• Pakalolo2
    I couldn’t agree more with you my friend. :cool: Your logic is consistent and noteworthy. However, I can attest to the efficiency and difference of the flow dynamics that I have experienced with the Vortex technology that Austyn has utilized in this device when compared to me Titanium Omni. It really works as described and that will be only know to you when you have an opportunity to experience first hand.

To your second point, you are correct in your cursory definition of “Patent Pending” or "Provisional Patents". I understand the process and spoke to Austyn a few weeks before he filed and the only reason for doing do was for the protections afforded him and his intellectual property. Some patent searches were made (myself included) and no similar prior art was found. IMHO, he has a pretty good chance of convincing the Examiners of granting him a "Utility Patent" for this device. It may be stolen, cloned and fabricated in China when it's all said and done; that is the unfortunate climate that all intellectual property holders risk.

With regard to the pricing model Simrell Collections uses, I would ask the question of how did DynaVap arrive at the $190 price asked for their OmniVap XL. Novelty, durability, ease of maintenance and effects are all considered of their "features and benefits" that justify the MSRP. I truth, the final arbiter of this debate is the consumer who ultimately will part with their hard earned cash for one of Austyn's awesome creations or not. :cool: Good intentions all around!
  • Bad Dog
    Nice galactic camo
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    With regard to the pricing model Simrell Collections uses, I would ask the question of how did Dynavap arrive at the $190 price asked for their OmniVap XL. Novelty, durability, ease of maintenance and effects are all considered of their "features and benefits" that justify the MSRP. I truth, the final arbiter of this debate is the consumer who ultimately will part with their hard earned cash for one of Austyn's awesome creations or not. :cool: Good intentions all around!Pakalolo2

Well said @Pakalolo2 his work is a bargain at $200 IMO. Its pretty hard to put a price on a unique piece of art. Its value is in the eye of the beholder.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Dynavap users, which model dynavap is the least restrictive in airflow and does this vortex Simrell beat them all for more open airflow? Thanks
  • DatDus
    I love this one :love:
  • Chronic Pain
    From my personal experience...
    Of all the Dynavaps I own (way too many...) the OmniVap XL has the best airflow.
    I also own the same Simrell as Zancru and it seems to have slightly better airflow than the XL.
    Very subjective though... Sometimes I pack too tight, I'm a terrible grinder, etc...
  • acstorfer
    With regard to the pricing model Simrell Collections uses, I would ask the question of how did Dynavap arrive at the $190 price asked for their OmniVap XL. Novelty, durability, ease of maintenance and effects are all considered of their "features and benefits" that justify the MSRP. I truth, the final arbiter of this debate is the consumer who ultimately will part with their hard earned cash for one of Austyn's awesome creations or not. :cool: Good intentions all around!
    — Pakalolo2

Well said Pakalolo2 his work is a bargain at $200 IMO. Its pretty hard to put a price on a unique piece of art. Its value is in the eye of the beholder.
    The Rogue Wax Works

Hell, when you get down to it how do any companies justify costs. You can’t possibly tell me Mighty costs over $100.00 per unit (and honestly I can’t imagine it’s half that) to make. Actually there is an easy justification. Now these units cost dollars to make, but that first one cost a shitload of money through R&D. Those previous R&D costs must be recouped. The difference between companies like Dynavap and Storz & Bickel is Dynavap continues with R&D striving to make each model better year after year. Storz & Bickel stopped at better batteries for their portables.

Just like with everything any item’s worth is purely what someone else is willing to pay for it. When I started my vaporizer research I knew early on that all roads will eventually lead to the Mighty. I tried lots of things, but in my mind all research led to it. Just like Thanos, my Mighty was inevitable. Just that VAS demands a premium price. Then there is that “twice the price doesn’t mean twice as good” concept. That concept is flawed in my opinion. Many things are almost there, but once all categories are checked, even though it’s just one category more, it’s usually worth twice the price. If someone made an all glass cooling unit for the Mighty, even though it may be just a little better, or no better at all, people will pay a lot of money for them.

Anyway, I’m stoned and this is a rant! That being said, everyone please support Dynavap. This is a company that doesn’t rest on their laurels (which they could if they wanted to), and it’s obvious their priority is customers over profit. They don’t get in anyone’s way to people who make aftermarket stuff for their products. Seriously, their M model, their cheapest model gets an upgrade every year. They could sell the 2018 models for $100.00, and people will buy them. Instead, they improve the model and make only $5.00 price increases per year.
  • zancru
    That was my last Custom Simrell Collection stem.
    The Vortex Galactic Camo Anodized!!!
    My first Vortex OG Arco Iris Custom Simrell Collection was one of a kind color.
    Here are some pics. And they don’t really do any justice, to the beautiful display of colors!!!
    Stay vaped.
    pnst4zdv1zk94chd.jpeg
    rw3axzoohto853js.jpeg
    mepxssqa3gh03rnd.jpeg
    kog508mmixpmiaun.jpeg
    a0fbhfcymz0ohuug.jpeg
    04yi49rgsvyzwu9e.jpeg
    o2hipugd2gm5t6rz.jpeg
  • Pakalolo2
    absolutely gorgeous Zanman! Austyn made you a Masterpiece!
  • onejuicyfruit
    Thanks for your input. I was thinking Omni but then heard the Simrell stem was more open/less restrictive.
  • Pakalolo2
    it is IMO! I haven’t used my Omni or M for a month now.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Did you just get tired of them or perhaps you like to rotate the vapes you are using....Just curious.
  • Pakalolo2
    Great question! The honest answer is that I loved the technology that the DynaVap brought to my vaping experience. It is simple yet very complex in the way it really works with the flow dynamics in the device. It’s cool.

The Vortex simply took this to another level and I prefer its performance (and frankly the aesthetics). It certainly did not hurt to know I could have a hand in determining what materials, color scheme or styling I wanted with Austyn as a independent purveyor of his craft that could not be done with DynaVap.

Will I use my Omni Titanium or the 2018 “M” again? Short answer, of course or at least the Omni. For now, I have taken the Ti tip off the Omni and placed it on my Amboyna Burl Vortex stem and taken the SS tip off the “M” and pair it with a Dynacoil and they now are placed on the Omni. Alas, the “M” has been “retired” tipless.

Hope this helps.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Yes, it helped a lot. Your answer is what I needed to hear. Much appreciated!
  • Chronic Pain

The best thing about the Dynavap is that all the parts can be bought separately.
    You can go mix and match CRAZY! :starstruck:
    Plus since it's popular people are starting to make some cool 3rd party accessories.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Thanks Chronic. Which do you use?
  • Chronic Pain
    I'm playing around with these right now... I started with the Omni Titanium XL and went from there. (I own quite a few DynaVaps I'm embarrassed to say :blush: )

The Titanium Tip has adjustable screens the Stainless Steel doesn't. DynaVap's website has all the info, plus a cool DynaVap Builder Section.
    Anyways.. I got the water adapter and glass stems from Sneaky Pete's website and the Simrell from Austyn Simrell (he's on instagram and you can just DM him, but he is also setting up his own website so he can sell his collection directly to the public)

(Sorry if the image looks bad and the sizes aren't right, but my photoshop skills are crappy)
    ymsg4c9ha59o9pat.jpg
  • onejuicyfruit
    [reply="Chronic Pa
    That's a very nice shot and collection. When you use the Simrell stem is there any high temp gasket involved anywhere? I'm thinking about the Simrell and a Ti tip and just don't know what else I might need. I think I have that WPA from SP but have to find it again.
    Again, thank you for the info and pic!
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    1ws38qjlodeazkyj.jpeg
    nbrrnl404jw26bqg.jpeg
    1kr5tbp6hbozx334.jpeg
    4lkvwaddjts72s4t.jpeg
    8atpz8nza3hwz5na.jpeg
    by6hsqk0pvyk598v.jpeg
    Thanks Austyn! Straight up BADASS!
  • onejuicyfruit
    Ahhh, that is beautiful...looks like some beauties in the background too!
  • Chronic Pain
    I dug up a little bit more info for you.

Sneaky Pete has a very good review/demo of one of Austyn Simrells designs.
    https://www.sneakypetestore.com/blogs/vaporizer-reviews-user-guides/simrell-vortex-stem-review

Austyn is also getting his website up and running:
    https://www.simrellcollection.com/product-category/vaporizers/

In Austyns own words...
    "The process is very personalized, tailored, detailed and effective, while at the same time simple
    Consult – Design – Deliver
    Contact us for a personal consultation"
  • onejuicyfruit
    I watched SP video and sent an email to Austyn. Thanks a lot for your time and opinions. You are appreciated!
  • Dr green thumb

In watching videos of the dynavap in action and using my own nonavong. I am not seeing any difference in vapor production. Maybe this is more cosmetic.

The price is also pretty steep.
  • UbarDog
    Test it out by putting the 2 x-rings above airport on the M. ;p Its the same thing no ?

The guy does create some aesthetically pleasing pieces but $150 is a little steep in my eye's . At this price tag i doubt i will ever get to test one so , Glass nipples will do me sorry.
  • Dr green thumb
    the intercooler version is more. Looks closer to $200
  • Raven907
    Simrellcustoms makes some beautiful pieces. Might be a few months before I get one but I'm sure it will be worth it.
  • Jory
    Hi all,
    Hey, I've never owner or used Dynavap before, but have been looking at getting one to try. Is it worth getting one of these out of the gate performance wise or do you think I'd be better off with a new m. I was thinking of getting the 2019 m shadow edition I believe it's called and getting an adjustable load ti tip for it to start with as I don't want to spend like $200 of a omnivong and not liking it. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment