• Mangu
    I can’t afford to purchase both, but would definitely like to try one of these “premium” grinders. They’re not cheap and they both offer “innovative” benefits over your standard $50 grinder that you used to think was very nice. Does anyone have both of these grinders? Can you compare your experience with each of them? Do you feel it is better to have magnets with no threads in an aluminum grinder with a rounded profile? Or do you think you rather have some threads in an old style grinder but that it’s made from medical stainless steel? Are the different plates very different in both products? Let’s hear your thoughts and comparisons!
  • GrumpStump
    I'd be very interested in this comparison, too.
  • EconMan
    Excellent. I myself JUST experienced something similar where I made my choice -- The Herb Ripper. Just bought it.

I like them both very much for differing reasons (a very good reason itself to covet both) and will eventually own both. Both are offering COARSE plates. The thing that pushed me over the edge just now was the solid SS construction and its overall look. The thought of tossing it in the dishwasher now and then is delightful. He was looking for beta partners for a couple new grinds, and offered to throw in the two new plates for me to beta test for him.... and like so many things in commerce, in faith, I ordered.

Because of the nature of my business, I work with a lot of young/emerging entrepreneurial companies and there is a difficult-to-describe "spark" that is present in their proprietors. People who simply get things done. I sense a rare trait -- hunger for excellence -- in both companies.

I'll give a full honest review here once I receive it and have some time to really use it across ALL of my vapes. The first however shall be a coarse grind used in my FF2. Been waiting for this. Expectations are high.
  • Mangu
    Awesome! Can’t wait to hear what you have to say....I gotta say I’m leaning toward that ripper based on the one quality I am able to evaluate which is that I think I prefer the standard flat top/bottom style of my typical grinders....but am restraining myself in the event that the Brilliant Cuts features are indeed worth the trade-off. Also, despite the fact that neither of the two is “cheap” I do prefer the lower price of that Ripper :cool:
  • Hazel
    I'm going to say it... I wasn't in love with the Brilliant Cut Grinder the way Bud was...not because it was a bad grinder...just because it felt slippery and I kept getting confused of which side was the top vs bottom etc. Also seemed expensive...BUT...it's actually the same price as the Space Case one's I believe which changes my take on that $.

Bud has always loved this grinder though... and I have to say... it's growing on me. :cool: I really like how quickly it's able to grind the buds (because I stuff the shit out of shit) lol, and I like the deep bud holding well (that's what I'm calling it). :sweat: And lastly... I really like the badass super magnet it has. Every time I try and clean up the leftover bud that didn't make it into the J or herb chamber, I start scraping it into the grinder and the grinder automatically magnets itself to the metal tray creating the absolute ideal situation for putting leftover bud into the grinder without spillage. THAT is a bonus! Also, the magnet is serious business...I can hang the tray from the grinder no problem and it still holds. Not that you would/wouldn't do this lol, but its a really good magnet and a unique feature of the grinder I haven't seen on others.

So... fuck me... I like the grinder now...lol :grin: :monkey: :hearts: So I have to take back some of my previous grievances with it mentioned above because after some time with it (one-on-one), I like. They're also a very nice company despite the wait for the product. How can I say anything about a wait when y'all waiting for a G, am I right? LOL

One suggestions...please make a medium version in black for moi! It will match my NY vibes and my black soul. lol And maybe a small like tiny arrow or something that says which side is the top vs bottom because I'm stupid. lol :pray:
  • EconMan
    I kept getting confused of which side was the top vs bottom etc.Hazel

Great review! Like I said, I plan to get one. There is no law I can't own multiple grinders.

One thing I like about the BCG, is it is available in lots of different colors BY PART :scream:
    Amazing. As a mathhead, the combinations are huge. Just the logistics of it would make for an interesting drama. I might get high and calculate it :nerd:

So I can have the base one color, each size plate its own cover, the lid another color.... kief catcher all yet another color.....
    so you see Hazel all you have to remember is which color you defined as "bottom" :)
  • Hazel
    Unless you're like me and just want one color! lol Then again... Black or Hematite? Is there even a Black? Did I make that up? I need to look before I speak. :sweat:
  • EconMan

No your memory is awesome! :cool:

I'm going to make a rastafarian one.

PLATES: fine, medium, coarse ==> silver, hematite, onyx.
    Bottom, gold, and Top, rose.
  • keenlyside
    Ripper for SURE.

For me, the most important attribute is fluffiness and Ripper is hands down the winner. better vaping, better clouds, better effects.

Nuff s. Cheers

John
  • EconMan

Do you have both? Better vaping in what device(s)?
  • Pakalolo2
    Great question! I too am curious on hearing of a comparison between these two grinders. I own and have used the Ripper for several months now and the quality and build of this little beast is legend. For me, the grind is perfect for use in my MV1’s, Dynavap’s and now G43. I am anxiously awaiting the reviews on these two. Thank you for posting this question!
  • Rockytdogg
    How about a grinder that combines compelling features from both grinders...?

The Grinder by United Machining:

i7pae6bye786vcoy.jpeg
    b78jcgomxpssncw5.jpeg
    vf1fbowuihfqdmga.jpeg

100% 316 Stainless Steel Construction

Made entirely in the USA (even the material itself)

Thread-less, 3-Piece Design with Removable Kief Screen & Stainless Steel Kief Scraper

Neodymium Rare-Earth Magnets secure top and bottom
    Unique 6 point tooth design ensures a fine grind every time

2" (51mm) Outer Diameter x 1.160 (29.5mm) Tall
    Weight: .550 lbs (.250 kg)

https://www.unitedmachining.us/products/united-stainless-steel-herb-grinder

I don’t own one and probably never will...
  • Noodles
    I would love to see these premium stainless steel grinders go beyond that 2” diameter limit
  • HerbRipper
    2-1/2” version hopefully releasing 4/20
  • Baron23
    Wow...it weighs half of a pound!! :gasp:
  • EconMan
    I own and have used the Ripper for several months now and the quality and build of this little beast is legend. For me, the grind is perfect for use in my MV1’s, Dynavap’s and now G43.Pakalolo2

Excellent data to consume as I have one on its way to me! :yum:

I'm REALLY looking forward to trying that coarse plate. My current Santa Cruz Shredder (medium) I have to be careful not to overgrind when producing for my Firefly2 (it is picky about grind -- too fine and it just chokes). But I have found the grind from friend's MV1 stash, works very well in the FF2.

Re the G43, I've been experimenting with grinds with it, and a coarse grind gives a tastier vapor it seems. Will continue this weekend. (The G is my weekend driver)

How about a grinder that combines compelling features from both grinders...?Rockytdogg

Rocky, I would have to think out why, but this is not calling me.
  • Rockytdogg

Ha, yeah, and there’s supposed to be a bigger one in the works... :strong: :groan:

Nor I... I already own a luxury grinder that I’m still very pleased with (LIFT Innovations).

I like the BCG but I’d rather it didn’t have a post in the middle of the grind catcher...
  • Vapster707
    that looks really nice
  • keenlyside

Yes, I have the Brilliant, the Ripper and a Lift grinder. Like them all for sure, there is just something about the way the Ripper cuts that seems to fluff up material no matter the strain or what shape it is in (drier, wetter, etc.). The vapes I use are MV1, Omnivap, FF2, etc.
  • EconMan

Yeah, it is not a zero sum game. One product doesn't have to lose for another to win.
    The market is large and like gas stations tend to do better when one is on each intersectional corner rather than a lone corner, so too does creative competition make both companies better -- both technically and business execution wise.

Love your vapes.... Have them all except the MV1
    I like the universal "fluff factor" observation... that's important to me too. Even on a fine grind I don't want powder.
  • Vapedude
    Yes, I have the Brilliant, the Ripper and a Lift grinder. Like them all for sure, there is just something about the way the Ripper cuts that seems to fluff up material no matter the strain or what shape it is in (drier, wetter, etc.). The vapes I use are MV1, Omnivap, FF2, etc.keenlyside

Hello,

Pics?
  • Law7764
    Anyone able to compare yet???!!?
  • Law7764
    Placed my order for the brilliant cut like 3 weeks ago! Still very interested in the ripper as well. Be nice to see some pics and get someone’s personal experience of both of the current models.
  • 420edc
    Shipping info on our BCG came today. Been using the Ripper (matte) exclusively for a minute. Look forward to comparing the 2.
  • Other Side
    I'm getting a ripper sent to me for evaluation to see if I want to add it to the store. I have a BCG to compare to (which I love) so I'll let you know my thoughts when I have it.
  • Law7764
    @420edc@ other side. That’s great news! I’m really excited to hear the comparison between these two beast! Can’t wait till I get some tracking info!
  • Dr green thumb
    Which grinder would have the better coarse grind between these two grinders? I am looking for a coarse grind that is also fluffy.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I cant speak to th BCG but the ripper coarse plate is closer to a medium grind, the medium is like medium fine. Both very fluffy but not coarse.
  • Other Side
    so the BCG course plate is pretty course so it sounds like that is a better solution for you Doc.
  • Dr green thumb

Very good news, thank you for letting me know. I will be ordering one very soon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment