• vapey
    thanks for the tip, I’ve tried it against a black (actually dark gray) fabric/curtain backdrop.

I know what you mean about some good and some bad, mine unfortunately has most bad and only good or decent now and then. I’ve wondered about the battery also and if that is to blame, if it is then both of my batteries are doing it.
  • marathe
    Hopefully they send a label to you soon, it sounds like they need to take a look.
  • vapey
    They sent one a little while ago, I’ll need to wait til tomorrow to get it out though. Hopefully it’ll be fast.

Thanks for your help!
  • vapey
    Unit had been sent out to Ghost. Hopefully soon sill be enjoying this!
  • Baron23
    Now that, ^^, is a great CS response!!

Wow, we really appreciate the informative, adult, level headed way you have posted about this and way you have communicated with Ghost.

Not everybody does that....some just come in screaming right from jump street!!

Please do come back and let us know what was the final disposition of your issue.

Thanks
  • vapey
    thanks Baron23, I know it’s easy for people to freak out in these cases but that usually doesn’t end well for anybody.

Anyone who spends that kind of money on a device wants it to work well, they have high expectations so it’s easy to be let down. I know many love Ghost, and since they revised it after initial launch many more love it. I’ve seen what it can do, I hope I can join that group because I prefer a portable convection unit but it has to be reliable and consistent.

Looking forward!
  • vaporenter
    That is no good my friend. Hopefully it works out for you. Mine is beasting like a champ.
  • EconMan
    Anyone who spends that kind of money on a device wants it to work well, they have high expectations so it’s easy to be let down. I know many love Ghost, and since they revised it after initial launch many more love it. I’ve seen what it can do, I hope I can join that group because I prefer a portable convection unit but it has to be reliable and consistent.vapey

People who read my words know I love my Firefly2, but I don't think I would ever recommend it to anyone who truly wanted, "reliable and consistent" as a primary value in a vape. Just not the reason to buy it. My bias aside, I just don't think that box gets checked. I believe the MV1 is in similar category. It is a great vape with good taste and powerful intense hits... yummy... but it is finicky, temperamental, etc., and "journey" of your hit is as important as the hit itself.

Substitute "MV1" or "FireFly" for "lady" in the below lyrics and it makes the point.

She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
    She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
    And she only reveals what she wants you to see
    She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me
    She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
    She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
    And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
    Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me
    Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
    She's ahead of her time
    Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
    She just changes her mind
    And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
    Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
    But she brings out the best and the worst you can be
    Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
    Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
    She's ahead of her time
    Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
    She just changes her mind
    She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
    She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool
    But she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree
    And the most she will do is throw shadows at you
    But she's always a woman to me
  • vapey
    well said my friend ...

I had a feeling this would be the case, and I read about “Ghost” hits that can happen at times. I think sill be good with that as long as I get the good side also :)
  • vapey
    UPDATE: I just heard back from Ghost, which took about 6 business days in total, not bad I guess. However the issue is they said all is fine, see below.

Following up to let you know we’ve completed the evaluation of your MV1 serial no. GB1712160906. Our technicians advised that your device met both performance and quality standards

I have no idea how this can be, the unit did not produce any vapor 95% of the time and did not brown the herb.

I've asked for a refund and am waiting to hear back.
  • Hazel
    pics and vids or it didn’t happen lol

I’d be interested in seeing a quick video of how each of you used it (Ops team vs Vapey) and the vapor (or in your case lackthereof) being produced to compare, as well as a the avb after you dump out herb chamber after a full round. Just out of curiosity.

@vapey Sometimes after initial vibrate (to say vape is ready to go) I hold the button down and inhale a few quick times to get the heat going. It doesn’t always work but it’s essentially like revving up the engine of the vape heat wise... by inhaling hard it helps heater speed up I feel. Instead of doing 1 slow long draw. I do 2 quick hard pulling draws to get it going and then if i see vapor i hit it the next time for real. The first time or whatever i just “waste” the inhale essentially to get it going. But you have to be careful bc it’s easy to overheat the vape doing it this way. If you do it right it won’t though. Try it out? Or have you tried the diff temp settings mentioned? Starting on level x and then going to level y and then to level z throughout vape session?

I don’t know the specifics because Bud sets it all up for me on the Ghost MV1 or Stealth but people have mentioned it being helpful.

Can anyone chime in that’s done this?
    >> Changed the heat levels throughout the vape sesh like Ghost suggested (elsewhere- not on this thread).

Sorry if any of this is repetitive ... tbh I didn’t read all the posts and responses etc but shhh don’t tell! :zip: We didn’t go to bed until 3am yesterday and Iz pooped.
  • Dr green thumb

I change heat levels and get tons of vapor. I think many of the problems are user related and people screaming for a refund usually are suffering from buyers remorse.
  • Hazel
    I def agree with that. I’ve definitely had problems getting vapor from MV1 but you know what? I’ve had problems getting vapor from a butt load of vapes. The MV1 isn’t special in that fact lol it’s only being attacked as much because of its high tech internal components and engineering plus price tag. But if you learn how to use it properly it does hit like a damn beast (for most but not all). I have never even finished a crucible by myself. If I get a rip, I only need 2-3 good ones and I’m done. Serious bud conserving. But it stinks because it’s hard to explain how to use the vape “properly” if it’s a user error issue.. yes that means the vape may have some things it needs to tweak to make it more user friendly... but each user is different and could be having different user error lol

At least they have good customer service and are responsive. Remember my comment on the other thread of what’s grinding your gears today? Tons of companies I call or email don’t answer phones during reg biz hours at all or email. I emailed a company 3 weeks ago saying I wanted to buy 200 of their stands and how much would they charge me.... NO ANSWER!

That shit blows my mind.

Honestly... it would be a great idea if @ghost-ops @GHOSTTEAM did like a in person seminar tutorial lmao a few times and let users who have registered their unit for warranties and are in system as real purchasers, sign up for these. It really might help some people learn how to use the vape better. Remove some of the user error for some of the people. I know it may sound silly but you’d be surprised at how I’ve played around with the vape (even before it came out) and gotten different outputs when I thought i tried everything. It could be a vape issue though so I’m not saying it’s all user error but i agree with G-Thumb that a lot of it is without even realizing it is. Ahh okkkk workky time!

Keep us posted all!
  • vapey
    @Dr green thumb ... I agree that there is a learning curve to vaping in general, many complaints are user error. That is not the case with me.

Yes, I have buyers remorse simply because it does not work, not because I spent the money. I own 2 Pax 3's and have used many other vapors, I know how to use them. I have no problem spending money on a quality product, I even bought the bundle and spent $400.

Would you like to spend $400 and not get what is expected?

@hazel ... I asked support if they took a video of it working but I assume they have not, I have not heard back from them.

It is not user error

I do wish they would of contacted me when they were "testing" it. Why?

Because they know my complaints of it producing no vapor, and if they can use it without issue and get vapor, why would they not take time to prove that to me and show me as a customer?

Without showing me, we are back to square one. Absurd.
  • Hazel
    I tagged Ghost in this again with my suggestion so maybe they will reach out again now.

If you continue to have problems and not hear back from them on your request please pm me and Bud and I will discuss and see what we can do with Ghost directly or suggest you do.

I get having buyers remorse. It happens to the best of us with all different things. But don’t worry, either Ghost or Bud and I will help you out. We will make it right no matter what in the best way we can.
  • vapey
    @Dr Green Thumb ... And why would a product issue need to stay between the consumer and the seller? Don't you know that is how everyone finds out about product quality / issues?

Why do you think Bud takes all this time to review products?

So if a customer has an issue with a product, you expect them to not tell anyone or voice it?

Seriously man, lay off a bit :|

Thanks Hazel, I've emailed them also and waiting to hear from them.

Guys I've used vapors before, I've used my friends Ghost 100% myself, grinding/packing/etc ... I know how to use it. Also when I had it for about 10 days when I first bought it, I tried everything under the sun, every which way ... and that was only after doing everything exactly as recommended.

it is absolutely frustrating to have someone here tell me something as absurd as Dr Green Thumb, give me a break. Seriously, let's prove it.

Buy my unit. I will gladly refund you once you realize it does not work ;)

Ghost says the unit is 100% perfectly fine, tested and approved. I have the email and documentation and it is arrivng at my house tomorrow.

I will send the entire bundle I bought in original packaging for $300 via 2-e day mail to you. Care to put your money where your mouth is?
  • Hazel
    @vapey @Dr green thumb all good guys. Everyone has their own opinion. I think what DG is trying to say is a lot of folks have had problems and later it’s been discovered it was related to user error. That doesn’t mean yours is. But it’s happeend even when they least expected it.

Actually now that I’m typing this out loud... I’d be interested in knowing if you can get clouds doing it the way @710vape666zaddy420 did with this type of adapter. He was unsatisfied to the max but then discovered this and seems to be happier? Not that you should have to use an adapter or anything. You know what I mean. And if you’ve used an MV1 before and have had it work then that’s important to note because that seems less user error.

Check this out: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/4893/getting-better-water-pipe-rips-with-this-adapter
  • Hazel
    Anyway let’s not argue guys. Play nice. But check out the link to the thread I sent and keep Bud and I posted on what happens with Ghost. We’ll work it out one way or another for you. :smile:
  • vapey
    I know what he is saying, he is simply doing it as an immature person. Seriously, read his replies. Like wow ... what a lovely place to come and talk to others. I'd kick his ass out asap if this was my forum. It makes me not ever want to come back here again.

Also, it is always wise to be cautious with what you say to someone without knowing who they are :).

Thank you Hazel for being helpful and courtesy, I appreciate it.
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hello All,

Thank you for the tag @Hazel

Good Day @vapey
    Truly disheartened to see you’re dissatisfied. Our evaluation process has been a huge benefit for our customers and we’re proud of the work we do. Videos are not part of the process, but as mentioned in our support ticket, a video chat is always available to you.

From the outset, your tickets, chats and forum posts have received rapid responses and we have kept you abreast of our activity throughout the evaluation process. We checked your MV1 over, made sure it was updated and ran 4 full crucibles through it using a particular heat sequence and got good vapor each time. We did not replicate the reported issues lack of vapor and material not being heated properly.

Important to note, we did find an air bypass in your heat sink, so we provided a couple new heat sink seals to resolve that issue going forward.

As mentioned, since we did not replicate the reported issues, we checked the device over again to find any additional defect. If your device was deficient in any area we would have replaced it straight away.

We are more than happy to continue to provide support if your experience with the MV1 does not improve once returned. I'd be happy to get on a video chat with you to make sure you're getting the best out of your MV1 from here on out. We're confident that when our recommendations are followed, you will have a vastly improved experience. Please let us know and we'll be happy to arrange this.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • vapey
    Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the reply, and to clarify, I've never said there is an issue with customer support, in fact I've said you guys have been good from the start. I think the other user here "Dr. Moron" has sent this thread in the wrong direction unfortunately. That is what happens when you act like a child. Thankfully some of his posts were removed.

I understand about the videos, however you should consider doing test videos with units in these cases. Why? Because it would prove without a doubt and put the story to an end. If not, it does leave the customer feeling a bit jaded about it since we are saying "no it does not work" and you are saying "yes it does". Some proof would be fantastic.

The problem is not with support but with the product itself. It just doesn't work for me. And I believe you are doing all you can, but I tried everything with this unit along with 5 strains and am not a rookie to vaping.

Important to note, we did find an air bypass in your heat sink, so we provided a couple new heat sink seals to resolve that issue going forward.

How can the unit be working fine but have an air bypass? That doesn't make much sense, wouldn't that mean it does not work then?

When you guys first tested it did you test it with my heatsink or with the new ones? I'm perplexed on how it can work with an air bypass if that is the case.

Also during my own palm tests of which there were many, the all passed easily so that is a bit surprising.

Thanks for your time

We're confident that when our recommendations are followed, you will have a vastly improved experience.GHOSTTEAM

I am curious about this also ... are the recommendations any different than what you guys put in your manual or website? Because I've followed them to a T. That is the frustrating part about this and why a video would put it to rest.
  • GHOSTTEAM

You got it @vapey happy to help.

In regards to the support comment, it's no big deal, thank you for the kind words. I just felt I needed to mention something about the response time seeing as you've mentioned in your posts that you've reached out and we haven't responded yet. That begs the question why haven't we responded, at least in my mind as an everyday consumer.

The videos are a bit tricky in that once they're out there in cyber-space, there's no telling whose eyes will see them. I hope you can appreciate that. We don't require usage videos from our customers for basically the same reason. It is our conviction that a video presents the potential for a problematic situation down the line in the future and a person's privacy is simply not worth compromising. Protecting our customers' and employees' privacy is extremely valuable to us.

In regards to the air bypass, the issue was easily resolved by exchanging the heat sink seal. We use both your and our own heat sink during the evaluation to eliminate certain variables.

Finally our recommended mode sequence, which is mentioned in our YouTube tutorial video, is as follows:

* Start your session with a full 15-second draw on Heat setting Herb - Low (1 amber LED)
    * Next, take two full 15-second draws on Herb - High (3 amber LED)
    * Finally, finish your crucible on Herb - Fav 1 or 2 (1 or 2 red LED)

The MV1 was designed to deliver both the full flavor of your material and a potent hit, it's best to take advantage of this.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • vapey

Thanks for that info. The comment about not replying was only offered today in reply to Hazel asking about a video. Your response time is quick and efficient. I did not mean it that way, I only updated the thread today so assumed it was implied. My bad.

Well, I do understand about the videos. I own my own online business and deal with nearly a million users online so I do understand but feel in a case like this it would only improve your product and service, especially if it works. Videos can be made pretty discreetly. But no matter and a waste of time to discuss at this point.

I am doing all of those things exactly, I thought maybe I was missing something when you said I should follow the recommendations.

I guess all I can do is wait to get it back and see if the heat sink seal makes the difference.

Is the heat sink that is on the unit now brand new? Or is it my old one?
  • GHOSTTEAM

We expect your MV1 to perform up to standard when you fire her up and we're eager to hear back. The heat sink was otherwise in great condition, aside from the seal. After replacing it, we could not get the heat sink to fail the air bypass test so we shipped yours back along with the unit.

We know what the MV1 is capable of, all of us here at the company uses it and its made such a huge difference in our lives, not to mention our customers. We want you to have the same experience. We'll continue to support you and will do what it takes until that goal is achieved.

Humbly Yours,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • VapeCritic

Thank you for assisting with this Virgil :strong:

My apologies for not jumping in here sooner, I personally appreciate all of the time and effort you've spent trying to get this vape to work for you.

It sounds like Ghost has already shipped your unit back to you and it's in transit?

If you still have any trouble with your unit when you get it I'd like to offer to test it for you personally, I will pay for shipping both ways, and I'll test it out on one of my live streams when you can be there to watch and ask me questions live, we stream usually 3x every week.

Depending on what we conclude after testing I can either send it back to you to try again or we'll work something out and I'll buy it back from you. I'm not technically doing the buybacks anymore but I'll make an exception for you.

Would you be interested in something like this?

Thanks again for your patience with the vape :100:
  • McNuggetsTrip
    Finally our recommended mode sequence, which is mentioned in our YouTube tutorial video, is as follows:

* Start your session with a full 15-second draw on Heat setting Herb - Low (1 amber LED)
    * Next, take two full 15-second draws on Herb - High (3 amber LED)
    * Finally, finish your crucible on Herb - Fav 1 or 2 (1 or 2 red LED)
    GHOSTTEAM

I just tried this and HOLY!!!!!!! This method hits so hard and the flavor is spectacular :cheer:
    Thank you Virgil!!
  • vapey

Thanks Virgil, I look forward to getting it back and trying it out. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow by 8pm.

No worries Bud, I know we’re all super busy. I appreciate the comment and will certainly do that if I get the same results. Maybe the seal was the issue, can’t wait to find out.

Thanks guys.
  • GHOSTTEAM

No sweat my friend. While we expect positive results, we are prepared and eager to help. Looking forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal