• Z Master
    it came with the HerbRipper, he swapped out the medium grind plate for the course plate. Got a free T-shirt with it. It’s his newest plate I believe
  • EconMan

Yes. I’m very happy. Working great in all my convection vapes.

ax25jlsdf6qvlmpm.jpeg
  • Dankpup
    I have the Cali crusher mini and I find bud is always getting stuck in between the grinder teeth and in the holes half way between the grinding compartment and finished compartment. Would the herb ripper be a worthwhile upgrade?
  • Z Master
    yes I’d recommend a course grind plate. I have the small 3pc herbripper. I don’t get anything stuck in between the teeth, definitely worth the upgrade.
  • Dankpup
    I may have to invest in one.
  • Z Master
    I would, all stainless steel! Put it in the dishwasher if you ever need to clean it. No paints, coatings, plastics or anything that will chip off into the flower. I’m saving up for HerbRipper XL 3pc rn. Great investment! Save up, oh and I absolutely love how heavy the small HerbRipper is! Outstanding customer service too!
  • EconMan
    I may have to invest in one.Dankpup

I really like the two I have. Just a delight to use. Love the "feel".
  • onejuicyfruit
    Hey man, thanks for the pic of latest course grind plate...So glad you are digging it. I will have to order one.:smile:
  • EconMan

I think you'll like it. Outstanding grinder. The owner, Kevin is a cool hard-working guy, which always makes my purchases easier. :)
  • MunicipalBlack
    I ground up a couple strains yesterday with my BCG and HerbRipper XL. I'm surprised at how fine the HerbRipper medium came out. I prefer the medium on the BCG to be honest, seems to work better in my MV1. The fine from each is very comparable with the BCG having a more coarse medium which I would just consider medium. The HR would definitely be a medium-fine. I had done the same thing the day before and both fine and medium HR plates came out very similar with a different strain. I keep each strain with a 62% Boveda humidity pack. I put in the Honeypuff grinder for shits and giggles. After using high end grinders you can sure tell the difference with the Chinese cheapo options. Never again!

41551997_20190711_085010.jpg 41551998_20190706_163226.jpg 41551999_20190706_162620.jpg 41552000_20190706_162611.jpg 41552001_20190706_201327.jpg
  • EconMan

WOW!
    Thanks for the pics and analysis. :100:
    I'm digging the coarse on the BCG. Similar to the HR.
    Do you not have the coarse plate for the XL ?

And yes, you are so correct, regardless of specific brand/model using a high-end grinder makes a lot of difference from the "chinese cheapos" :nerd:
  • MunicipalBlack

Kevin is shipping me the coarse when it's ready, I've already paid but there was an issue he needed to resolve, no specifics. I'm looking very forward to it, a 3 plate setup just gives so many options.
  • EconMan

Ok. I understand now. You will like it.
    Mine looks very much like the BCG coarse pic you posted. :)

I've found this grinder rabbit hole to be enlightening since I had never fully appreciated the difficulty in defining "fine, medium, and coarse" .. the essential considerations ... and then even within those categories, which tooth/hole pattern works best for each. :gasp: :scream: A lot of permutations. lol
  • Dankpup
    b057ciz1iy38m71o.jpeg
    Got the 3 piece small herbripper, very nice quality, heavy little grinder!
  • silat

What I posted were links to actual scientific research not statistics. Scientific research has found the correlation. Do you know the difference between a scientific theory and the way a laymen uses the word theory?
    https://oregonstate.edu/instruction/bb317/scientifictheories.html

Scientific proof is abundantly clear.
    https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/smoking-and-cancer/how-does-smoking-cause-cancer
  • treecityrnd
    that's not how statistics work, which is what all scientific research data analysis is based on. Nothing is a perfect correlation in the real world (r =1.0) so nothing can be proven 100%. You don't set your a at 0.0, even in medical research, it's always at .001 at best, medical is usually .05.

Yes, you've increased your likelihood of getting various types of cancer exponentially by smoking. But just because I live near a giant radiation source (the sun) doesn't mean I'll get cancer in my lifetime.
    I find it hard to determine grind size until I look at the abv. What I think is a nice fluffy fine grind sometimes turns out to be very medium abv. I sold my bcg in favor of two NV two piece grinders. While I love the feel and size of the NV grinders, I find it hard to get a consistent grind from either because of me. I guess I just can’t grind by feel, I either under grind or over grind and to get it perfect takes me way longer then my patience will allow. Guess I just like having a three piece. Been using my SLX upside down for a finer grind(just like a two piece) then flip it over to let it fall through the holes and grind up any chunks that might be left. But again it has a lot to do with me. The BCG fine plate worked great for me in the Flowerpot and would order another but don’t want to wait and wish it was bigger. Does anyone think the XL Ripper with fine plate will be equivalent to the BCG fine plate in a larger size grinder?

Edit, well I just picked up a BCG in the classified of another forum so I’ll be back to what I know. Crazy coincidence lol.
  • EconMan
    you've increased your likelihood of getting various typestreecityrnd

True. A fundamental principle within the philosophy of science. Even within our philosophy of vaping -- any action -- we must CHOOSE a priori our probabilistic preference for EITHER Type I or Type II errors.
  • Baron23
    I sold my bcg in favor of two NV two piece grinders. While I love the feel and size of the NV grinders, I find it hard to get a consistent grind from either because of me. I guess I just can’t grind by feel, I either under grind or over grind and to get it perfect takes me way longer then my patience will allow.52

Yes, the issue with two piece is that you can under grind and if you have dry or delicate flower (I think of my experience with Blue Dream) you can grind it into dust.

I too have a couple of NV grinders and love them. I grind until I don't feel any real resistance and all is good as long as the flower is not dried out.

But the advantage of a three piece...as you mentioned...is that once small enough the flower falls through the holes and won't be ground any finer. I do love my BCG with the fine plate...but for bulk grinding I really like the heft and larger grip area of my NV Fine Arm Band version.
  • silat

A common misconception is that statistics provide a measure of proof that something is true, but they actually do no such thing. Instead, statistics provide a measure of the probability of observing a certain result.
  • fatbiker
    More grinder talk and less debate over the use of statistic and correlations :nerd: (I have a degree in economics so I love the work and function of econometrics. It’s just overtaking this thread in an unnecessary way.) Plus, I’m in the process of ordering a Herb Ripper XL. Which Ripper plate is closest to the medium plate of the BCG?
    Is the HR XL available with a fine plate?

Edit: just received an email response(they responded within 10 minutes!)
    All three xl plates will be available next mid week.
    I’ll do a grind compassion as soon as I need to grind up a bunch. I hope someone beats me to it though, lol.
    7b5iutu3ca3wm8ks.jpeg
    8pq2otvyntdjg5cg.jpeg
    1vju5h6v6mu8oxzu.jpeg
    rlmp4qay4brwusyn.jpeg
    qbdfyr0xypdh9t3x.jpeg
    prh3f3luwugh86k6.jpeg
    zwyz8t8d7jrsd8w6.jpeg
    9zq0xp5r1wnnnkdx.jpeg
  • fatbiker
    You’re making me second gurss my decision to sell my BCG :cry:

Looks like it found a good home. Enjoy :smile:

Haha! Problem is, I ground a bunch(at least for me) when I received yours a week or so before so I don’t really need or want(well of course I want to) to have more ground herb sitting around.
  • Boombastik
    Well herb the ripper is bigger, one color.
    Do like the bottom of HTR is one complete opening no center.

Looking forward to the grind comparison
  • Dr green thumb
    I've moved away from using a fine grind as all it does is dirty my rigs. I use a four piece slx grinder and the grind it produces for me is perfect.
  • Dankpup
    you have a grinding arsenal, that weed never stood a chance!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment