• SharonO
    I'm a senior female medical marijuana user.  Smoking straight marijuana is difficult for me, so when I became serious about curing my insomnia, I latched onto edibles. A short while later, a friend introduced me to vaping.  To me, vaping was appealing.  I searched for a discreet pen and found Stiiizy.  Initially, I ordered 2 pens and 2 cartridges.  Things were going well for a few days until 1 of the cartridges started spewing hot liquid into my mouth.  I foolishly ordered 2 more cartridges:  One started oozing all of the hot liquid inside the container down the sides of the pen; the other started spitting.  In the meantime, the only functioning cartridge out of the 4 suffered the same catastrophic failure as the one described above (ejecting liquid down the sides of the pen).

After the first complete failure, I contacted Stiiizy customer support.  The back-and-forth has been going on for months.  Stiiizy requires a mountain of documentation and photos to even consider helping a customer.  Refunds are out of the question, so replacements are the only option, assuming you have the patience to endure Stiiizy customer service and the point-of-sale dispensary is still in business (mine isn't).

I believe Stiiizy products suffer from one or more serious design flaws.  Even without the spitting and complete failures, it's cumbersome to activate a draw from the equipment.  I store my pens in the recommended upright position at room temperature, but it still takes considerable effort to "unplug" the cartridges and allow vapor to flow through the pen and cartridge.   

The Stiiizy pen is seriously flawed.  My best recommendation is to STEER CLEAR OF STIIIZY!
  • Skyvaper
    @EconMan swears by this brand and after I personally sampled it I was sold too. These are supposed to be "high" quality carts with high quality distillate. Expensive too!! Definitely sucks because from my limited use stizzy is the way to go for top quality carts.
  • EconMan

Hi Sharon.

I can't comment about Stiiizy CS, as I've never needed to use it, but I do indeed find StIiizy's to be at the top of the top-shelf carts. I have certainly experienced that "spirt" of oil through the mouthpiece with carts, but not with Stiiizys. The stronger you draw and colder the environment, the greater the probability you'll get an "oil spurt" through the mouthpiece.

See this pic below. Using non Stiiizy cart through a bong, sucking hard and deep, and it “spits” oil

And I’ve found their distillates to be outstanding. Tasty, clean, and strong.

kljzelo13xr1wqss.jpeg
    See the oil drops that come out of the mouthpiece.

I personally sampled it I was sold too.Skyvaper

We will have to schedule a repeat. :)
  • LabPong
    Initially, I ordered 2 pens and 2 cartridges.SharonO

What battery (pen body) did you purchase? It sounds like the heating is malfunctioning and not cutting off...or getting way too hot.

One thing to do with carts....gently tighten the top of mouth piece on to the cart body. Try to hold the base of the cart or glass. Some carts assemble slightly differently...and some are actually threaded on top and bottom of the glass piece.

I have no experience with the STizzy's because they are not in my state....but I have only heard all positive things about their carts...this is the first I have heard of your issue.

I hope you get exchanges....I have the same problem with a few high end carts I purchased from a dispo and they have since closed down. Evidently the cart manufacture said they never sold to this dispo, and the stock was from along time ago...so there were storage issues as I was told they looked like they had been heated up or something........now just waiting for another dispo to get new product.....2 more weeks.....agrrrr. I know how you feel.......hope it gets sorted out soon. GL
  • EconMan
    What battery (pen body) did you purchase?LabPong

The battery is proprietary to Stiiizy.
  • LabPong
    wait......I think I am wrong....are the Stiizy carts only the newer Vfire types?
  • EconMan

I don't know what the Vfire is?

Here is stiiizy. I've only had good experiences with them.

zjpae9pmyj9mtssd.jpeg
  • LabPong
    Yup that is the new style carts. Pax designed the original....then Claw and a few others pretty much did their own version of it....not sure they all are made the exact same in a factory in China or not?

So....with that cart type leaking....not sure why. Do those types even have clogging issues?
  • Redpill
    All carts spit small amounts of oil. Regular CART ONLY users will often complain of similar effects of the small oil splatter over time hitting the tongue and back of throat. EconMan bubbler shows the accumulation of the tiny oil splatter which normally enters and hits the throat. The cheaper the cart, generally the less quality parts, and supposedly translation to less oil splatter.
  • Redpill
    cheaper carts = more oil splatter supposedly.
  • Baron23
    I have not had any oil spits in the mouth with CCell hdwr carts but I have with other "CCell like" carts.

I think it has to do with the quality of the cart.
  • Redpill
    CCell hdwr carts = :up:
  • SharonO
    Thanks so much to everyone who responded. Here's a description of the pens I purchased: "STIIIZY's Starter Kit consists of a 210mAh rechargeable battery that is discreet in design that fits perfectly in your pocket or handbag. Medicating on the go has never been easier! *STIIIZY Pods Sold Separately*"

I could live with the spitting, although my 2 new 510-threaded batteries/cartridges have not spit regardless of the brand of cartridge. It's the total failure of 2 nearly-full Stiiizy cartridges which is inexcusable. The constant clogging is also very annoying. And the customer service if beyond terrible.
  • EconMan
    It's the total failure of 2 nearly-full Stiiizy cartridges which is inexcusable.SharonO

Yeah, I would be pissed too. These sorts of things can make a person nuts!
    Did you taste any sort of "burnt" taste? Wondering if the batteries were defective -- too hot??
    Regardless, I've had the opposite experience so I know they should work. I guess I've gone through at least a couple dozen of the 1g pods (fyi, why I don't know but the 1g hits better than the .5 g.) and I not even had one issue.

Yup that is the new style carts. Pax designed the original....then Claw and a few others pretty much did their own version of it....not sure they all are made the exact same in a factory in China or not?
    So....with that cart type leaking....not sure why. Do those types even have clogging issues?
    LabPong

I did not know that. Until recently when I've started using carts with my bong, carts were always a last resort. A convenience/stealth only use-case, so I never paid that much attention to them until Stiiizy showed me great carts were available..... lately, I'm buying LIT's out of CO; good distillate with high quality carts.
  • LabPong
    I could live with the spitting, although my 2 new 510-threaded batteries/cartridges have not spit regardless of the brand of cartridgeSharonO

Sharon...do not settle for any cart that spits....good ones do not.

Which state are you in? Reason I ask...every state has their own cart manufactures, so what you have in your state...may not be available in mine for instance....and visa versa.

So if we knew which state you are in....we can offer recommendations better.
  • SharonO
    Thanks again. All my cartridges were .5g. Maybe I should have tried 1g cartridges, but the reviews on 2 other forums said the 1g pods clogged long before they were used up. I really do think Stiiizy has a design or quality control issue. The equipment is so similar to Pax, I'll go check reviews on Pax.
  • SharonO
    I live in northern California (San Francisco Bay Area)
  • EconMan

No, the 1's hit better IMO but I've NEVER had spitting or leaking or clogging with any Stiiizy cart..... From LabPong's comment, I'm wondering if they are knockoffs. ?
    Don't know if they have a design problem, because I've had no issues and I'm not really a "cart enthusiast" except lately having fun with H2O. :)

Of course with almost all vapes some folks have great experiences and others don't. An interesting statistical phenomena.
  • Dr green thumb
    The only info I could find searching the internet is that some of the earlier 1g carts leaked. No mention of this issue.

how long of a draw do you take from your cart?
  • SharonO
    Short, but seemingly complete, draws. I'm old!!!!
  • EconMan

I wished I could help you more... but I'm stumped.
  • LabPong
    Sharon.....if you have not....use weedmaps to sort through the dispo's in your area. Read the newest reviews there and discard the positive ones as they are not really insightful to reality.

Watch how many bad reviews there are .....that specifically talk about product quality. Discard the negative comments that have nothing to do with actual product. You can easily summarize what ones to stay away from this way.

I would also find another forum that has discussions in CA about carts and which dispo's to get them at. I use a ....(God help me).......reddit sub that is dedicated to MI dispos and MJ. Even though most of the users are sort of "mentally triggered on anything"....you can find good people and good info at times.

That is how I would go forward with your future purchases. Pax will be solid quality for sure...just make sure you are getting real ones. They are normally about $50-60 for a 1/2gm. Just remember....you will pay for quality with carts.
  • AVENTUS
    All these Juul clones use plastic pods, which with really terpy sauce or terpy live resin, will leach some BPA/other nasties into the sauce if stored for awhile not used up quickly.

I’d definitely stay away too.
  • spectator45
    Similar problems :( Thing was amazing! Tasted great! Other vape carts tasted like siphoning gas..Bought 2 more carts IN CA Stiilzy packaging, and they WON'T WORK like the rest of that good one does even in a new battery!
    Not bashing the company. I would love nothing more than to have a quality product of this type.
  • Z Master
    I’ve tried stiiizy for over 3yrs & have never ran into this problem! You should get a real vaporizer & vaporizer flower! That’s my recommendation!
    Where do you get your stiiizy’s from?
  • Baron23
    you are replying to a poster who hasn't been on the site in a year! :-)

Just in case you didn't notice.

Cheers
  • Z Master
    yeah clearly didn’t notice! Too high rn. Got some flower from stiiizy that’s 36%thc, only reason I replied hahahaha
  • Baron23
    LOL Happens all the time. Just wanted you to know to not hold your breath for a reply! haha

Cheers
  • Z Master
    yeah I saw the post at the top thinking it was a new one hahaha. I’ll pay attention next time :)
  • EDub
    @SharonO. I haven’t used carts for a little over a year now but can tell you that Stiiizy is top notch. Only thing better/comparable is Plug N Play. Make sure you’re buying legit carts and that you use their proprietary battery and you should be good. I recommend vaping flower though as it’s cheaper and you know what you’re putting into your body.
  • Wallace
    @Z Master dont worry their is always some one else that will do the same one has just done but right after one has just done it. Right @EDub (we should all read more before writing) :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment