• Other Side
    very happy with mine. I just wish my friend from the north could catch up in order to be able to offer me more for the store. Good problems to have for jim and I am very happy to see the support he is getting.
  • Law7764
    Can’t wait to get mine I ordered 3/8 so hopefully it arrives soon.
    Ordered my onyx kit 2-22, still waiting but luckily I have a lot already ground getting used up while not grinding anything new until it arrives. I went through a strain buying phase(still am) and decided to grind the whole eighth of each, I have about 12 strains pre ground. Live and learn.
  • iamdiosa
    HA!! That's produced a few towns away from me!! That's pretty awesome!
  • EconMan
    I cant speak to th BCG but the ripper coarse plate is closer to a medium grind, the medium is like medium fine. Both very fluffy but not coarse.SouthboundPachyderm

So is the HerbRIpper, but I believe he is addressing this immediately in the next release. The current coarse was beta tested and it was communicated to him. He is working on it.

I've had my HR for a while now and I so love it. It is well made, solid stainless steel construction, no paint or coatings, dishwasher safe, quarter-turn release/lock, and multiple grind plates in which a more "coarse" coarse is on the development timeline. On the corney side, it sort of just "feels" good to use. Substantial. Not lightweight at all. Great paperweight in a hurricane. But it feels good to use with a pride of ownership value to boot. Thus far I'm a strong fan.
  • Vapereyez
    I got my HR about a week ago. I got my BCG yesterday. My HR came within days. I had to contact BCG after a month to inquire as to my order status. I was informed that he thought he already sent mine out so I would have to wait two weeks for the color I wanted (all silver) He offered me a 35 percent discount or a grinder plate of my choice. As the hematite was available I picked that with a silver (fine,free) wheel. IMHO I prefer the grind, the customer service, and the overall value that the HR has over the BCG which is not to say I dislike the BCG. I ordered it a month before the HR and only discovered the HR when I lost patience with the BCG not showing after a month of waiting. I don't have any thoughts as to long term use yet but as of now, the only advantage I can see that the BCG has over the HR is it's threadless design. The HR feels great in the hand. Not so much when you drop it on the bare foot! The threads are extremely smooth and wide so I can't imagine them being compromised. It grinds effortlessly with all of the product falling through. (The BCG fine grind did as we well with a little more effort). I've owned a Space Case, Santa Cruz Shredder, two SLX, a Phonecian, the BCG, and the HR for higher end grinders and countless cheap ones and right now, I'm wishing I would have bought two HR'S. One to use when im cleaning the other one or for a backup in case I lose this one because I don't believe its going to break any time soon. This is the grail grinder for me
  • Pakalolo2
    I agree, as I now have 2 Ripper grinders. An original and a new matte finished one that is less sticky than the original finish.

These are truly beasts and probably the last grinders I’ll ever need; they are that good!

Thanks Kevin for doing the hard work to make this a great grinder!
  • Vapereyez
    Pakalolo2. I got the matte finish too. I was hoping it wouldn't be as sticky! I like brushed metal better anyway
  • EconMan

I got the standard because I like the shiny bottom -- lol :)

I like just sticking my Omni into the reservoir packing it right there. The other plates are so quick and easy to change, it is easy to have the grind one wants.
  • Pakalolo2
    Kevin offered me an opportunity to Beta Test the new finish so I had to say yes. He made some very good choices and the results are an improvement on a great design.

My moist herb sees to not stick as easily in the matte finished grinder (from my observations) and that’s what we were looking for.

Good on Kevin and congratulations on your acquisition of (IMHO) the best grinder on the planet!
  • HerbRipper

The Matt and polished both have the same finish the the grinding area so the performance will be the same. The outside is just different, no function change.
  • EconMan

Excellent. Don't take away my shiny bottom bowl -- lol :)
  • silat
    I have the regular HR 4 piece and the XL HR, both in matte. I also have an onyx BCG with 3 blades. Rose gold, silver and onyx.
    The fine blade on both superior products is my choice for the Storz and Bickel Volcano and Mighty, But the BCG medium blade works well also.
    Both products are top of the class. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the HR regular unless there are more than 2 people to grind for.
    The customer service is stellar from both camps.

If you can have only one, either choice will satisfy you,
  • UbarDog
    If you can have only one, either choice will satisfy you,silat

Well I been on the fence about these 2 for ages. This statment sealed it for me!
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    I've been using the BCG for about two months. I like it and think it is very good. However, I don't think it is the grinder to end all grinders. The build up on the plates is not that much less than a New Vape fine grinder or SCS after a month or so of daily grinding. I actually cleaned the grinder with ISO after a month and was able to reclaim quite a bit. Grind consistency is nice but I don't feel it is the home run that others do. It does look awesome though.
  • EconMan
    I am exceptionally happy with the HerbRipper. The ALL stainless design is just cool. And my favorite thing is the "feel". Sounds corny but a great grinder needs to feel "great" to me :)
  • Baron23
    I love my NV Fine Grinders but must say that the BCG fine plate gives me the fluffiest fine grind I have found and I like that consistency.
  • Gonzo
    I agree. Have you used the medium plate for the BCG? I tend to like that a little better than the fine plate.
  • Baron23
    nope, and I have one too!!

I’m just mostly a fine grind guy.

But I do need to give it a shot.
  • LabPong
    ↪Baron23
    I agree. Have you used the medium plate for the BCG? I tend to like that a little better than the fine plate.
    Gonzo

I'm with you on that one....I now wish I had ordered a coarse plate or no other plate. I think they totally nailed it with the medium plate.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Im the same. I have all 3 plates but have only used the fine one. I think I will give medium a go today.
  • LabPong
    ↪Baron23
    Im the same. I have all 3 plates but have only used the fine one. I think I will give medium a go today.
    Mr Gweilo 420

Do it....I was surprised at the size of grind was actually what I have been looking for....between my S&B mill and SLX/SpaceCase.

The slx and sc were pretty "large medium" grind results for me...also not that consistent...but not too bad in comparison to others on the market.

Sometimes my S&B can go too fine pending on moisture levels. Medium plate BC diamond cut.....is perfect I find for all my vaping needs.
  • mmx
    I was split between these two, but at first both of them was too small for me. BGC looks nice, but Ripper is heavy duty machine. I am an engineer, thats why I am attracted by solid steel. After a while Kevin replied that XL version is going to be released and I knew where to go. I was using S&B XL grinder before. I loved it cuz its big and sharp but it was way too fine grind. Even if I did only few turns.

I got my big Rippah month ago and I love it. Nugs are getting smashed hard. Medium grind is consistent and fluffy as hell. I am not into fine grind, but I am eagerly waiting for a course plate.

The only thing I noticed. I was used to grind in both directions, but with fully loaded Ripper it is better to do only clockwise. If I do it both direction, the bottom chamber wants to open up. First turn is always a bit hard ( o rly sherlock ) but then it goes though like butter. No bud is left behind. And fast opening tread design - fuck yea.
  • HerbRipper
    @EconMan@SouthboundPachyderm@Pakalolo2 hope you fellas are having a hell-Ava-day. Anyways good news, the coarse grind plate is scheduled to come off the machine today! I’ll be sure to send you three the samples for testing. Still need to go to sandblast and polish. Be sure to tell me whether you have matte or polished version!

Quick question, does the fine plate work as a fine grind? Wanting to start production on that as well.

We will also be making 3 more samples for testing that are free to the first 3 that respond to me on here! This is for people that already have The Ripper. All I ask is that you pay shipping.

As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
  • mmx
    If I understood correctly this course plate is meant for normal one, not XL right?

I hope this testing goes well. Cant wait to get my hands on course XL plate. Till then! :starstruck:
  • zancru
    I believe my right hand grinds better than my left hand.
    What’s the consensus on that???
    Lefty vs righty??
  • Biesas

Are these the same samples that I received? :wink:
    If there's anything new I would love to try it out :yum: As I've got the matt 4 piece version, but the fine and coarse plates are shinny, would love to have the fine and coarse plates to match my whole Ripper
  • HerbRipper
    the coarse is different. Testing showed on the previous coarse that it wasn’t coarse enough. The fine plate is the same. I got you down as Matte fine and coarse.

I use my hand hand and it grinds like a dream. I am told lefties struggle. Leave it up to the minorities to mess things up. to help with this we changed the thread to a half turn vs quarter turn. Still wicked fast but a little more meat.

[ reply="mmx;117500"] yes this is the regular. If testing goes well the XL is next!
  • Pakalolo2
    Sorry Kevin, I misread your post! Thank you! I I would be honored to test the plate out and report back my findings. To be honest, I’ve only used the fine plate for a few grinds and, for me it makes for a nice fine grinding of my herb. I like it so far!

Lovin’ my Rippers!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet