabis consumers here have never heard that classic.
  • zancru

Dire Straits man.
    I was a kiddo jajajaja
    1985, I was 9yo jajajaja
    Tapes and a Bic pen, match like beer and weed ;)
    My favorite part so far...
    “We gotta install microwave ovens
    Custom kitchen deliveries
    We gotta move these igerators
    We gotta move these color TV's…”
  • MothChewMoth
    Sultans of Swing is really where it's at. Just because the song is or than me doesn't mean that I'm ignorant of good music :joke:

• rossfrid
    @BobCat

No, I do not have any info on the custom firmware. But I will look at the links that Hazel provided for us today.

I'm interested in what the BattZC toggle does.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment