• Urcle
    Hey,
    First post.

I am wondering in what ways if any the Crafty is better than the Firefly 2?

Did the new filling capsules from Storz and Bickel do a little bit to combat the advantage of shorter bowl obligation of the Firefly 2? Did this potentially raise your Crafty score or other S&B vape scores?

WILL YOU PLEASE MAKE A VIDEO DETAILING YOUR THOUGHTS ON USING THE REDUCERS AND FILLING CAPSULES WITH ALL YOUR S&B VAPES?
    (I THINK THESE MAY POTENTIALLY CHANGE YOUR CURRENT SCORES AS THEY MAY HOLD NEW ADVANTAGES)

I have watched your reviews. the joint vs bowl relation is a good analogy.

I own the crafty (and the volcano) and can't live without it, but while its currently being shipped away for a defect, I am rethinking my vape life. I used the volcano to successfully quit smoking (I do occasionally) years ago, which I am teaching my girlfriend to do the same now with the Crafty. I always wanted portable vape but knew it wasn't going to be like the Volcano quality, then I saw one day they released the Crafty and Mighty and I knew then and there portables were ready for the big leagues. I know S&B are about amazing performance and quality, been with them since the original Volcano, '06 baby. We end up using the Crafty not only on the go but at home because we both agree its actually better than the Volcano. Something that took me months to realize/accept, remember the volcano was my go to for years. A clean Volcano makes a big difference, we both like it more with fresh bag and clean parts but the Crafty is just very TASTY and the volcano ALWAYS gives me severe dry mouth. ~The only issues with the Crafty besides the need to recharge often and the inevitable need to return and exchange them almost regularly with regular use IS the arguably large capacity without liquid pad that can seem to be a little wasteful if you don't recycle materials in some way after first use and probably more important, THE NEED TO HIT ALL OF YOUR BOWL IN ONE SITTING.~ I don't like reheating a barely hit bowl, it seems a lot gets wasted. Drag resistance seemed uncomfortable to me at first but no longer bothers me.

To solve the issue of using the Crafty too much at home and for some serious experimenting,
    I just ordered a Plenty, its reducer, and a magazine of filling capsules.

I am absolutely stoked about getting the Plenty.
    I must admit for years I thought it was kind of weird, but it kind of seems like a Crafty with no compromise for being transportable. Less drag resistance, a cooling coil, removable filling area from heating element, endless power, lots of bowl size options with reducer and capsules..

back to the FF2 and the Crafty...
    Is it perhaps very slightly better vapor from one of them?
    Can you note differences you notice between the two vapors, or drag possibilities?
    How does the Crafty using a filling chamber compare to FireFly 2 for efficiency etc.?

THANKS!!!
  • Flipz
    I can't answer much about the questions as there directed towards the @VapeCritic but the S&B plenty is a beast! Besides it looking like a power drill, it's vapor quality & performance is top notch (Y)
  • Urcle

Thanks, I am really excited, should be here sometime next week.
  • oldskuule
    There's a lot of comparison comments in the thread Crafty is still king! (and elsewhere if you spelunk deep enough here; I'm getting you started.)

I own both the Crafty and the Firefly 2. This is an expensive combination, so not many of us can make a direct comparison, but impressions of one can only go so far without direct experience with the other.

I used to grind fresh for each bowl, weighing the flower first. Huh!? I got over that. I now pregrind a few favorites into Infinity Jars 15 Ml (Amazon), and I simply fill the bowl, Crafty or FF2. I waste a lot. It's like leaving some beer in a $2 bottle, I don't beat myself up over it. The first half of a bowl is best, I don't see the point of capsules. I have old friends who have a Crafty but still roll joints; I'm still more efficient than that.

Since my previous comments I've returned to using my Crafty more. Why? The FF2 is instant on, and easier on the throat. Once on, the Crafty is quicker and more predictable dosing. A relevant downside to the Crafty is reliability; I've been lucky but my friends have not been lucky here. One needs a $100 backup vape, to go with a Crafty if one isn't going to back it up with a FF2.

This may come down to tolerance. If AI tools were more easily available, we'd take a quiz as part of our profile here, and the AI software would make recommendations like Netflix personalizes for movies. I consider myself a lightweight (one bowl per night at bedtime) but I'm still imagining others doing spit-takes at the idea of making the Crafty bowl smaller, yet too polite to say so. It's far easier to just fill either bowl from a jar of already ground flower.

So this is it: It gets old waiting on the Crafty to warm up, but one can find ways to deal with this. It gets even older waiting on enough draws from the FF2 to reach cruising altitude, if the Crafty is an alternative. Of course, this explains why the FF2 is easier on the throat, and one can learn to go easy as needed with the Crafty, too.

So higher tolerance folks will prefer the Crafty (or move up to the Mighty or even bigger bowls), unless they look forward to an extended session like a professor with a tobacco pipe. I vape outside, and it is sometimes too cold to enjoy this activity as a prolonged meditation.
  • Flipz
    Great post and comparison!!! (Y) Always appreciate hearing everyone's feedback!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment