• martinstraka8282
    I'm on the fence about which is the best and I'm exhausted on researching purchases atm. Any opinions are appreciated. Pro vs. Cons, or just a vote. Thanks!
    1. Which battery should I get for carts? (18 votes)
        CCell Palm
        17%
        PCKT One Plus
        56%
        CCell Silo
        28%
  • Dr green thumb
    The silo is so small. I carry it in the change pocket of my Jean's. And the battery lasts a good amount of time.
  • martinstraka8282
    I do like the small form factor, and the ability to see the cartridge and how much is left is appealing.

Do you know if there is anything that really differentiates these 3 other than form factor?
  • Dr green thumb

I believe it is form factor. I have not used a pckt 1 as it did not fit my carts when I needed a battery.
  • Baron23
    PCKT is auto-draw and also has a fire button.

The Palm is auto-draw only.

If your cart gets plugged, you will appreciate having a fire button, I believe.
  • martinstraka8282
    Interesting. Is that essentially the purpose of the fire button? Seemed redundant with auto draw as well.
  • martinstraka8282
    Right, that seems to be the reason the plus was launched, to fit those fatter carts.
  • BestBuds
    That's why I choose the PCKT I don't like not having a fire button. Sometimes I get a prefilled cart and it gets clogged because it's a crap cart. You need to have that button to fire early and cease fire early.
  • martinstraka8282
    Ya this is a great point you and Baron have raised. I've run in to this exact issue before, so I think the fire button is a requirement. I had already decided until I saw how much cheaper the CCell's are, but you get what you pay for I suppose.
  • Dr green thumb

For what it's worth, I have not clogged a cart on the silo.
  • BestBuds
    I have Ccell Palm. Don't get me wrong it's a perfect little vape as long as you use good carts. But if you buy the dispensary prefilled some times the carts suck and you need a fire button to limp your way through the last bit of oil.
  • Baron23
    yes, that is why folks like me like having both
  • Baron23
    it’s not the mod, it’s the cart. If the airway gets blocked it won’t fire and melt the blockage.
  • martinstraka8282
    Can you vape distillate in these in their refillable cartridges?
  • EconMan

I think Nate at @VapePartsMart prefers the PCKT slightly over the Silo, but I forgot why?

Can you vape distillate in these in their refillable cartridges?martinstraka8282

Yes. I only know this because I've used those of others (I'm a cart novice). He buys distillates in syringes and simply injects it into his refillable cart. The particulars I'm too ignorant to discuss.

Distillates work best actually, I am told, for their oil usually is much more homogenous than the thicker BHO-based ones. So I would suspect this holds promise for you.
  • martinstraka8282
    Good to hear that. I've made my bed it seems... I went ahead today and ordered the PCKT One Plus with 3 refillable cartridges and followed that up with ordering a bunch of distillate from my dispensary. I'm excited to try it out.
  • EconMan

I'm about to make the same decision.... and I'll pick up a Dyna in the same order.

And looking forward to hearing about your experiences.
  • martinstraka8282
    You bet, I will follow up with some feedback. Everything I read about it seems to be glowing, so I'm expecting much better than the crappy dispensary batteries I've used up until now.
  • LabPong
    I enjoy controlling temps/power....I found I can make my carts last much longer too as the palm seems to fire hotter than I need.

GT800 and Nebula X2299 (I have both..same thing) Wide enough for any cart and big battery.

DAZZ Vape makes/markets the GT800 one...and you can find various prices....

HERE IS DAZZ PAGE

GT800%E8%AF%A6%E6%83%85%E9%A1%B5_03.jpg

Here is a pic of my Nebula with a 1.2g ccell type cart.

Nebulax2299.jpg
  • Baron23
    Distillates work best actually, I am told, for their oil usually is much more homogenous than the thicker BHO-based ones.EconMan

So, let's talk about this....distillation is, AFAIK, a post-extraction process. That is, you extract with hydrocarbon solvents, super critical CO2, or whatever they come up with in the future....THEN it gets fractionally distilled for whatever purpose you have.

Distillation will/should get rid of a lot of wax/lipids and I know folks do seperate runs for terps to be reintroduced, but the key for carts is viscosity, right? And distillation is one process used by manf to make oil of the right viscosity without PG/PEG/VG and the like

I don't believe that the method of initial extraction is all that relevant.
  • martinstraka8282
    That's a pretty nice option!

But c'mon now why would you tempt me with such things after already buying lol.
  • Dr green thumb
    lots of carts need lots of batteries :grin: just saying
  • martinstraka8282
    Good point. I'd better get 5 of em!
  • okla68m
    Having Good Novice experience with CARTEL Cart and Ego Twist 510 battery, with Fire button !
  • okla68m
    Who makes the Most Reliable Refillable carts ?
  • martinstraka8282
    Received my PCKT One Plus and 3 refillable carts on Friday. Very impressed with the feel and appearance of everything. The refillable carts are magnetized as well as the included adapters with 510 threading, so they pop in and out easily, but still hold well. There is a slight rattle due to some extra room for bigger carts obviously. Small annoyance but could come in handy one day.

I filled the 3 carts with distillate and had 2 disposable oil carts to try out. I found the refillable cartridges a little bit hard to fill, but was able to get it done without any waste. My distillate came in plastic syringes but the tip was about as wide as the opening to squeeze in there and being somewhat thick and having to settle, its a bit of a process and doing all at once makes the most sense. I know it will be annoying if I cant find a better solution there, but its not the end of the world.

The distillate was amazing. Hard hitting, great tasting, and huge clouds even on low heat. Thoroughly impressed with this all around. I can't emphasize enough just how great tasting amd potent they were compared to the disposable carts.

The disposable ones from a dispensary needed high heat to really get them going and I found the high and clouds to be subdued compared to the distillate. This of course is not the PCKT One's fault, it is obviously just a lower quality product compared to the distillate. Fine by me as buying the distillate and filling my own is much more economical, about half the price actually.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and haven't had to charge yet after a weekend of use. It has great physical form and size, 3 heat settings, push button when needed for clogged carts, great battery life, quality refillable carts, and easy operation... what more could you ask for other than being cheaper!
  • Mangu
    Any promotional codes for these? @VapeCritic affiliate code?
  • martinstraka8282
    https://forum.vapelife.com/search?Search=promo
    That page has 15% off to the PCKT direct site plus a link for Bud to get credit, or 10% off to VapePartsMart that carries it as well as a link.
  • Mangu
    Thank you man! :pray:
  • martinstraka8282
    My pleasure.

Love this thing so far!!!
  • Chandler
    Lost my silo during the Raptors championship game.
    I've been using my original generic battery that's tall n short on battery life... I'm considering trying the palm or the pckt ONE. I like the idea of a button, but i also had 0 problems with my Silo... It's been a while, what do yall recommend? Same time, do I use carts enough to justify the price of the pckt?

Came across a 900MaH battery, called the brass knuckle. $20 at a local shop. Might try one, can't go wrong for $20?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment