• xcalibr
    I'm new to Vaporizers & I just bought a Storz-Bickel Crafty. I also purchased their Dosing Capsules for Liquids and I was wondering if anyone else has used them with Tinctures and how well they performed. And if you had any tips. Thanks!
  • Baron23
    Not tinctures which are generally ethyl alcohol based and thin like water.

This will NOT stay and vape on your "liquid" pad for concentrates.

However, the LP do work great with wax, shatter, and really any viscous to solid concentrate.

Oh, and you are allowed to have multiple questions in a single post, ya know! ;-) haha
  • xcalibr
    The tincture I have is kind of thick like oil, not watery. Still not recommended? And thanks for letting me know that I could post multiple questions in one post. LOL Thanks!
  • Baron23
    thanks for letting me know that I could post multiple questions in one post.xcalibr

hehehe

The tincture I have is kind of thick like oil,xcalibr

Sounds more like what I would call BHO or "sauce". As long as its thick and will stay on the pad, you are good to go.

PERSONALLY, however....I really hesitate to gunk up my good flower vapes with concentrates. Some folks overdo loading 'trates and get a sticky mess in there.

I do, however, from time to time make flower-trate sandwiches in a dosing capsule. Bit of flower, bit of 'trates, top off with flower and close up the capsule. Now that's a cap that will wear a person out! haha
  • xcalibr
    Yeh, I've been very hesitant to use my tincture for gunking up the unit too, exactly. Wow! I really like your idea of the "sandwich". I might have to steal your idea. LOL Thanks!
  • EconMan
    I really hesitate to gunk up my good flower vapes with concentratesBaron23

Not a mighty/crafty owner but I do like and respect them.

Agreed, on the annoying trend of, how do you put it, the "swiss army knife" model of vape design.
    Rarely, does doing one well NOT cost something in doing the other thing well.

There is just no way, for instance, I would want to use concentrates with say an MV1 -- that thing has too many little nooks and crannies... then when you want to do flower again, you need to disassemble, soak, clean, etc. yuck I'm a Baronite on this one. Consider the FF2. Lots of people hate it for flower, very few people diss it over its concentrates ability.... easy to clean -- 30-60 seconds. Nothing to gunk up that is hard to get to.

Welcome ! I did not know about the LIQUID dosing capsules? Interesting.

As Baron said, it is the cleanup that is the big "transactions cost". I've used might/crafty and my perception is they do not have lots of parts in the airflow, and would be relatively easier to clean up.

And yes, NO tinctures in a convection vape, even with scrunched steel concentrate pads. You need oil of some sort. Lastly, on most ALL convection vapes, *if* you choose to do concentrates, note that you will have to get the chamber VERY HOT with airflow, so your first draw probably will be just a faux "prime-the-pump" heating up of the chamber sort of effort. the chamber temp will need to get to a good 500f to get a good and efficient series of hits.

And welcome again. Glad to have you. :)
  • xcalibr
    Yeh, I always have plenty of flower so why even mess with this tincture that a friend gave me. I'll just put it under my tongue till it's used up & be plenty happy. Absolutely no need to cause hassles putting it in my Crafty & possibly causing easy avoidable issues. Glad to be here! Thanks!
  • Baron23
    I've used might/crafty and my perception is they do not have lots of parts in the airflow, and would be relatively easier to clean up.EconMan

Yes, but I did see a post (here, maybe) from a fella who gunked his Mighty up so much he clogged the air path beneath the chamber....and air path that is NOT straight so you can't just run a poker through it.

Believe he ran it hot and upside down and dripped a bunch of stuff out and had air flow again....but still, I wouldn't want this in my Mighty.
  • Magicman
    Crafty is for dry herb. You will regret putting liquidy things in Crafty.
  • xcalibr
    Words to vape by it seems. Thanks!
  • MrGreen
    Your tincture may be mixed with mct oil not recommended for vaping.
  • xcalibr
    Oh wow, didn't even think about that. Yeh, I've decided no liquids at all will be going in the Crafty, it was too freaking expensive. Thanks!
  • Baron23

So, this is kind of an aside....but the OP said his "tincture" is thick and viscous and I suspect its not really tincture so much as thick BHO or the like.

The terms are very badly defined but tincture is, to me and to Webster's: "a solution of a medicinal substance in an alcoholic solvent"

But people can call MJ stuff pretty much what they want. Here they are selling syringes of "RSO". Now, RSO was made with naphtha and what they are selling is absolutely NOT what Rick Simpson made....but it is a decarb'd thick, full spectrum extraction that you can put under your tongue (tastes like ass), cook with, or just add it to your hot beverage. Also, you can vape it.

I suspect, without knowing, that what has is perhaps more like this RSO than a thin ethyl alcohol tincture....but this is just informed speculation! haha
  • xcalibr
    Yeh, in my own research I found that e-liquid, tincture, etc... seem to be used interchangeable, but, in reality, they are truly different things, right? But, just to be safe, no liquids of any kind will be going in my Crafty. This is the exact thing that I have. Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-5-08-06-PM.png It's made by Terrapin.
  • Baron23
    No pic came through
  • xcalibr
    Just fixed. Thanks!
  • Baron23
    Ah, so it is....sort of a tincture but not really....really an MCT infusion and no, I would not vape this in anything, personally.

Under the tongue would be the way to go, I think.
  • xcalibr
    Agreed, thank you for not letting me make a terrible decision. Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment