• Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i just think its kind of funny. I have zero debts. I have the best head ive ever had on my shoulders and yet i still seem to get shit on over trivial shit.
    I worked fulltime night shift all during highschool but dropped out in grade 11 because it just didnt seem worth all of the bullshit. I had a really good job for someone my age, I was making more then my supervisor at my previous job who had indebted herself with secondary education but could not get a job in the field.
    I have always known exactly what i want and how to get it. My first job was a machine operator at a chicken wing place. I remember that the forklift operator made more then me and his job was pretty kushy. I decided if i was going to continue working in places like that i was going to be driving. It took me a few years, but my job right now is driving specialized forklifts. my workplace is the only one in the province with the attachments that we use and i make some decent coin doing it.
    Now that weed has been legalized it is only a matter of time before i get myself into the industry doing something that i love. I have already sort of met my goal. I applied for reviewing and content writting for a mail order marijuana website and i am waiting to recive the contract. (My time on here can be rushed sometimes not a good example of my writing skills lol :yikes: ) i think what upsets me is i know that if my childhood was different i could have done something a little more with my life, then i try to remind myself that lifes not over. For some reason maybe just my age but not having my highschool has never been a hinderance for me ive always been able to secure good paying jobs and ive never had to lie ob my resume about my education. My work experience speaks for itself.
  • badbee
    This, so damn much this. The next time my neighbor’s kid honks that damn horn I’m going out there and.... do nothing, sigh.

End of old guy rant...
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Went to load my MV1 and the door latch crapped out on me. Not the end of the world. I know ghost will take care of me. But it's annoying for now.
  • John Cocktostone
    The fact that there isn't a Natalie Portman flavored Jolly Rancher
  • EconMan

I think that is a good attitude. The truth is many young people buy into the blue-pill bullshit that a degree is essential. So many, if not most, are not passionate to be there. Many if not most are wasting their parents money and near all are wasting taxpayer's.

Being a prof (adjunct now) I obviously believe in university education but not for purposes of "learning how to do things" -- that is for Trade Schools which in the USA go way underutilized with the exception of Med and Law schools.

In my business -- payments -- I meet business owners of all types and my favorite type is the un-university educated entrepreneur. :starstruck: You can get a business degree and learn all about and even become an expert on how business has been done in the past by others; or one can become an entrepreneur and create the modernity future generations of business students will be talking about and emulating.

THis says it best.

"I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation."

• acstorfer
    For those upset, this always cracks me up

285D734C-BCBC-4628-B098-10505017339F.jpg
  • EconMan

I must be so weird. I saw the dog almost immediately. Of course, the woman does nothing for me. The "kardashian butt", I guess in vogue today with so many men is a net turnoff.

Baby may got "back" but I'm not buying. Now where is that Becky at? :naughty:

• iamdiosa
    Todays stress brought to you by the IRS, unemployment and not being able to make my new toy work as I thought it would.
  • Dr green thumb

The day is coming where you will need a college degree for even the most basic of jobs. I believe an education is very important but not the philosophy of just find the answer and move on. People need to trust their instincts but also have the education to understand how the process works.

The days of quitting high school and just working are gone.
  • EconMan
    Job applicants who hear you are "weed friendly" and when you ask them why they want to work here the first thing out of their mouth is that :mask: :roll: :down:
  • Baron23
    THE most influential educator in my entire life was my college English 101 prof. He left the U of CA system as he was older and was tired of the politics, publishing pressure, etc.

This man taught me how to read, think, and write. With these tools, a person can continue to learn and expand their capabilities throughout their life.

Sadly, he never taught me how to spell....so, humorous spell checker errors notwithstanding, its a life saver for me! haha
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    I think the most important thing is to follow your passion. I know that sounds cliche, but its true.

If you love what you do, you will find success or happiness or both.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i like that alot. I have a couple plans up my sleeve right meow. The years coming are going to be good. This year already has been such an improvement in alot of different ways for the three of us.

i agree it would be very difficult these days but still not impossible theyre are a ton of cash jobs and whatever else if youve got the drive. Im not advocating for anybody to drop out of school or anything like that. I would have finished if i was living at home. Im saying you can make the best out of whatever your dealt with if you really want to.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Dr green thumb i got crop dusted in a walmart earlier today :rofl: lol
  • ssaucyc515
    I spilled coffee on my grasshopper and I cleaned the mess first then dried the hopper

Im angry i know it has no value to me
189101112Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube