• cobranine
    Anyone received a Fluxer Heater ? What do you think of it ? I'm on the list waiting my turn...
  • Magicman
    My time has come. The email has arrived. I will order this weekend and start another diary. Flux is deluxe.
  • Hippie
    Nothing fluxes like a fluxer!
  • Philly
    Is he behind on orders? I put one in months ago.
  • Mangu
    yes he’s been addressing an issue with the smaller diameter coils. I think he’s getting back on top of that now.
  • fluxerheaters
    @Philly Hi - I have never been particularly quick at making these. There's some hand work involved, and they just take time to build correctly. However, as @Mangu said, I did slow the pace even further while I was working through a voltage spike issue that was killing my MOSFETs, as the heaters were failing in the field and I didn't know why. I finally resolved that issue a few weeks ago (details and oscilloscope screen shots available in my FC thread), and have been able to spend more of my Fluxer time building heaters, and less time either repairing previously built heaters or redesigning the circuit board to incorporate the fix. I am still slow, but it's mostly new heaters that are leaving the shop these days, so things are moving in the right direction.

I recently added the following statement to my FC signature: "I'm currently building Flux Deluxes for people who got on the waiting list on or anytime before: January 13, 2019 . When this group is done, I'll reach out to another cohort and update this signature."

If the above doesn't tell you about where you are, please free to send me an email () and I'll let you know where you are on the list.

Lastly, I think it's worth mentioning that although the wait is long, I don't collect any money until your heater is done and ready to ship. I don't even prepare the invoice until the heater is done and ready to box up. You can bail out at any point in the build process.

Thanks for your patience! :up: I hope to get to your heater soon!
    Dealing with @fluxerheaters is an absolute pleasure. Customer service is second to none “if” you ever have a problem. I sent back my 14mm coil unit because I dropped it and broke the glass. The unit still worked fine even with the broken glass. It was fixed and ready to be shipped back to me the same day as he received it! I highly recommend!
  • BawlmerMerlin
    Anyone have any insight on the fairly new 15 mm model? Got on the list at the end of January and have been watching developments closely on FC. My number should come up fairly soon and I'm thinking that 15 mm will be the sweet spot. My XL Ti DynaVap & bocote DynaStash await their new friend to complete the new age Dugout!
  • Philly
    thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get one. Very glad that you take the time to QC your work.
  • ReeferMan
    It took almost 5 months, but it arrived on 4/20. It works as advertised, has a custom feel, and if someone breaks in you house, your gun is not near, hit them with this thing.
  • Mangu
    dude you’re most likely gonna love it!
  • Magicman
    I agree with Reeferman.
  • Pakalolo2
    I have the 15mm coil and I am totally thrilled with this IH!!!

:cool: :fire: :up:

Amazing accesory that when used in combination with a Smrell Vortex stem/Titanium tip...AMAZING!
  • Terpenetime
    I think I’ll be going for the 15mm, it appears to be the sweet spot from the reports I've seen.
  • bulllee
    I got my 15mm about 2 months and love it. I have a Lucid desk top and the Flux Deluxe, out of the two the Flux is quicker. But how quick ? LOL. I can't imagine using a 14mm coil. The 15mm is quick as hell. :cool:
  • LabPong
    I got my 15mm about 2 months and love it. I have a Lucid desk top and the Flux Deluxe, out of the two the Flux is quicker. But how quick ? LOL. I can't imagine using a 14mm coil. The 15mm is quick as hell. :cool:bulllee

How many seconds for the first click with the 15mm coils?
  • bulllee
    I tried timing and came up with an average of 6.4 seconds on a full load. After the first click has warmed the bowl it goes to 4 seconds on average.At the moment I'm comfortably numb so it has gotten harder for accurate times. :rofl: So my Lucid runs 17 seconds and I can't tell right now how quick it is on the reheat. This was all done using a ss tip, and glass strong arm stem, and a fat boy mouthpiece . 635glezluz6g21l7.jpg
  • Pakalolo2
    I’m running a Titanium tip and get my 1st click (full load) averaging 5-6 seconds but the 2nd click comes in around 4 seconds. I have not tried using a SS tip yet.
  • EconMan
    It took almost 5 months, but it arrived on 4/20. It works as advertised, has a custom feel, and if someone breaks in you house, your gun is not near, hit them with this thing.ReeferMan

It is always near. :death:
  • LabPong
    Interesting.....I wonder if the cool off times are quicker as well?

Oh ...yea sorry I forgot to ask about which tip used as well.......
  • Magicman
    Who is this @ReeferMan? He is one smart dude.

I have the 14mm. I keep the dial at 50%. Cold start heat up is 7-8 seconds. After first heat up.3-5 seconds.
  • BawlmerMerlin
    @Pakalolo2

I actually received my 15 mm Flux Deluxe a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it so much I neglected to post about the experience. I was not interested in going the torch method, so I had my titanium Omni XL standing by for some time. While I cannot compare to using a torch, the FD is everything I was hoping it would be, and then some!

I got gun metal grey with top-mount ON/OFF and red LED. I believe I am # 111. Will post a photo of DynaStash, Vapcap & FD when I return from a current trip. Very highly recommended !
  • Nicholas May
    I'm wanting to get a FluxDelux but don't know what size coil I should get a 14mm coil or a 15mm coil can any one help me with this please would be greatly appreciated.
  • fluxerheaters

For the current circuit board with the electromechanical relay (aka the analog relay), go with either the 15mm or the 16mm, depending on your preference for max extraction (15mm) vs flavor (16mm).

I've found the 14mm + electromechanical relay to be too hot - great on the first heating cycle, but subsequent heating cycles combust a high percentage of the time. and if *I* find it to be too hot, it's too hot, lol.

The 15mm is better in this regard and less likely to combust, but it is still heats aggressively, and will require you to remove the vapcap quickly, The 16mm coil size heats less aggressively but still works quite well, and works beter with the new analog relay than it did with the previous solid state relay - the longer heating time leads to better heat penetration.

BTW, I am coming out with a new, thicker-walled 16mm insert soon - it's like the current 16mm, but w/2.5mm walls the effects are even more pronounced, leading to even better heat penetration, flavor, and vapor production.I need to fine tune the install and create some comparison videos, etc, so it isn;t *quite* ready for release yet, bit it will be coming soon. I'll have more info on the new size within a few weeks, but wanted to mention it here for the sake of completeness.

The TL;DR on Flux Deluxe coil sizes wrt to the current analog power relay circuit board:

14mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = too hot overall and too easy to combust, but fantastic first hit extraction. Not recommended for the current analog power relay, but this remains a good choice for the solid state relay/top mount temp control option.
    15mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = heats aggressively but is manageable; good flavor; quickest extraction that is useable (2-3 hits typically). Quick reflexes recommended, though it will train you if you don't have them ;)
    16mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = heats very nicely, with best flavor, although slower extraction (4-6 cycles per load for a full load). Best extraction experienced by leaving this in 1-2 seconds post-click.

Hope that helps :)
  • LabPong
    The TL;DR on Flux Deluxe coil sizes wrt to the current analog power relay circuit board:

14mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = too hot overall and too easy to combust, but fantastic first hit extraction. Not recommended for the current analog power relay, but this remains a good choice for the solid state relay/top mount temp control option.
    15mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = heats aggressively but is manageable; good flavor; quickest extraction that is useable (2-3 hits typically). Quick reflexes recommended, though it will train you if you don't have them ;)
    16mm coil + Flux Deluxe w/analog relay = heats very nicely, with best flavor, although slower extraction (4-6 cycles per load for a full load). Best extraction experienced by leaving this in 1-2 seconds post-click.

Hope that helps :)
    fluxerheaters

Fluxer.... It would help to understand them better if you put a "seconds to click" data point....for a Ti and/or SS tips.

Your new thicker glass on the 16mm sounds interesting.
  • fluxerheaters
    "Fluxer.... It would help to understand them better if you put a "seconds to click" data point....for a Ti and/or SS tips."

I agree, LabPong, which is one reason this is not launched yet. I'll try to have such data ready when this becomes formally available.
  • LabPong
    I agree, LabPong, which is one reason this is not launched yet. I'll try to have such data ready when this becomes formally available.fluxerheaters

:ok: Thanks.....to me this is one of the most important parts of choosing one....even though most would not think about this aspect.
  • Terpenetime
    BTW, I am coming out with a new, thicker-walled 16mm insert soonfluxerheaters

This is what I like so much about your approach. You already manufacture what many would consider to be the market leading product yet you continue to innovate and improve :clap: :clap: :clap: :100:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment