• SourMalk
    Now to begin, I know that there is probably not a "best" induction heater on the market, but I'd like some assistance in selecting the best one for me.

I'm looking for portability and durability, something with a strong construction that can handle an abusive lifestyle. Battery power is a necessity as I will be using while at work. I don't know how long batteries last on these devices but I'd like it to last around 10-12 Dynavap M bowls (no big deal if I have to bring extra batteries, just need it to last all day).

Anyways if there's anyone who's tried multiple induction heaters that could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals :D
  • RollingStoned
    The Portside mini and Fluxer Deluxe are your best options. They have the best warranties and great reviews. The Psm last about 7-10 loads and fluxer 20+. Just received my Fluxer and i am waiting my psm.
  • Baron23

Those two plus Lucid Customs.
  • SourMalk

I'm digging that all metal Lucid Customs heater! Very clean industrial look to it. Just wondering if you know about battery life? Also instead of batteries altogether would these things be able to run off a 12V car plug?

I'm probably not gonna wait 8+ weeks for a fluxer heater although they look really nice.
  • Baron23
    ask @ssaucyc515

I believe he has that exact unit
  • Will90
    @SourMalk If you have a soldering iron and basic soldering skills you can build one for about 30$ following one of the many build guides online. If you want to go that route, let me know and I'll help you with what I know.
  • ssaucyc515
    I have the wall unit unfortunately but Im pretty sure on his site he has a car charging unit or something like that. If you email him or message him on Reddit /u/crossfires , he'll get back to you within 2 days in my experience. Usually a day. His turn around time FOR ME was exactly 11 days. I think buds was around 3 weeks or a month? @Hazel
  • SourMalk

Thanks for the reply, I just sent him a message on Reddit.

I'll look into this, I'll probably still buy a professional quality one. I love tinkering, maybe I'll make a desktop unit, do you have any links to some of the more trustworthy videos?
  • ssaucyc515
    if you're looking for something that'll last this is it. I really like it.
  • SourMalk

Awesome, I'm anxiously waiting a reply, but I'm sure he's a busy guy.
    From what it seems, the battery isn't easily swappable I just don't often have access to a wall plug while at work, so I'd like it to be able to charge / power in a truck (I'm not driving don't worry).

Is there a pressure-switch below the coil or just the power button?
  • ssaucyc515
    there is a pressure switch :) it's a nice satisfying microswitch
    The Lucid(I think) and the PSM need to be charged through the unit with a wall charger. The Fluxer uses 3 18650 batteries that can be charged through the unit or batteries can be replaced and or recharged externally. The Fluxer is available in three different coil sizes, multiple colors and user temperature control that can be mounted in two optional locations. The Fluxers LED can be configured a couple different ways, mine only turns red when the coil switch is activated by inserting the cap and the main switch under the cover stays on 24/7 without any power draw. The PSM can be used while charging, the Fluxer should not and I’m not sure about the Lucid. I own a PSM and a 14mm coil Fluxer and I have a 16mm Fluxer ordered. I love both the PSM and the Fluxer. Can’t say one is better or worse then the other as far as real use goes but the Fluxer is advertised as built with more robust electronics.
  • Baron23
    The Lucid(I think) and the PSM need to be charged through the unit with a wall charger.Startedat52

Lucid also has a car charger cable....no biggie, just a USB with a lighter socket adapter on one end, yeah?

Nice!
    Who makes that one?

Damn you, lol. I’m going to have a bigger IH collection then vapes soon :rofl:
  • LabPong
    I remember seeing the black mag one awhile ago. Waterproof/resistant use is cool....id get one only if I could get one other product from them......it shows out of stock though....it could be the only thing that could bring me back to using the vapcaps as it would work mobile with my Skeletor IH.

image.jpg

VAPCAP BUBBLER scroll down
  • upside
    I purchased one of his early models last July and was not pleased with the function, quality of the parts, the workmanship, or customer support. Perhaps he improved in these areas in this time.

I have been very pleased with my wooden IH from Lucid Customs.
  • Azn2101
    Hey Guys I'm also seriously looking into a IH right now but am really liking some of the unit these guys Huenix and Hempsaves11 and even one other guy thats seems to be making IH's from time to time that looked really cool but couldn't find his last one (don't quote me on the exact spelling of their Reddit names) and at relitively good prices.

How much of a difference is there and what are the differences between these guys and the big names?

I. Would. Love. This box like it was a baby and feed it my Dynavap like a bottle. How does one contact this man?

Also whatever became of that IN post about the NASA or Rathion scientist who was making one that detected the vibrations from the cap clicking or something?

I do have a budget of about $150 if that makes a huge difference but would go $200 for something like a unit from that guys video.

Thank you =)
  • Baron23
    How much of a difference is there and what are the differences between these guys and the big namesAzn2101

Truthfully I have no idea and I’m not sure anyone else will either. Don’t know about these guys.
  • Azn2101
    sounds good. I figured since they really haven't Branded themselves yet it would be a long shot.

Let me rephrase it than. What do we get in comparison to the video Dr. Green thumb has posted. Or if that's not a good way to compare how about like preformances? I see that some are AC/DC only and some have both and that they have varying amount of battery levels & charge times but are there things that can break in IH's and I do any of them offer warranties?
  • LabPong
    image.jpg

VapCap BUBBLER scroll down
    LabPong

link i posted above for the dynavap water body is wrong...this is the correct one on the magheater site. Scroll down a bit...

image.jpg

VAPCAP BUBBLER

This could be the only savior I would have for my vapcaps....
  • elykpeace
    had one of these micro bubs for my cfv way back when. The one way Valve (rubber grommet) get sticky after use and jams constantly.
  • MrGreen
    https://youtu.be/Iq610saqyFI
    Has anybody tried this one?
  • Microvaper
    This could be the only savior I would have for my vapcapsLabPong

What's the problem with your vapcaps? Do you find the vapour too harsh without water?
  • LabPong
    What's the problem with your vapcaps? Do you find the vapour too harsh without water?Microvaper

Yes....with water too! They irritate my throat after awhile...like my Flower pot does. I have issues with metal in vapor paths. So I use mainly glass oven vapes.

I would actually like something like this without a carb on it.
  • Microvaper
    Do you rip your dynavaps hard? (Heat lower on cap) or do you find it irritates you even with a lesser heat cycle?
  • LabPong
    Micro....

It is not from heat amounts...more so has something to do with metals or Ti for me. And with a vapcap being mostly conduction..it makes it worse.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment