• UbarDog
    This is a thread where you can show off your little DIY projects.
    Prefered they are Kept to Vaping, But what the hell if you proud of it Show it Off! :D

@Cl4ud3 I Know this man has some NICE DIY's bits -Any new photo's? if not Re-hash old ones

Gonna Start it off with(Most of you guessed allready)....... Vapcap Stems,

Burnt the old one yesterday insired by Ctipp22 and BestBud. Sorry if I got you wrong Stoner brain
    I made another one today- Oak, Ti linned, 18mm I wanted to make it "Curvy". They are simple to make
    and both go in my sidecar Rig nicely
    20190204-162309.jpg
  • UbarDog
    No one, Shamless Bump then: blush:

Stuck in for now so while waiting for my G-43 and a 2018M that I won, thank you @VapeCritic . I have dedicated this stem to the prize M ^^. I sealed the deal with a bit of branding using bud's pick as the iron.
    20190205-215527.jpg

I also dug out an old Nokia phone "arm band" With a clip and loops that fit the Pick/stir tool and the mod when its here.

20190205-215447.jpg
    mvva0e1236btmxyb.jpeg
    clxcgwl2t1ezfqc9.jpeg
  • Cl4ud3
    So this was sent to me via Phattpiggie and came from a forum member in Australia.
    He makes some very very nice VapCap and stem stands and decided to share them out within the vape community.
    I was given a choice of a half dozen but this smallest one looked perfect for what I needed. It's got quite a bit of weight to it for a small piece, perfectly weighted actually. f0nd2ul79i538845.jpg
    yocv5mdxby9rqq5f.jpg
    With my Phattpiggie bocote stem.
    9w5eeajvygg201df.jpg
  • UbarDog

Looking good!!!!, Few more detail please if pos.
    Its a P.A.M from RBT
    Machinical on and off Via pushing the stem?
    Whats it made out of

Looks really nice , Rustic! I really wana call it heart wood. A cap stand is on my list at somepoint. Did you find out what "type" of magnetic it was ?

Out of all the stands you have, you picked one that is not made by you :(
    Some of them I know you made yourself. ya gonna make me link em :joke: ?
    Edit: I never did ask you the £ of that Burl slab?
  • Cl4ud3
    Did you find out what "type" of magnetic it was ?UbarDog

I will need to ask him if he stuck with the Dynamags or not. I know from experience not all those super strong magnets are created equally, I have some that are very strong magnet to magnet but rubbish on the caps.

I never did ask you the £ of that Burl slab?UbarDog

I made it a few years back and it was around £40 with postage I think. They do get these things in quite often under Woodwise Uk on eBay.

Yes it’s an RBT PAM. Simple mechanical unregulated. Wood is stained oak. Not sure what the Pam is made of though.
  • Egzoset
    Salutations UbarDog,

...show off your little DIY projects. ... ...if you proud of it Show it Off!UbarDog

Mine is the KILLER concept everyone seems determined to hate for motives unrelated to vaporism, partly even self-serving socio-economic ones i suspect. Call me paranoïd, that's how i manage to rationalize it!... Anyway it's been explained (in vain) in this dedicated thread previously:

vv5enddix7yapsem.gif

[ https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2894/implementing-the-forgotten-fig-1112-item-of-vaporgenies-patent/p1 ]
    Implementing the forgotten Fig. 11/12 item of VaporGenie's patent

Too bad i yet got to read from individuals who actually gathered its implications after acquiring a common background from engaging into such no-brainer & affordable DiY challenge. Not to mention the intellectual property belongs to the inventor of the well-known VaporGenie pipe, mister Dan Steinberg, who initially conceived his patented design in 2002, hence my title above...

What i did was to extend his 2-layers non-implemented layout into a 3-layers sandwhich structure, then 4 as it suited my "Plan-B" scenario even better (a matter of KISS philosophy focussed on multi-function components)... The resulting potential range of applications is of mamoth proportions, my intention in demonstrating "Plan-B" was to invite pioneers to take my challenge to replicate & peer review, using the butane-operated pipe to get preliminary perceptions on the kind of performances to expect from an IH-driven "Plan-A" scenario, since both options share a common feature: my LAVA engine depends on a temporarily STORED "Heat Charge" which can be injected using either clean-butane burning (extensively demonstrated), or either IH Power. This design can accomodate both options simultaneously and hence "Plan-B" offers a window on some very promissing future though at an economic cost, basic requirement is to own a VG pipe, then accept to void its waranty by splitting VG's SiC core in 2 parts:

mdivix9in5a1qs5i.png

6buajc3gxph82971.png

Which then allows 3+ layers and an improved set of features, for example much more appropriate support for full-metal 2-flames compatible tops...

87wz0btgghs0sw7b.png

gyg0lp4coe8f9ah3.png

This one is made of aluminium and became practical thanks to a "Micro-Bursting" consumption method & ritual, honestly it's most regrettable i couldn't evaluate such strategy before! The next step would be to transpose my Hybrid Core configuration to an IH compatible setup, ideally. The absence of Inlet Water explains why i haven't put aside "Plan-B" just yet. Not to mention i plan to compare alu tops with one made of brass, so i can get a fully customized set:

pc3y4tn9wmj205c3.png

Without any wood tops prone to over-heat until it smells...

3zkw8z3funtpann2.png

Indeed my Super-Solo contracption (HerbalAir v2.1 based) "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" is still around, just in case i might need to deal with Trudeau's Tumble Mari-Caca again!!

2spue78w3z4ks6yl.gif

But that's not a priority...

Tumbled weed actually proves a limitation (or a blessing!) of pulse-mode operation if we consider such low-quality load appears to defeat my present consumption method as it preferably targets frosted contact-surfaces in an effort to differentiate tiny-mass trichomes floating among larger shread bits. In comparison the popular slow/steady baking method may offer some compensation via a "CHEAT" near-placebo effect where everything including not-so-noble molecules endures deep extraction refocussed on plant material instead of the sacred trichomes alone. Yet it's most wasteful on top of being tough on the airways...

So my "Plan-B" fallback option practically became permanent at this point; besides my LAVA concept nothing on my radar retains attention - or maybe i've just turned blind to the perceived horizon, by virtue of the "Peter Syndrome" i guess...

Good day, have fun!! :cool:
  • UbarDog
    20190513-113540.jpg

Silver birch burl!
    Found this a few months back its been drying. Its was the verge of being too spongy .I decided to cut it up and see coz you never know what you will get inside.

Alot was Gash! now fire wood.

20190513-113552.jpg

Gonna giv it a week and see whats what because after one day the main chunk (not pictured) has dried and crack beond use. :( Shame because it was looking real good. Was gonna be Main stand. Some of the smaller chunks are in better health so....I think a G-43+mod stand to come next week.
  • welshman
    :gasp: think I’ve just finally understood what Egzosets LAVA thing actually is!! He’s changed a “flame filter” into a heat retaining filter that presumably releases enough heat to keep vaporising after being heated with torch power in a pipe I’d not heard of.
  • Ctipp22
    The inventions and tinkering thread should be moved into this thread.
  • BestBuds
    Mine is the KILLER concept everyone seems determined to hate for motives unrelated to vaporism, partly even self-serving socio-economic ones i suspect. Call me paranoïd, that's how i manage to rationalize it!... Anyway it's been explained (in vain) in this dedicated thread previouslyEgzoset

I for one hope you don't really feel like we hate your design. I didn't understand it because I was unfamiliar with the vape you were using as a reference point, then there's the language barrier and lastly you are too damn smart man! I am with @welshman now I understand your concept! Are you offering your modifications for sale or is it just knowledge you are passing on to us?
    No hate here bud! All love! :victory:
  • UbarDog
    Double post from Nano thread sooo its basicly another shamless bump.

Amost done with stand . I need a new drill bit then I can get G-43 in the center WITH mod . Then its a final sand down and another couple of waxings

20190524-162108.jpg
    20190524-162118.jpg
    20190524-162148.jpg

So come on people upload me some Vape DIY pics
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @UbarDog looks great. Is that what you were able to salvage from your burl?

My DIY stash box
    73ilx9ll9c868dsf.jpg
  • UbarDog

Burl was a bust!!!! Big time. After a couple of hours - cutting it down to workable pieces. With a lack of proper tool's to make it ALOT harder. After one day drying the main slab cracked into multiple useless pieces. It looked good :( I could still use it, but would be just as much resin as wood by the end. Another small bit was real nice. started making a J-hook holder and nearing the end it kinda exploded. Cracked in two 3 peaces. I gave up. TBH it was from a 1/2 rotting tree so.

Like they say about Burls . You never know what you gonna get.

That slab of wood was from some clean up they did near me. I got a couple of slabs dry ^^ They just not crazy burl.

Btw stash boxes .

Are they simple if you have a pillar drill ?
  • Egzoset
    Salutations BestBuds,

Your answer below:

-=*=-

LEGALEEZE stuff

Please feel welcome to appreciate Egzoset's "LAVA" conceptual yet most enthousiast (and donated...) extension to VaporGenie's intellectual property, initially invented by Dan Steinberg nearly 2 decades ago, then rightfully patented (US7434584-B2) and published in 2008.

Consequently lets keep in mind this is actually foccussed on legit VG owners prepared to void the warranty in order to explore possible DiY upgrades, hopefully inspired by my present personal 6th year testimony. In addition be advised that all requests involving material, commerce, services and/or even exchanges shall be promptly rejected simply because IT'S A HOBBY (e.g. centered on free cognitive contributions illustrated by a photo collection)...

Since 2010 the driving force of Egzoset ain't ever been mercantile trade, not even a tiny bit and that's all there is to say about the social "context" (e.g. pay no attention to anyone pretending that's for self-serving financial benefit or similar ego-centric advancement)! The one thing to be found here has to do with "sharing the fun", nothing else. As a result the purpose of my 6th-year dedicated thread is strictly restricted to providing eventual instructions on how to perform a transformation so that others than myself can acquire an independent capability to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW, the rest WILL be considered as potential hostile (obstructive) noise destined to be managed accordingly.

In other words no apparent advertising here is real, it's a parody (seasoned with a mix of fantasy & proof-of-concept) merely intended to entertain while equally suggesting what the forgotten Fig. 11/12 item of Steinberg's registered patent could have become, twenty-some years later...

-=*=-

N.B.: I'm still active where allowed to post in peace, just not here.
  • LabPong
    Egzoset what vapes do you use regularly?
  • UbarDog

Please don't take this negativly . Your stuff is ABOVE and beond this thread . Would you mind to please take it to other thread . The one you made. Thanks dude

This Thread is more for Eye candy and basic DIY's

I made this travel case for Glass stem. Silicone washers and foam both ends. Once stem is inside you can shake like mad with no rattle. I thought this would be oki.
    20190625-101522.jpg

New Family Shot

20190625-095036.jpg

I dropped my glass charlie stem on to carpet a day before I went camping last week . It was out side of the case I made and it scared me. So I dug out my Grade 2 Ti stem its heat treated and come in at 92mm long with out tip. No chance of breaking this bad boy

20190622-152412.jpg
  • Chandler
    Dropped n broke my glass Charlie stem on concrete few weeks ago. "do I purchase another?" has been taking over my thoughts
  • Vapeacake
    Many thanks for the kind words sir the magnet is 12 mm X 5 mm thick neo rare earth, the wood is Wattle ( very dark heart wood )@Cl4ud3
  • meeemeee
    5tu1vn9evbhezolq.jpg
    u42imhnsgzsmo5qi.jpg
    The G-flam
  • BestBuds
    Go on.... :chin:
  • meeemeee
    it's a butane powered vape I made with bits I had lying around. :fire:
  • BestBuds
    how does it work? :lol:
  • Nwhite2443
    this is genius. Making mine now :cool:
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Hmmmm i got all these parts.
  • meeemeee
    you just get the balls hot with your torch and inhale through a rig.
    You can get huge powerful dense clouds at the price of constant possible combustion with wrong technique.
    It's a glass flam. Hence me calling it G-flam. We can all make them cheap and easy ha.
    Big G-flam fam.
  • BestBuds
    Ha! I don't even know why that didn't click in my head. :rofl:
  • meeemeee
    I want a flam. So thought I'd put this together and see abit of what it's like to vape with. Obviously I have no idea how it compares to a flam.
    You could add more balls to maybe make it less of a combustion hazard.
    I'm just messing about. Was surprised with the hit though.. good :fire: :sparkle: :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment